I'm still amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Was just sitting here vaping and thinking to myself how much I enjoy it. I'm still amazed that after 30+ years of smoking, never going more than a week or two without a cigarette, that I'm into my 2nd year of not smoking. Still amazes me. :)

A big CONGRATS to all of us no matter where we are in the journey! :thumbs:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Was just sitting here vaping and thinking to myself how much I enjoy it. I'm still amazed that after 30+ years of smoking, never going more than a week or two without a cigarette, that I'm into my 2nd year of not smoking. Still amazes me. :)

A big CONGRATS to all of us no matter where we are in the journey! :thumbs:
However improbable, an invention came along that can be entirely supereior to smoking. Making that transition wasn't effortless for me. During the first few weeks vaping made me slightly queasy (I figured that would pass and it idid). I hated the taste of all the pre mix flavors I tried (because they were way way too strong). Despite some discomforts I stuck with it because vaping reduced my daily cigs 80% from day one with no effort, meaning it might work. To get rid of the last 5 daily cigarettes I had to push myself through a "cold turkey" phase that was low stress because I was only missing 5 cigs instead of 25. After a month and a half of no cigs I tried one to see what would happen. It tasted bad. There was no temptation to have another. Even after all that it was at least another year + to fully adjust to vaping. For about 18 months I could sense subtle healing, as might happen after a major surgery. My enjoyment of vaping increased as the perceived healing progressed. Now I have this hobby/habit I enjoy in many different ways that costs pennies a day. What's not to like about that?

I've told non smoking friends, if you see vapers and they look smug, it's because they are.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Longest I've ever gone was bootcamp. After that I quit oncst for a few days and realized how futile it was and never tried again.

Ecigs coming out ( this time) when they did in 07 really helped many out of work with the recession and high state taxes.

Congrats to Hon and Oliver for providing many a way out.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Longest I've ever gone was bootcamp. After that I quit oncst for a few days and realized how futile it was and never tried again.

Ecigs coming out ( this time) when they did in 07 really helped many out of work with the recession and high state taxes.

Congrats to Hon and Oliver for providing many a way out.
    I give Hon Lic credit as inventor of the modern ecig and Gilbert credit for the original inspiration and early work. Who is Oliver?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    The guy who started this website and pops in from time to time? :D

:pop:
    Ah, okay. I wonder sometimes how infuential this forum is. Lots of ideas and trends percolate here. How many of them make it into the wild? Apparently there is discusion of vaping in places like facebook but I cannot figure out how to have an even handed dialog there. Conversations are shared. Nobody owns them.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    Ah, okay. I wonder sometimes how infuential this forum is. Lots of ideas and trends percolate here. How many of them make it into the wild? Apparently there is discusion of vaping in places like facebook but I cannot figure out how to have an even handed dialog there. Conversations are shared. Nobody owns them.
    This is Oliver
    Read this! - Is vaping sticky?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread