I'm still amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Since the age of 17, I could never go a day without smoking. Then 34 years later vaping came along and I thought, well, maybe it will work. Five and a half years later, here I am, a non-smoker. I am still tootle-puffing at 20mg/ml, but what the hay? It works for me.
To tell the truth, when I would say I was going to quit, I would subconsciously (haha) make sure I had a half-pack in an old purse. I knew I could never quit. My mom smoked when pregnant with me, and my parents were a pack a day smokers. I kind of think that what I really am is a life-long smoker turned vaper. For my health, vaping is pure heaven, I get the nic, but not the harm.
vape on!! And on!! And on!!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Y'all are right of course, but one thing just really irritates me about my vape! I'm 2 years in an STILL haven't Figgered out a way to hook a mod up to my CPAP machine so I can vape in my sleep.
Home Depot.[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I'm amazed I found this amazing thing that made quitting smoking effortless. My one year is coming up next month and I haven't had a single temptation to smoke since I started vaping. It's a million times more enjoyable than smoking and gives me a hobby too. And I've had the opportunity to meet so many great people here on ecf!

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
I don't think I'll ever cease to be amazed that I gave up smoking ! The thought of giving up used to make me feel physically ill so (apart from once in the very early years - lasted all of 3 days) I never even tried. Come December it'll be 4 years since I smoked a cigarette :):)

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
This is as good an opportunity as any, to thank everyone involved in, and with ECF, for helping me kick a 45+ year smoking habit. I had absolutely no intention of quitting the cigs, when I picked up my Lava starter kit, a little over 2 years ago. It wasn't a very good vape at all, but I immediately saw the potential was there. I just needed a better tobacco flavored juice than the meh stuff that was available at the B&Ms near me. I started searching DIY tobacco eliquids, and ran across the Hangsen thread here on ECF. That was my 'Eureka Paydirt!' Moment.

From there, I discovered a wealth of info here on everything else needed, to make quitting the cigs easier than I ever imagined it could be. I was a dual user for a total of 3 days, and kicked the cigs. I shocked myself, how quickly I was able to walk away from my 45 year, 1 to 2 pack a day habit. ECF was a huge part of that success, so thanks everyone. I'm now a well stocked, happy little Tootle Puffer, and I'll never go back. My two year, cig free mark was a few weeks ago.

I doubt I'll ever be able to put back, as much as I've absorbed here at ECF, but I'll do my best.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Even after almost 6 years I am still amazed :) I figured I would be buried with a cigarette between my tar stained fingers. (BTW, My fingers never got tar stained) :D Who would have thought a simple cig-a-like kit could have started me on this life changing journey. I will be forever grateful to that little cig-a-like and this forum. :wub:

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I started vaping a month before joining here. I was looking for a support group and ran across this website! When I choose to quit I didn't have a clue about WTA, I ended up going through a 5 lbs of dumdum suckers and made a paper chain with all those colorful wrappers. I'm still proud of that chain. ECF gave me the support and information I needed to stay of cigarettes. I never did use the WTA, the suckers worked along with upping my mg on my ejuice!:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Coming up on 3 years I would have never thought I would go visit my store and walk out with almost 800mls of free samples.
I never got free samples of stinkier! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That reminds me of that brief time period Marlboro was having you collect pieces of the pack once you smoked it and they would send you awful stuff in return.... It was pretty much a reward for smoking more. :( I think I might have earned a dartboard that I could have purchased for $15, and although we did use it, I would far rather have had vaping samples. It didn't really affect my smoking habits, and some of the stuff was outrageously impossible to collect, much "manly" stuff, but hey, I don't knock Marlboro Reds for doing it, they were my go to cigarette for a long time.... BUT, I have not thought about that in YEARS. :) For awhile in my smoking circle everyone was wanting the cigarette packs to "play" from those who weren't. :)

Anna

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I just hit 5 years (time flies when you get old). I still remember my 2nd full day vaping. Now I was a 40 year 3 pad a day smoker. It was a Sunday about 6pm. I had gone nearly 12 hours (since morning) without a cigarette. My wife was sitting across from my in her easy chair (we have dueling squishy chairs) and we were watching TV. I must have had a strange look as I was sitting there with my cigalike cartomizer. She asked me what was wrong. The thing was that I was just amazed at how well the vaping thing was working...I mean I had gone a full day without a smoke. Next day, Monday, she ordered her first starter kit.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm amazed every day, too...after 42+ years of smoking up to 1 1/2 PAD and trying several other methods to quit. I even spent $300+ on hypnosis, yet was only able to make it 4 days (twice) without a smoke.

I actually ordered my JoyeTech 510 Double Starter Kit a full year before I really gave it a fair chance to help me quit. Tried it for about 4-5 hours when I first got it, and then put it away in a drawer and forgot about it...convinced it wouldn't work for me. I started smoking RYO ciggies after that and did get down to 1/2 PAD, which was a good thing.

A year later, in Nov. 2013, I got sick and was in bed sleeping for 3 days straight. Honestly couldn't even think about having a cigarette. On day 4 I felt well enough to get out of bed fand have one. I took 2 puffs on it and thought I was going to hock up a lung! Decided right then and there to dig out that JoyeTech kit and give it a fair shot this time. Just slightly less than 2 months of dual using did it for me, and in January 2014, I was done with smoking...for good!

Didn't even know about the ECF until early August of 2015. Spent a few months just reading posts and decided I might as well become a member. What I've learned, and am still learning, from other members...has been invaluable to me in many ways.

My only regret concerning vaping...is that I didn't discover it and give it a try years before I did!

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I'm almost at 1 year without a cig and I'm absolutely amazed too! I never thought I'd be this successful! Yay for us!
Seems like it was just yesterday I was actually being nice to you.

How time flies...

Guns don't kill people, virgins do! -Jim Jeffries

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Seems like it was just yesterday I was actually being nice to you.

How time flies...

Guns don't kill people, virgins do! -Jim Jeffries

Lol! You're always nice to me! And if I've missed anything, call me blissfully unaware![emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread