I'm thinkin' maybe we should try this again? . . . . and you kids should behave yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
sedge, depends on which state you are in. Some states do not restrict you to the inside of your dwelling and allow it if you are protecting your property or your family. Not saying it would be easy to defend in court during a personal lawsuit, just that it would not be an infraction against the law.
We can shoot in our yard or even our neighbors yard for that matter. Was a guy not too long ago shot 3 teenagers burglarizing his neighbors house while said neighbor was on vacation, in neighbors front yard on their way out. All dead, no charges filed! Maybe leave the gun with your neighbor on the next vacation.
Moral to story "If you wanna see another day in Texas stay out of other peoples houses!"

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
I was under the impression that in Texas you are allowed to shoot someone for leaning against your truck.
Pretty much and there's still a law on the state books making it a crime to flip someone off. You have to be polite whilst blowing their brains out.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Pretty much and there's still a law on the state books making it a crime to flip someone off. You have to be polite whilst blowing their brains out.
What about the hand to chin FU/up yours gesture, or the arm one?

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
sedge, depends on which state you are in. Some states do not restrict you to the inside of your dwelling and allow it if you are protecting your property or your family. Not saying it would be easy to defend in court during a personal lawsuit, just that it would not be an infraction against the law.

Hence why I said general black letter common law rule used on the Multi State Bar Exam. Blech. Memories.

Of couse you can use lethal for to protect persons. I've never heard it allowed to protect property but I do not know the laws of all states. Just California.

4nic8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
Lake Mary, FL
Stand your ground law, if you are in a place you are lawfully allowed to be in and feel your life is in danger you can shoot to kill. Florida and many other states are very liberal with this, so don't come to Mickey land and threaten Minnie or she can pop a cap in yer @$$. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread