I'm tired of people acting like they drip 18mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
As I've been at battle with the constant permanent breathlessness caused by dripping 18mg, I can't help but get enraged when I see people acting like that's the norm. It's all bravado and you're spreading dangerous information. We all know that there are two schools to vaping right now. You've got the young kids on the mech mods/box mods, and the oldies on the ego. Then you have the outliers like me and many others that fall in between. We either started on a cartomizer or an ego and then became interested in mods. There is little to no safety information out there for those outliers that are transitioning from an ego to a mod. I don't doubt that such information exists but it is well hidden. Main point: if you're dripping more than 0-7mg you are destroying your lungs. Stop acting like you are some type of badass that drips insanely high. Imagine if some young kid didn't know any better and wound up in the hospital with 25% lung function. To have to live the rest of their lives on daily breathing treatments and live breathless. Don't be cruel.

Reactions: bcme

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Can you please provide an example where people act like dripping 18mg is the norm and provide more detail about what concerns you?

I feel like you're leaving out some details. You’ve talked about eGos and mods but you haven’t talked about wattage or coil resistance. I can use a 2.0ohm cartomizer with 18mg eliquid on an eGo, a mechanical mod, or a VW box mod set at a comparable wattage and there really won’t be much of a difference in the vape that I get and one PV shouldn’t be more harmful to the lungs over another.

You seem to be implying that higher concentrations of nicotine cause damage to the lungs, but I’ve never heard that before. If you’re trying to say something different, then it wasn’t at all clear what your concern is.

I guess that I’m an outlier like you as I started using cartomizers with cigalikes and eGos and then transitioned to VV and mechanical mods. Initially, I used the same cartomizers and same 12mg eliquid on all of these mods and I’m not aware of relevant safety information that I should have been given.

I feel like you’re concerned with people vaping eliquid with a high concentration of nicotine at high wattages, but you haven’t stated that. Just because one uses an RDA, they need not build sub-ohm coils (I don’t). Just because one uses a VW box mod, they need not vape it at high wattages (I don’t). If this is your concern, then I think that you do a poor job of communicating it. If this isn't your concern, then I apologize, but I still think that you did a poor job of communicating your concern (because I don't understand it).

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
@Firestorm There are many many posts where people claim to drip 18mg sub ohm. It makes me sick to my stomach when I see those because my local vape shop advised me that 18 was 'Regular' when I began. I ignored the 'harshness' like many people say you should do when you are getting used to vaping. I wound up permanently causing scarring or fibrosis in my lungs and triggering a condition called Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis or Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis which causes the lungs to overreact and inflame to everything: smells, coughing, sneezes etc after being critically damaged by an irritant. I was a healthy single father in feb and am now dying on oxygen. Yes it's 'my fault', No I don't have 100% proof that vaping caused it, but after i'm dead they will be performing many tests on my lung tissue. and no I don't blame vaping either but where is this arms race of "Clouds" going to end? I shutter to think about young kids getting into this crap and hurting themselves that's all i'm saying.

Reactions: jjatl

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
In the immortal words of the You Tuber Tl;Dr:

"Citation Needed!"

Your anecdotal "evidence" of vaping high nicotine is THE cause of your troubles means absolutely nothing. Unless you can put up here that it DIRECTLY caused your condition, as bad as it may be, your tantrum is falling on deaf ears.

The onus is on you to prove what you are saying is true as you're the one making the claim.

We'll wait, it's fine.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I think you may be catorgizing the entire vaping population based on your own experience. Just because you can't do something doesn't mean others can't. Some people are more sensitive to nicotine or PG while others can vape or drip higher levels. For example, my husband dripped 24mg for his first 2 years of vaping. Not kidding. I can barely drip 3mg. His lungs are clear. He hasn't even had a cold in years. He dropped to 18, then 12 recently but his first 2 years was 24mg dripped. We make our own juice and he'd get me to taste some of his stuff and it was like getting punched in the throat. Does that mean his lungs are ruined? No... It means his tolerance for nicotine is much higher than mine. Nicotine at 24 or 18mg in vaping is not going to harm your lungs. That's basic science.

Just because you can't do something doesn't mean it will kill everybody else who can. :w00t:

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Hi gwapes6... How are you doing? The 28 years young guy with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis! I'm 28 and have Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. So you claim that your IPF was caused by 18mg nic dripping. I wish it was that simple. Yet with such a severe pulmonary disease, which has a very poor prognosis, you sound pretty good to me. I've been following your posts around, observing the weakness of your arguments, such as the ones above. I am afraid that I'm starting to question the honesty of your statements. Most vapers are also smokers or ex-smokers, who are damaging or have severely damaged their lungs before switching, like myself... Sure, dripping 18mg or 0mg nicotine, with high volume and high wattage vaping won't do any good to weakened lungs... What are you exactly looking for? For some folks saying, like in other threads, "the same thing happened to me"... Are you in some kind of crusade?

Last edited:

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
@Firestorm There are many many posts where people claim to drip 18mg sub ohm. It makes me sick to my stomach when I see those because my local vape shop advised me that 18 was 'Regular' when I began. I ignored the 'harshness' like many people say you should do when you are getting used to vaping. I wound up permanently causing scarring or fibrosis in my lungs and triggering a condition called Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis or Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis which causes the lungs to overreact and inflame to everything: smells, coughing, sneezes etc after being critically damaged by an irritant. I was a healthy single father in feb and am now dying on oxygen. Yes it's 'my fault', No I don't have 100% proof that vaping caused it, but after i'm dead they will be performing many tests on my lung tissue. and no I don't blame vaping either but where is this arms race of "Clouds" going to end? I shutter to think about young kids getting into this crap and hurting themselves that's all i'm saying.

You are repeating yourself dude! I'm 28 and have Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis...

Gbdrywall

Verified Member
May 18, 2009
north liberty,iowa
I've been vaping along with my wife for 6.5 years now.started with the pen types.for the kast few years we've been diy'ing our juice at 36mg.and we use tanks.both use a sub tank and 36mg nic juice.our local bm stores cant believe it but thats how we like it.if how we are doing it is worse for us than others vaping at just a lower nic level,Id like to know how?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The vape shop recommended 18mg for me too, though I smoked ultra-lights for 20+ yrs, and it took only about 30 minutes of vaping 18mg -- in a cigalike! -- to know the vape shop was full of crap. Then I tried 12mg, and it also made me very sick. So I tried 6mg, and finally I could vape without nausea. When the cigarettes were gone, I gradually increased, finally arriving at 10mg, where I stayed for about a year -- in a Kayfun.

When I got an Achilles, I had to drop from 10mg at 10w, to 9mg at 9w, because the TH was so intense. I still vape my Achilles around 9w, but have been dropping regularly to try and get to 5mg before cold weather (to try and avoid popsicle paws this winter). Now at 6.5mg.

The point of all this is that it really doesn't matter what anyone else says about your nic level or device; you must find what suits YOU, and to hell with the opinions of other people. Worrying about what other people think is an utterly pointless waste of time, and a good way to be enraged all the time. But trying to foist your own opinions on others is a good way to enrage THEM.

Andria

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
@gwapes6 We are waiting for you to respond to the above posts. You need to cite your source here. Your absence in this thread and the sum total of all your posts since you've been here leave me (as well as others) skeptical of your motives here.

And as to your not blaming vaping for this, you absolutely are and have been since you started with these posts.

Where is your evidence that dripping over "x" mg nic is "destroying lungs"? Where is the evidence that vaping at all caused your condition?

You need to respond to the people that are talking to you in this thread because right now you are on a very slippery slope.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Coldrake

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
As I've been at battle with the constant permanent breathlessness caused by dripping 18mg, I can't help but get enraged when I see people acting like that's the norm. It's all bravado and you're spreading dangerous information. We all know that there are two schools to vaping right now. You've got the young kids on the mech mods/box mods, and the oldies on the ego. Then you have the outliers like me and many others that fall in between. We either started on a cartomizer or an ego and then became interested in mods. There is little to no safety information out there for those outliers that are transitioning from an ego to a mod. I don't doubt that such information exists but it is well hidden. Main point: if you're dripping more than 0-7mg you are destroying your lungs. Stop acting like you are some type of badass that drips insanely high. Imagine if some young kid didn't know any better and wound up in the hospital with 25% lung function. To have to live the rest of their lives on daily breathing treatments and live breathless. Don't be cruel.

its not the "dripping 18mg" that is the problem,
it is too much wattmilligramspermilliliter.

You can vape 20mg at 5 watts (that's 100 wattmilligramspermilliliter)
You can vape 5mg at 20 watts (that's 100 wattmilligramspermilliliter)
But if you vape 18mg at 20 watts that's 360 wattmilligramspermilliter.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I started dripping two weeks after I started vaping. I have been using 18mg/ml for the entire time. I certainly couldn't sub ohm 18. Anybody who does is, well, I don't know, tough? damnifiknow

This is the sort of thing which in my opinion causes problems.
You basically mention casually that you drip 18mg no problem with no mention of wattage;

I remember a couple years ago where people would causually mention that they run their protank coils at 15 watts and only when questioned would they mention that they were rebuilding the coils with 30 or 28 gauge kanthal; meanwhile of course there were tons of lurkers all over the world reading such things who of course tried cranking their expensive regulated mods up to 15 watts on their stock coils because of what they read.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Main point: if you're dripping more than 0-7mg you are destroying your lungs.

@Firestorm I ignored the 'harshness' like many people say you should do when you are getting used to vaping. I wound up permanently causing scarring or fibrosis in my lungs and triggering a condition called Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis or Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis which causes the lungs to overreact and inflame to everything: smells, coughing, sneezes etc after being critically damaged by an irritant.

Your posts say otherwise...

Try again.

Reactions: inspects
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread