Status
Not open for further replies.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States
I spent hours researching and sifting through a convoluted mess of forum posts and shotty incomplete youtube videos. Don't assume your 'common sense' is the same as someone else's.
I never assumed I generalized a certain lvl of basic common sense. Further you discuss forums a place of opinion as your go to for research? Further youtube also a place of opinion.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Jesus Christ. Does noone know how to scroll up?
I've read what you posted, but as others have pointed out, it doesn't actually trace back to vaping.

Look at it from our perspective, and we'll even go with the lower numbers of people who have actually posted in this thread.

One person says vaping THIS way caused THAT.

Ten other people say, I vape THIS way also, but it has never caused THAT for me or anyone else I've ever spoken to.

Do me a favor and recap, how exactly did vaping damage your lungs, by what mechanism? Was it the heat? the nic? the PG? do you have pneumonia? or OB? or something else? I don't feel like wading as it seems to have changed from post to post.

Reactions: Coldrake

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Did you vape 18mg out of a plumeveil with two coils at .3 on a SMPL? I didn't think so.
I have out of a velocity, same setup, does that count? I've also vaped down to .25 in a derringer on a 4nine, though I didn't like it much. Same setups have been used with 24mg as well.

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
Further you discuss forums a place of opinion as your go to for research? Further youtube also a place of opinion.
By that logic ANYTHING is opinion isn't it? Not even 2 months ago one of the most trusted youtubers on vaping made a video guide to sub ohm vaping. STILL NO MENTION OF RECOMMENDED NICOTINE LEVEL. Go ahead watch it. I'll wait.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
I realize this is a long thread but don't start accusing me of things until you've read everything I've actually said. I said from the beginning it was HOW I VAPED. Nicotine level is part of how I vaped isn't it?

For a bunch of people that are all about sample size and scientific studies, you sure have no problem comparing your own vaping habits to mine when they aren't even remotely similar.

That high nicotine sub ohm RDA vaping is dangerous. Because it is.

You're right there isn't. Basically I've walked into a room with thousands of fellow addicts and told them to be careful. How often has that ever worked in history right? I don't even know what I was thinking. I wanted to use my mistake to help others but instead I get accused of 'TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO BLAME'.
Ok buddy you come on to a vape board making false allegations based on improper information claiming that safety is your key note of speech. You then go on to NEVER provide any information to prove your allegation. Only to further dispute others who claim you may be wrong and PROVIDE info to defend there stance. You then demand others read the read the entire thread before posting for context but then go on to a track only the parts of people's post you choose usually only posting that part so you can change the context of what's said. Only to go on to continue to insult those who are legitimately and respectfully debating your position and stance. And since you have no proof as grounds to defend your argument you attempt to trivialize every poster on this board by referring them to addicts.

All I can say is sir you are so far out of bounds it's ridiculous. If you would like to continue I'd suggest either putting up some legitimacy to your claim and some respect in your approach otherwise this is just a thread of conjecture that you have no defense for your wild accusation and a dead thread walking

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I vaped 24mg on 0.8ohm coils for close to a year, single and dual, sometimes lower resistance though usually 0.7 or 0.8, which I've already stated. I don't usually vape below 0.5 though I have, usually for at least a few days at a time while I'm trying out a new build.

Again, what part of sub ohm vaping with higher nic would cause the damage that you say it causes?

Reactions: Coldrake

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
By that logic ANYTHING is opinion isn't it? Not even 2 months ago one of the most trusted youtubers on vaping made a video guide to sub ohm vaping. STILL NO MENTION OF RECOMMENDED NICOTINE LEVEL. Go ahead watch it. I'll wait.

Yea most trusted youtuber Yea that he's not lol you ever looked up pbusardo grim green or even riptripper that guy is a vape tuber yes but far from someone I would call trusted

Reactions: Izan

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
I vaped 24mg on 0.8ohm coils for close to a year, single and dual, sometimes lower resistance though usually 0.7 or 0.8, which I've already stated. I don't usually vape below 0.5 though I have, usually for at least a few days at a time while I'm trying out a new build.
I don't really know how far .3 is from .8 even though they sound similar.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
One of. One of dude. You can't go accusing someone of manipulating context when you aren't even capable of understanding the concept.
Again with the INSULTS. are you able to be disagreed with without attacking and insulting? And FYI I do understand the concept and that guy isn't even close to one of the most trusted youtuber vape info people. He's been called out on several pieces of misinformation he's given on products general info and vaping in general. So I have a pretty firm handle in context. Oh and again pulling only a part from a long post I made to atk what suits you again.

Reactions: Izan

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't really know how far .3 is from .8 even though they sound similar.
On the same mech the 0.3 would be much hotter than a 0.8, more than double the wattage, but as I said I have vaped lower resistance and I used higher nic for much longer. That's part of the problem I think, you don't have a full grasp of all of the variables in vaping. Not meant as an insult, just pointing it out.

I'm really trying to consider that you're not here to bash vaping in general, and maybe you have something to add to the broader vape community as far as your experiences. However, you need to understand that many of us have read a lot of the science involved with what we do, we've also experienced much more than you have in the short time that you've been vaping.

IF your lungs were damaged by vaping, we really DO want to know about it but you can't just say that it happened and expect us to believe it. We need to know the specifics of what exactly happened, how it relates to vaping, and for anyone to benefit we need to know how it can be avoided. So far you haven't provided that information, and maybe you don't have it.

Nicotine has never been shown to CAUSE lung damage. Yes, nicotine applied directly to cells will cause damage, but that's not what happens when you vape.

What I've been trying to point out to you is that your vaping style, wattage and nic level, are not unique to you, but the results that you claim are, as far as I know, unique.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
RippTrippers Cloud Chasing 101 videos come to mind. No mention of safe nic levels. Do you need more or are you done?
You've said this a couple of times, and you're not understanding what we're saying. Nicotine has never been shown to cause lung damage, at any level, sub ohm or otherwise. The only guidelines for "safe nic levels" are, whatever doesn't make you nauseous and provides the level of nicotine you need to continue not smoking.

ETA: When people scoff at someone vaping sub ohm with high nic, it's because the "buzz" would be too strong, or they would be nauseous vaping at that high of a level, not because the nicotine is somehow damaging.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
Stuck my hand in a guy's chest more than once - into the hole where lung wasn't anymore. Never as gross as you would think but the roughness of cut away rib ends compared to the softness of internal tissue was interesting... but I digress, where are we again - oh yeah, vaping is a killer, not cigs, other smokable plants, or smog. I also saw people drown in their own fluids due to heart failure, usually heavy dudes if they were young, but that's neither here nor there when it comes to sub-ohm dripping with that subtank lol.

Heard it explained by a buddy who treats people with poor lung function. He said the lung has 5 lobes (to start with, but not forever for everyone based on my experience) and people only need around 1/5th of total capacity to function. Screw up 50% and you might never know it depending on your activity level, but get down to where there isn't any reserve left then things get bad fast. OP might have been losing capacity for a long time - if the story is true.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
RippTrippers Cloud Chasing 101 videos come to mind. No mention of safe nic levels. Do you need more or are you done?
More what? I'm not the one tossing up conjecture all over this forum with no basis in fact to back it up. After looking through your post you blame vaping somthing recently picked up as the case of your issue only because it was what you were doing when diagnosed. I mean seriously that is inaccurate and horribly irresponsible. In another thread you post a sun times article(gossip paper) (and the story 100 discredited) about a guy who burnt a hole in his lung with hot vapor and claim it has happend to you as well. So which Is it? Ipf or hole in lung due to hot vapor.

Last edited:

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Further I will say this to your title of being tired of

I am tired of people coming onto this forum and claiming vape causes whatever ails them with absolutely no evidence no proof and no facts to back up their claim. Then attacking those who disagree with them.
To all those who agree hit like to show him I'm not in the minority here

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Did you vape 18mg out of a plumeveil with two coils at .3 on a SMPL? I didn't think so.

18mg at 0.3 ohms ;
assuming 4 volts that's approximately
1000 wattmilligramspermilliliter.

That would be what I call NO WAY; way way way too high.
10 times higher that what I consider the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread