Important Question Please~Keeping Cool In The Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Hi Reonauts, hope all of you are well today.
So I am being summoned to court as a witness next week. For a traffic accident I was involved in. Evidently mr. improper lane changer is contesting his citation.
So I won't get in the courthouse with any vape gear. They would probably think it was a bomb and arrest me. Last time I was there a couple years ago they took a small glass nail file away from me.
Oh yeah, they are serious.
So my only option is to leave my gear in the car. It will be inside a covered parking garage, in the a.m.. But it can still get warm. So I am concerned and want to keep it cool. Any suggestions?
I was thinking of buying a small drink cooler, the kind that holds about a six pack or so, and put one or two of those freezy packs in it.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi Reonauts, hope all of you are well today.
So I am being summoned to court as a witness next week. For a traffic accident I was involved in. Evidently mr. improper lane changer is contesting his citation.
So I won't get in the courthouse with any vape gear. They would probably think it was a bomb and arrest me. Last time I was there a couple years ago they took a small glass nail file away from me.
Oh yeah, they are serious.
So my only option is to leave my gear in the car. It will be inside a covered parking garage, in the a.m.. But it can still get warm. So I am concerned and want to keep it cool. Any suggestions?
I was thinking of buying a small drink cooler, the kind that holds about a six pack or so, and put one or two of those freezy packs in it.

That should work. Or, just bring your batteries inside with you and pop them back in on break. Your liquid will expand if it gets toasty, so just fill your bottles a little less to give room for expansion.

Reactions: keepsmiling

erratum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Kansas City

Exactly what I do. I put the freezer (blue block) pack under a small towel & throw all my vape stuff on top of it. No condensation & I don't get liquid mess city.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I think a small cooler with one pack, then a towel and REO's on top of that would be perfect! It should not get cold enough to impact your batteries.

Just take metal REO's. No wood in the cooler! LOL!

I have left mine outside in a closed car in really hot weather and found some self-feeding when I returned. That and the metal drip tip was way to hot to vape!

For some strange reason the batteries didn't get a second thought. Now I know not to subject them to the high heat.

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
That's what the little pill is for in Underdog's ring.

SHHHH! Don't give away ma secrets!

I could have so much fun with this post...but I will be good.:evil:

:evil: Woods a touchy subject, especially when it comes to hot an cold extremes! Too hot and you get sagginess and too cold you get shrinkage. Wood does best when it's within its "goldilocks zone"! :w00t::evil: Treat your wood good and it'll take care of ya forever!

Sorry I just had to!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
4 years ago, I was a fairly new vaper, and had business at the courthouse in Brevard County, Fl. As I went through security, and put the cig alike I was using at the time in the tray, I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to bring it in, and would have to take it back to my car. Naturally, being a new vaper, and quite proud of myself, I asked: "can people bring in cigarettes and lighters?" The guard said: "Yes they can". So, I asked: "Then why can't I bring in my ecig?" The guard said: "Because the smokers obey the rules, and use the smoking area. The ecig users cheat. So we stopped allowing them".

Reactions: keepsmiling

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I went to a courthouse a little while back, meeting with a judge, and forgot I had a PV in my pocket. I just popped it in the little dish with my wallet when I went through the metal detector, and the guards didn't even blink...

On the other hand, for long-term high heat - that's a great idea.
I've got a little insulated bag-thing. Like a cooler on the inside but sort of canvas on the outside. And I've been throwing a freezer-pack and a gatorade inside, and then popping my Reo in the outside pocket - so it just keeps it from BAKING, without making it COLD. Works fine!
It's been HOT here - like 105 today - and at those temps, it can get uncomfortable to hold (plus, she'll "autosquonk"!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread