• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Importing e-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
Last time I checked there's no issues on bringing over a bunch of e-liquid in your check-in bag, correct? I brought over around 750mLs when I came in last year with no issues and hoping that's the case now.

How about having it shipped through mail what's the latest updates on that? Would it fly under customs if you have a family member or friend ship it to you with discrete labeling? Maybe even take off all the labels on the bottles? I'm talking big quantities (around 500-1000mLs)

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I assume you are talking about Korea? Up till the beginning of this year Korea would allow 20ml duty free. 600won per ml tax after. Apparently that has changed. If customs suspects the liquids you are importing they may ask you for copies of the original invoice. 1000ml of liquid could cost you (1,800w/ml) 1,800,000 won in tax. Unfortunately about the only way to do it now is to import base nicotine and DIY.

So to answer your question, it has never been okay to import more than 20ml either on your person or through the mail. Customs just hasn't been as strict about checking in the past. But with the increase in tax on cigarettes I believe the Korean government will be even more vigilant in collecting tax revenues on e-liquid.

Having said all that, in the 20 years I've been living in Korea I've never once had my bags checked coming through the airport.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Don't take a chance not declaring something which should be when passing through Korean Customs, no matter how long you've "supposedly" lived here.

It's not worth getting "blacklisted" over and then from there on in having your bags checked each and every time.

Just pay the tax. It's a minimal cost considering the consequences of breaking the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread