• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

in AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcar

Dec 17, 2013
North Carolina
Not understanding the question here. If you are in the AF, I assume you guys are going to have amenities far and above what I was used to when I was in the Army. No hex tents and pot belly stoves for you guys.

If it is a question about the juice coming out of the wall, I see no reason why generator power of any sort would be an issue in charging. I don't think a battery charger will care if the electricity is 50hz or 60 hz. Get a travel USB charger that will take 110/220 if you have USB port based charger (like an eGo). Push comes to shove you can stick it in a computer USB to charge and I know you guys have those aplenty. MWR Internet Cafe if nothing else. If you are using a mod that takes the 18650's etc, check your charger and see if it is 110/220 (my cheap assed one that cam with my Kamry K100 is). If the wall outlets are euro style two prong, get a plug adapter from the PX/BX. I am sure they still sell 'em. Find a buddy with a voltage converter or get one at AAFES, or hell, amazon.

Side note, don't fill all your clearos/tanks and bring them on a bird. Maybe the one or two you are going to be using on the flight. I'd grab a couple cheap cartos for the flight and maybe a 5ml bottle to top 'em off. Just bring the juices in the bottles and empty clearos. They tend to burp out juice due to the pressure changes and in an unpressurized baggage hold they will puke their guts into the ziploc bag they are stored in. Found this out on a commercial flight last month. Damn sticky mess in that baggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread