In preparation of Vape Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
I need as little advice on a battery question. I am one of the lucky winners of the Cloud Machine Giveaway ( Thanks ECF and smok )

I do have a few LG HE2's but since the smok Xcube II uses 2 batteries and all of my Mech's only use 1 battery should I get a few more new batteries so I can keep them in pairs or would it be OK to use the ones I have since I did mark them when I got them and some are only 3 months old and I did rotate between them?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Considering the high power rating of that mod, I recommend a set of VTC4's or HB6's. They can handle the up to 25A you could be drawing from them.

You could use those HE2's in a 100W-120W dual parallel mod without problems. Just charge both up in the same charger and they'd be fine. But at up to 80W for each battery you need batteries with ratings higher than 20A. Especially in a series mod where you want to minimize any imbalance between the two batteries. Not running a battery beyond its rating can help ensure this.

Oh...congratulations! :)

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Thanks, Gonna order the HB6's might not last as long as the vtc's but I really like the results you listed for that battery in your tests. But there is no way I will ever go that high in watts doing 25-30w now which is enough for me.

If you're going to be vaping at those power levels I highly recommend the Samsung 30Q or HG LG2. They'll last almost 50% longer between charges than the HB6 will. :)

Daddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 25, 2015
    @Brkdnc

Just an FYI if you are going to use the TFV4 that is included in your prize with the x cube ii you will indeed be vaping around 80 to 120 watts, I'd guess.

I currently have the TFV4 on top of an M80 plus (80 watt box) and it is working "Ok" I would say. When I purchased the TFV4 the shop owner had one on top of an x cube ii and let me play around with it. I found best vapor production and flavor profile around 110 watts. I have tested the lower wattages with my M80 and I don't get much vapor at all at or below 50 watts. 60-70-75 watts gives a wet cool vapor.

This is with the quad coil in the tank and not the RBA. The triple coil that is included in our winning of the contest is cool as hell to look at, but the quad coil out performs it in both flavor and vapor and surprisingly cost. Replacement coils for the triple are around $8 each while the quads are around $5 each at my local shop.

Congratulations on your winning.

Thank you @Mooch for the information.

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2015
    Mad City, WI. USA
    @Brkdnc

Just an FYI if you are going to use the TFV4 that is included in your prize with the x cube ii you will indeed be vaping around 80 to 120 watts, I'd guess.

I currently have the TFV4 on top of an M80 plus (80 watt box) and it is working "Ok" I would say. When I purchased the TFV4 the shop owner had one on top of an x cube ii and let me play around with it. I found best vapor production and flavor profile around 110 watts. I have tested the lower wattages with my M80 and I don't get much vapor at all at or below 50 watts. 60-70-75 watts gives a wet cool vapor.

I ordered a set of the HB6's so I can do some playing with it to see how I like it. I will pick up some of the quad and the Sextuple and a Nickel to try. I will most likely end up using the RBA head most of the time with the tank but you never know after I play with it I might like the coils better than the RBA head :confused:

Reactions: Daddy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread