In search for an all-day workhorse tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
In search for an all-day workhorse tank

I’m searching for a workhorse tank that will replace my Tron-S that was confiscated by my wife and Subtank mini which is a fake product and has quality and reliability issues. I like the Subtank mini when it is working, but because threads on the RBA base are so bad it often happens RBA gets detached. Also tank has misalignment issues.

I was thinking about buying another Tron-S, but I really wish tank capacity was bigger and as much I like the tight draw when the Tron is closed (sometimes I enjoy a nice warm MTL with good throat hit), but fully open it’s just a little too tight. I already own Griffin 25. It’s great, but sometimes it is too much.

I moved to a country where unfortunately vaping is a gray area and offer is not so reach so my choices are little limited. After some search, I found a really nice deal on UD Zephyrus V2. Can this tank work as my workhorse replacing Subtank mini and Tron-S.

Last edited:

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
After watching several very positive reviews I ordered Zephyrus V2 and it arrived on Wednesday. Screwed very tight, but overall whole package was nice. Double set of colored o rings, 4 replacement screws, one 0.3 coil and a Zephyrus V2 tank.

Gave it a nice bath, installed dual SS316L 26gauge 2mm 10 wraps (0.275ohm), filled with some very nice juice and before firs vape I was cleaning the table. I watched many reviews and I knew tank was somewhat difficult to wick, but I really didn't expect this. Luckily I filled the tank just a little. Wicking was made like GrimmGreen is doing, but I probably I didn't tuck enough wick inside the juice channels. Well, I opened the tank, trimmed wick and filled the channels. No leak after refill. Not even a drop. Even no gurgling. Pure joy.

Tank performs as I expect from a workhorse. In the morning I can close airflow and I get nice mouth to lung. Later when I'm in a hurry and when my throat and lung are at working temperature I can open airflow and I get dens vapor with superb taste. Zephyrus V2 is in a completely different league compared to Subtank mini. Taste is more intense, but biggest difference is in airflow which is much smoother. Even compared to Griffin 25 I believe airflow is smoother and taste is better. But I must say I didn't master the Griffin yet. I still use 6-12mg nicotine in my juices and vape with Griffin seems to harsh.

Today I had some time to experiment with wicking and I think I totally figured out how to deal with this tank and wicking. It doesn't really matter if it's wicked GrimmGreen style or if you chose to trim the wick like Trevor Jones does it in his youtube video on Goblin. Main point is not too much wick and after you put on your atomizer hat wick has to be guided to juice holes using a small screwdriver. If you see some wick in juice holes the tank will not leak.

So, mission complete. I have a workhorse tank that tastes great, holds great amount of juice and is easy to service every evening. Yesterday threads on my Subtank mini gave up so tank is unusable and I will buy something else as I want to have 3 tanks in rotation. One workhorse, Griffin for traffic and one more for reserve in just in case. Been thinking about Goblin V2 mini. Seems it's similar to Zephyrus. Great taste, same wicking and in my area it's not expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed_C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread