In search of a tank that isnt crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

acowboyfan

Verified Member
Jul 31, 2013
Euless,Texas
If you are that hung up on the PT being crap it could be because you suck... too hard on the thing. I can make any Kanger BCC perform like crap by not using it right. Including things like trying to suck the life out of it and running it at a way higher voltage or wattage than it's designed to work at. They aren't meant to be drawn on like a McDonald's shake and just because you have an APV that can run them at 4.5 volts doesn't mean it's a good idea either. I can also fix all those crappy problems by not doing that stuff.
Well said !

I've been vaping years and tried a small sample of just about everything made. The rebuildables are nice but they fiddly. (there nice to have around if you want a fast flavor change or you like to tinker a LOT) I found the boge cartomixer dxxl LR on the Vamo mod is un-beatable. The ONLY way to keep a good vape is to replace or rebuild your tank/coil every few days or 10ml used. There's a guy on ebay selling bricks of 50 cartos for around $40 Use em and toss em is the way to go. Just make sure you get a boge F15 or similar tank to use the cartomizers in. You can use em with tout a tank but they suck with out one.

purplebag

Moved On
Feb 27, 2014
AL
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
Kayfuns are the only "tanks" I use now. Anything less is very inefficient when it comes to flavor. Putting premium juice inside clearos like Protanks feels like a crime to me. I use to rave about rewicking and using cotton in clearos but found something MUCH MUCH better. I guess clearos are ok for those who don't want to rebuild, choose or forced to waste money on coil heads, and don't really know what they are missing... but Kayfuns are the pinnacle of vaping tanks.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Kayfuns are the only "tanks" I use now. Anything less is very inefficient when it comes to flavor. Putting premium juice inside clearos like Protanks feels like a crime to me. I use to rave about rewicking and using cotton in clearos but found something MUCH MUCH better. I guess clearos are ok for those who don't want to rebuild, choose to waste money on coil heads, and don't really know what they are missing... but Kayfuns are the pinnacle of vaping tanks.

I'm glad you found something you like. Enjoy--but don't put down other devices. Bad form.

Some people have the time and inclination to wind their own coils, others prefer to buy coils already made for them by somebody else. ;) It's all good. They all work.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Looks like you're getting alot of good advice, but no need to worry, if worse comes to worse we can get Leonard Nimoy in on this, apparantly he did a show about it in the late 70's.

INSEARCHOF Non Crap Ecig Parts.jpg

Devilution2010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
NY, USA
I've really enjoyed my PT3 and aspire nautilus thus far. My PT3 has been running solid the entire time I've had it (since release) as with my nautilus. The nautilus gives great flavor and vape for being a tank but the replacement coils are a bit expensive due to it still being relatively new. The PT3 is nice and sleek and holds a decent amount of juice which will get you through the day if you're not a heavy vaper. The nautilus has a huge 5ml tank which will take you above and beyond that. I will be honest and say I enjoy having the smaller PT3 for a carry around tank as the nautilus is just that big.

I feel both are constructed well although the nautilus tank is quite large and doesn't have much protection in the event of a big drop. That being said, I've dropped my nautilus from a few feet and it landed on a tile floor without incident...no cracks, no dents, no scuffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
PT2 is not crap, period, end of story. Check your o-rings. Make sure your air flow is not obstructed. The only minor leaking issue I have ever had was when the coil is starting to get old and in need of cleaning / replacement.

I don't mean to sound cranky or disrespectful, and it is entirely possible that you have a defective unit. Every company under the sun makes a mistake now and then. If that is the case, return it for a new one. There are plenty of people who have defended the PT2 on these boards, so I am not here to do that, except to say I am among them. There are also many posters who will suggest a carto tank, or an RBA, but that doesn't take into account that you bought a PT2 because you wanted one, not a carto or RBA.

The Iclear 30s is a good clearo, but it is a top coil and has a poly tank, which is iffy with many caustic juices. The Iclear 30b is a bottom feeder like the PT2, and the tank, while also poly, is supposed to stand up to tank breaking liquids. I don't know, I only have the 30s, which is a great clearo.

Try installing a new stock coil. Make sure all the o-rings are in place. Make sure everything is tight. Make sure the air flow to the PT2 is clear, it should have a rather airy draw. Good luck.

ZeroWayCool

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Sunshine Coast Australia
Mate honestly the PT2 and Mini PT2 are still my go out of the house vaping gear and they never let me down. The flooding could also be caused by the flavour wick. Take the atomiser head out and pull the centre top shaft piece of the head (part with gnarls) off and there should be a couple of small wicks on top of the actual coil part) remove them. put the top back on - screw the head back on tightly - if you start getting dry hits because of what you did - flip the little rubber grommit like K702 said and it should be a perfect tank.

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
Kayfuns are the only "tanks" I use now. Anything less is very inefficient when it comes to flavor. Putting premium juice inside clearos like Protanks feels like a crime to me. I use to rave about rewicking and using cotton in clearos but found something MUCH MUCH better. I guess clearos are ok for those who don't want to rebuild, choose or forced to waste money on coil heads, and don't really know what they are missing... but Kayfuns are the pinnacle of vaping tanks.

I'm glad you found something you like. Enjoy--but don't put down other devices. Bad form.

Some people have the time and inclination to wind their own coils, others prefer to buy coils already made for them by somebody else. ;) It's all good. They all work.

Bad form? I'm pretty sure that honesty from experience is appreciated. Did you happen to catch the thread title and read the OP's post? Is that bad form or? Telling people that they cannot knock a product cause it's bad form is really ridiculous... and bad form.

Last edited:

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
For all the complaints I read about the protank I absolutely love my Pt2. It really is a Damn kick ... vape once you understand why it leaks and how to prevent it. 50/50 juices.. flip the little rubber grommet that sits on the post over the atomizer so the walls are facing up. Let the tank sit/ primer puff it a few times before the first hit after filling it. Don't hit it too hard. Don't get juice in the center post when filling. Burp the tank (relieve air pressure) about every 1/3 of a tank possibly more if near empty by opening the bottom as though you were going to fill it, then close it. And if you do happen to get some gurgle hold the tank upside down above you and blow through the drip tip until you hear air flow free. Dab with a vaper towel and viola.

Get other tanks if you really feel the need. But imo you should give the Pt2 another go, it'll treat you right if you do the same to it.

Get yourself an Aerotank base for that PT II, no more having to do all of that. Cost about $6 and worth every penny!!

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
How often would a heavy vaper have to "re-drip" a RDA?

It all depend on the size of your wicks, the ohm load of your coil(s) or how hot they burn, your air holes, how much juice you use to saturate wicks or if there is a well to hold even more etc etc. There are many factors. If your running dual coil.. you have two wicks.... that will hold double the juice. I'm guessing I get about 10 hits on a dual coil Trident between drips. If your wondering how much of a pain dripping might be... it really isn't. Dripping for me is about home use although I do drip at work a lot. I have a metal Innokin juice tank that has a built in needle and a screw on cap. It's perfect for the pocket or on the go dripping.

Razzlematt

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
Prescott AZ
I mustered the courage the other day to pull apart a PT, remove the stock gunked up wicks, burn off the residue from the stock coils and rewick with Qtip cotton. Have now done three. oHms clocked at 2.5 (same as stock)

Best vape I've had in two years. Tons of problems with my PT's previously, now no burn, no gurgle. Just clouds of vapor and tremendous flavor!

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
I mustered the courage the other day to pull apart a PT, remove the stock gunked up wicks, burn off the residue from the stock coils and rewick with Qtip cotton. Have now done three. oHms clocked at 2.5 (same as stock)

Best vape I've had in two years. Tons of problems with my PT's previously, now no burn, no gurgle. Just clouds of vapor and tremendous flavor!

Discovering the dramatic increase in flavor with a cotton wicked protank is a great thing. You'll discover even much more if you go to a Kayfun style tank. Blows a cotton wicked protank away.

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
personally I can't stand any tanks. I gave up on them. I exclusively drip now in a RDA.

I've tried a couple of RBA's at the vape shops. Couldn't stand the heat, had to get out of the kitchen. I just got a couple of Kindey Puncher long barreled unbridged atomizers, now those I can tolerate. I'm gonna have to mix some lower nic juice tho.......Whew, head rush!!

jwoode

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
East Coast
Bad form? I'm pretty sure that honesty from experience is appreciated. Did you happen to catch the thread title and read the OP's post? Is that bad form or? Telling people that they cannot knock a product cause it's bad form is really ridiculous... and bad form.

Too often, people go from criticizing a product for not suiting their needs, to sounding like a commercial for another product. Actual defects occur in anything and are frustrating to be sure. That doesn't make everyone ever made defective.

There is no superior product.

There is the product that suits individual need in function and form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread