Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Bro get any carto tank that has metal end pieces and is the same diameter as your mod with Pyrex, your set. Our for the same price but a kayfan, I'd recommend the kfl or kfl plus Clone, learn how to wrap a coil and your really steeping it up no more money but you will have to spend ten minutes learning how to wrap a coil is not hard. And the results are drastically better.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
The nautilus gives great flavor and vape for being a tank but the replacement coils are a bit expensive due to it still being relatively new.
I feel both are constructed well although the nautilus tank is quite large and doesn't have much protection in the event of a big drop.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cartos are dirt cheap, You might try vape bands, o-rings, rubber bands or hair skrunchies on your tank just for a bit of protection.

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
I've tried a couple of RBA's at the vape shops. Couldn't stand the heat, had to get out of the kitchen. I just got a couple of Kindey Puncher long barreled unbridged atomizers, now those I can tolerate. I'm gonna have to mix some lower nic juice tho.......Whew, head rush!!

Some vape shops are run by show offs that are cloud chasing. they sub ohm, goal being huge clouds of vapor with no consideration to flavor.

Personally both my RDA's are running dual nano coils @ 1.3Ω to 1.8Ω on VV/VW Mods lots of flavor and production and heat can be modified. My wattage is around 16-20 which being dual coil makes it effectively 8 to 10 watt per coil.

Go to a vape meet and talk to people who drip for flavor and not to blot out the sun. If you carry your own drip tip they will probably let you give their rig a whirl for a puff or two.

But for me, outside the house, I grab my AGR+ 19 times out of 20. i might carry a rebuildable also for in the car use on occasion, but the carto tank is what goes in my pocket.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
I was happy with my cotton wicked Protanks too.... until I discovered that the flavor was actually muted compared to kayfun style tanks. If you haven't tried it... you don't know what you're missing, do ya? Kayfuns are not drippers either. They are tank atomizers like a Protank.... except with a superior design that's made specifically for enhancing flavor.

The reason she said BAD FORM, is because you come off as you are right, and everyone else is wrong. This forum is built on we really don't care what you use, as long as you get off the analogs. Your posts are not creating an environment friendly to response.

Sorry for rant.

Bro get any carto tank that has metal end pieces and is the same diameter as your mod with Pyrex, your set. Our for the same price but a kayfan, I'd recommend the kfl or kfl plus Clone, learn how to wrap a coil and your really steeping it up no more money but you will have to spend ten minutes learning how to wrap a coil is not hard. And the results are drastically better.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

It's funny, i have no doubt that this blows doors on my mvp and pro tank yet i'm just not there yet. I quit cigarettes 6 months ago starting with blu, then the vea, then ego with pastic clearos to where i am now. I have a small drawer of stuff that didn't satisfy me. I'm totally interested in the kayfun, cartotanks. The thing is I'm just now working with something that is pretty decent, and I'm kind of hesitant to take on another trial and error process that costs money despite knowing there is something better.

I guess everyone is always going to be at different points. In two months i might look at my current stuff and feel differently. I want to start getting good at coils. It's kind of a skill this vaping lol.

Last edited:

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
Get yourself an Aerotank base for that PT II, no more having to do all of that. Cost about $6 and worth every penny!!

I don't really look at it as "all of that".. really haven't had the problems with flooding/leaks that everyone talks about unless I screw up somehow (get juice in the center post, hit it repeatedly after turning my pv off wondering why I'm not getting vapor) and even at that it's a pretty simple thing to get it working right again. But i have looked at the aerotank base.. if only for the ability to adjust my air flow.

I was happy with my cotton wicked Protanks too.... until I discovered that the flavor was actually muted compared to kayfun style tanks. If you haven't tried it... you don't know what you're missing, do ya? Kayfuns are not drippers either. They are tank atomizers like a Protank.... except with a superior design that's made specifically for enhancing flavor.

The kayfun and russian clones seem to be very hit and miss looking at reviews.. the originals are priced around the same as a pretty good mod. that's about 5 times as much as the pro tank. not to mention the work and knowledge it takes to keep one going as compared the the unscrew/screw in heads and easy quick fill pyrex tank. Be realistic. Flavor might be "insane" but there are plenty of other factors before running out and dropping a chunk of money on something like a kayfun.

jiminsandiego

Jan 9, 2014
CA
I tried everything to make my MPT2 the best it could be. Micro coils, cotton, etc and was pretty darn happy with em. Until I got my KFL+ clone from Ehpro. Absolutely no comparison. Much easier to do coils and wick, holds plenty of juice, 10 times the vapor and the flavor is beyond what I thought was possible. I'm not saying the MPT2 is crap but honestly a side by side comparison was dramatic to say the least. With all the threads about the MPT2 problems and all the great reviews of the KFL+ I suggest trying one as soon as you can.

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
Get yourself an Aerotank base for that PT II, no more having to do all of that. Cost about $6 and worth every penny!!

Gotta agree with that one. New thing comes out spend more money meh... Got a few bases and my protank 2s are still being used. Another one I really like is the AnyVape Davide, it is my go to vape, out the door tank when I don't feel like having to mess with anything. I have a lot of gear to 'play' with but what gets vaped the most is my MVP2 and my AnyVape Davide, cause I can just toss em in my purse and roll. Just find what works best for you, the juice is worth the squeeze.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
This is the sole reason i tried cartotanks. I started with glass dct cartotanks from desertvapes, bought my cartomizers from ibtank. Single coil made all the difference. Now i only buy ibtanks.

As far as clearomizer tanks go.... Good luck, i stopped wasting money on them three months ago.

Seconded! Never had such ease of use from anything other than a carto-tank. But, avoid the DCT Pro coil carto, it's a carto version of a protank, except worse.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
Too often, people go from criticizing a product for not suiting their needs, to sounding like a commercial for another product. Actual defects occur in anything and are frustrating to be sure. That doesn't make everyone ever made defective.

There is no superior product.

There is the product that suits individual need in function and form.

... au contraire...ImageX answered the OP's question appropriately but was attacked for being bluntly honest. You get what you pay for...all those $10-$20 tanks are a very mediocre devise/vape on their best day regardless how you rebuild them. Riding in a log truck beats walking but in no way compares to riding in a Mercedes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread