In search of a tank that isnt crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoode

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
East Coast
... au contraire...ImageX answered the OP's question appropriately but was attacked for being bluntly honest. You get what you pay for...all those $10-$20 tanks are a very mediocre devise/vape on their best day regardless how you rebuild them. Riding in a log truck beats walking but in no way compares to riding in a Mercedes...

I'll remember that next time I see my neighbor waiting for AAA to come tow his Maybach.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
If you want some thing really good get a KFL+ or a Russian 91% If you don't want to rebuild an Aspire Nautilus is not bad but mine floods some time and the coils are to expensive I have a Protank 1 with a cotton wick and a coil I made and it works all most as good as an Aspire Nautilus I had no luck with my pro tank 2 I put it back in the box and it stayed there I also have an Iclear 30 and a 30s top coils burn my lip and there also back in there box,s for good

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I just spent 120 bucks on gear and am about to go back to cigarettes if i dont get this solved soon :( I got a vamo v5 and a kanger protank 2. The vamo is great. the protank2 is a piece of crap. I read several threads on here with lots of people with the same problems of flooding and gurgling. i can get it to work for an hour or two then it will randomly start doing it again because, like i said, it is total crap. I just want to buy a tank that isnt crap. something that can withstand citrus/cinnamon. something that works great out of the box without ghetto rigging. something that doesnt start being crap in a few days or weeks down the road. something with cheap heads or whatever it needs to keep not being crap. something that will work on my vamo v5. and preferably something larger like a 5ml if possible but not required. any ideas?

If you can get a pack of v-nanos, you might like those; a needlebottle would be best to have to refill them.

They only hold a mililiter or 2 but because of the small size the cartomizer type design you are not going to get leaking.
good for getting away from the cigarettes

Saganite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Fort Collins, CO, USA
+1 for IBTanked Carto-tanks. They're not quite as easy to use as clearomizer tanks, but in my opinion offer much better flavor and last forever (or until you run over them with a car). When I made the switch, I used this incredibly helpful post from Baditude (Cartotanks for Noobs) to walk me through it and had no problems whatsoever. For a while it was all I used and I still use them every single day. In fact, I haven't use a clearomizer style tank since I started using them because the experience is so superior IMO.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
This is the sole reason i tried cartotanks. I started with glass dct cartotanks from desertvapes, bought my cartomizers from ibtank. Single coil made all the difference. Now i only buy ibtanks.

As far as clearomizer tanks go.... Good luck, i stopped wasting money on them three months ago.

I TOTALLY 100% agree with this comment!!! I had NOTHING but problems with bottom coil tanks. I switched to SINGLE coil Carto Tanks and I've been so much happier than I'd ever imagined. I don't have the ibtank, but a lot of people do. I actually only spent $10 on my tank, it's the smoktech udct and I'm in love with it! Great flavor, never a dry or burnt flavor, it's been life changing.

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
The reason she said BAD FORM, is because you come off as you are right, and everyone else is wrong. This forum is built on we really don't care what you use, as long as you get off the analogs. Your posts are not creating an environment friendly to response.

Sorry for rant.

I certainly hope my post came off as me being right. It's a fact that most all Kayfun users will attest to. When it comes to flavor..... clearos are FAR inferior to a kayfun style tank. The OP asked and I, as a contributing member, helped him. THAT is what forums are built on. Not holding hands and singing Kumbaya around the campfire. Thanks though.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
I certainly hope my post came off as me being right. It's a fact that most all Kayfun users will attest to. When it comes to flavor..... clearos are FAR inferior to a kayfun style tank. The OP asked and I, as a contributing member, helped him. THAT is what forums are built on. Not holding hands and singing Kumbaya around the campfire. Thanks though.

So, unless newbs have a ton of money, and have good eyes, technically savvy, and they don't have movement disorders like myself, they shouldn't be vaping? You're that superior to the human race? That model has its problems too, but I can't cut little bits of wire, sting wicks ,etc. RBA's not in near future, and I don't plan to vape forever (not even a year if I an help it). I don't expect everyone to agree with that, as I expect everyone is not living on disability like myself, or do you wish your tax dollars spent on kayfuns, Russians, and provaris? When I get my needs met elsewhere? You must be young, because wisdom is tolerance.

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
Interesting. I appreciate the information, but you could maybe share that in a less abrasive way. For every person that swears by one product you will find another that says it's no good. It's the internet . In fact, when someone says get this because everthing else is cheap junk, i'm far less likely to listen to them.

Edit: Just watched the pbusardo review of the kayfun. Sounds good but i'm maybe not at the coil building phase yet. I'll keep it in mind though.

It's not hard but I only mentioned flavor in regards to kayfun because I know some people will not want to wrap coils. For those people, the protank IS better. That goes without saying. People(in general)sometimes get defensive though when they don't even know anything about a product that someone is saying is better. It's just like the people who attack provari and provari owners when they have never even used or held one theirselves. How can their argument hold any water whatsoever if they simply don't know better? They should listen to those who have experience with all products in question.

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
So, unless newbs have a ton of money, and have good eyes, technically savvy, and they don't have movement disorders like myself, they shouldn't be vaping? You're that superior to the human race? That model has its problems too, but I can't cut little bits of wire, sting wicks ,etc. RBA's not in near future, and I don't plan to vape forever (not even a year if I an help it). I don't expect everyone to agree with that, as I expect everyone is not living on disability like myself, or do you wish your tax dollars spent on kayfuns, Russians, and provaris? When I get my needs met elsewhere? You must be young, because wisdom is tolerance.

I spent $20 on each of my kayfun style tanks. How much did you pay for your protank that you undoubtedly own? One is clearly a better bargain than the other but no need to answer! The OP asked about tanks that aren't crap(he was referring to protanks). I am sorry that, with all your "wisdom", you still cannot grasp the context of this thread. If you would like to try though.... buy this or any of the many similar ones there and then send it to me. I will set it up for you and send it back. Then, you too can enjoy a superior vape.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10006473/1559100-kayfun-v3-1-es-styled-rebuildable-atomizer-4-5ml

Last edited:

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
The OP doesn't like protanks and wants something better.

Let's stop defending protanks in this thread because it's as close to flogging a dead horse as setting about a deceased pony with a bullwhip.

Myself and others in this thread have suggested products that represent a marked step up in atomiser and vape quality.
Recommending another mediocre product seen on the shelf of the local vape shop sitting right next to the protank isn't exactly helpful. No offence intended.

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
I have tried two Vivi Novas and both have been crap. I would go with the iClear 30s. Do not go with the 30b as it is also a piece of crap. I have an Aerotank that seems to work pretty well.

The price of the non-rebuildable coils for the 30s is obscene. The tank gives a reasonable vape but I wouldn't say it's much of a step up from the protank, more of a sidestep.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I order my 30s coils from FT for $8.94 for 5. Have had no troubles with them. It is definitely a step up from a Protank 1. I have an Aerotank and I would agree that it is a very good tank. Vaping with it now. Problem with tanks is that they are very subjective. Depends on the draw, how easy it is to fill, the drip tip they come with, etc. And we all have different takes on that. I am currently trying to get off all tanks that you need to buy coils for. Switching to RBAs. Better vaping and you can set it up any way that you want.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I have not tried most of the tanks mentioned in this thread. I still consider myself inexperienced when it comes to tanks.

I can tell you one thing though. These IBTanked carto tanks are fantastic. I know quality when I see it and these are very well made. Built to tight tolerances. The flavor and vapor are very good to excellent and once you get them set up they are virtually worry free.

I can't speak for tanks like the Kayfun, Protank 2, etc but if you want quality, consistancy, and reliability, you can't go wrong with an IBTanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread