RDA In the Pursuit of Flavor - RDAs that build on the Magma design

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I run my 10 wrap 3mm 26g 1.3 ohm cotton wicked single coil directly over one air hole and plug the other hole Lancia style with an old bottom pin from a used Aspire BVC coil. I wrap a tiny piece of aluminum foil around the BVC pin to get a snug fit. Metal plug works better than cotton plug method, as the cotton can become saturated with juice and spoil things when you want to change flavors. Prefer the Holmes now over my Magma because the flavor is similar and the Holmes holds more juice and is more leak proof. With plugged second hole you can drip through top cap with little risk of leaking.

flippant

Dec 14, 2014
An Island
A few contributions...

Got my hands on an Achilles clone and the flavor is eeeeeexcellent. It's a bit of a trick getting it to work to your liking as the airflow is fixed (I'm quite happy with a 1.8ohm coil running at 6v for 20w). As such, it'll never be an enjoyable rda for a pure lung-hitter, but if you're a mouth-to-lung guy it's pretty danged awesome (not really my bag, but I can dig it). Plus, it's titanium, so it's super light, and it's got that Holmes/Yaeliq thing where the air comes in from a post under the coil so it's leak "proof". Worth a look if you prefer a hiiighly restricted draw.

As well, Chels of Mini-Ecig just released his Minidrip (22mm) and Microdrip (16mm). They work the same way as the Holmes/Achilles/Yaeliq, so I'll venture to say that they'll produce wicked flavor, be basically leak proof, yada yada. Difference here is that the genuine article is thirty or twenty dollars, respectively. No need to even clone it, haha! Just ordered the Microdrip since I've got a Microstick on the way and my lady's still attached to my Mini Yaeliq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread