In your opinion, is Vaping considered Smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
My main point was that eCigs do NOT produce Water Vapor, but instead produce glycol vapor. I guess I should have said that while I agree e-Cigs do not produce "smoke" I do NOT agree that it is just "water vapor"...it is not H2O and thus is not water anything.

But since you guys want to split hairs ;) I decided to hit up Dictionary.com and look up both words:

smoke
[smohk] noun, verb: smoked, smok·ing.
noun
the visible vapor and gases given off by a burning or smoldering substance, especially the gray, brown, or blackish mixture of gases and suspended carbon particles resulting from the combustion of wood, peat, coal, or other organic matter.
something resembling this, as vapor or mist, flying particles, etc.

va·por
[vey-per]
noun
a visible exhalation, as fog, mist, steam, smoke, or noxious gas, diffused through or suspended in the air: the vapors rising from the bogs.

Both words use each other in their respective definitions. In addition to this, actual water vapor coming from a car's tail pipe caused by busted freeze plugs, or heads is also often called smoke even though it is in fact water vapor/steam. I think often times people use these words at times when the other one would be more accurate, even though there are times that both could apply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread