Inawera- a few reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief63

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Oklahoma, United States
What % did you try it at?I just got a bottle of it today,so not sure where to try it at,i made a sample at 2%,but haven't tried it yet.

I tried 3% to test it out. Nice flavor. I read somewhere 3% solo, 1% with tobaccos. I have a couple recipes with FA Catalina Cream I like, but the cinn spice irritates my throat a bit so I always have to use less than called for. The INW Creme Brulee seems similar, but creamier with a little less spice.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Finally tried the Dark for Pipe mix that I made. Really like it! It's smooth [emoji2] I had put a tiny bit of caramel in it.
Dark for Pipe 5%
Caramel (TFA) 2%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Rachel

Last edited:

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Finally tried the Dark for Pipe mix that I made. Really like it! It's smooth [emoji2] I had put a tiny bit of caramel in it.
Dark for Pipe 5%
Caramel (TFA) 2%

Rachel
Is that Caramel Original or Caramel Candy?

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Working on my Waffle recipe. CANNOT get over the waffle flavoring. I'm normally a tobacco guy but man, I've hardly hit anything but waffle the past few days. But I'm revising my recipe...

Sloffle V2
INW Waffle 1.25% (down from 1.75%)
FA Caramel 1.5% (up from 1%)
FA Vienna Cream .75% (up from .5%)
INW Coconut .5% (new to the mix)

The waffle flavoring is very strong, and especially after some heat steeping and a couple days under its belt, it was way overpowering. It's such a dead on flavor but IMO needs a rough edge taken off of it to be more enjoyable. I mixed 20ml of V2 last night, loaded up a squonk bottle this morning and the rest of the 20ml is in the croc pot now. I still taste the waffle very well, and it seems to have significantly less of a "rough" edge - the vienna cream and coconut mingle together to create a nice sweetness which helps to round it out. The coconut is very nice with this recipe and I think it's here to stay but I do love INW Coconut. Depending on how it steeps, I may knock it back to say .3% but even as is this is really good and I think a big upgrade over V1.

Inawera is by far my favorite flavoring vendor I've used to be honest. They are so spot on, and utterly delicious and potent. FA is a nice mixer but if my life depended on it I'd vape Waffle and Dark for Pipe solo for the rest of eternity and be quite pleased about it.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Sloth really got something started with the Dark for Pipe. Has turned into one of my fave tobaccos next to my mixes that have Rustica TA added (not an INW flavor) Next experiment is Dark for Pipe with a touch of my beloved Rustica TA added to it [emoji6]

Rachel

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Anybody used Black Cat for Pipe?

A friend of mine, who by the way really loves her tobacco vapes, said this about the Black Cat to me:

I mixed some on 2-26-16 at 5% and tried it after a week. It tasted like cough medicine with a very bitter aftertaste. Tried it again today. I figured it must be good by now. It is still kinda bitter and cough syrup like. I wouldn't use it as a standalone and a tobacco flavour that is not good as a standalone is definitely a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't really taste like a tobacco at all. The fruit is very prominent and overpowering. Unless it improves a lot with more steeping, I wouldn't recommend it. It might do well in a mix IDK. I thought about diluting it to get it down to about 3% but since I don't taste any tobacco at this percentage, it will probably just taste like forest fruit at a lower percentage. This is my personal subjective opinion of course, other people might absolutely love it. I'm waiting for some more feedback from others to find out if it is just me, or if this flavour just really sucks.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I mixed some today @ 2%. Hitting it fresh it's pretty good. It does have a slight cough syrupy thing going on to me, reminiscent of Black Cherry for Pipe but I'm interested to see how it develops. I taste a prominent blueberry (with another-fruity-tangy-ness, I think I'm picking up on what your friend means by forest fruit) and a mild tobacco.

ETA it's very strong, IMO 5% would be too much maybe making the cough syrup flavor more prominent

mechanism

Jan 6, 2013
UK
I mixed some Black Cat for Pipe 2 days ago, I used 6 drops from the tiny IW dropper, 1% DNB and I always mix my liquids with 100% VG. I've been a Hangsen tobacco vaper for the last 3-4 years and I've branched out and tried mixing about 10 IW tobacco flavours during the last month. Black Cat for Pipe is the one I liked the most right from the day of mixing. On a taste test I could have drunk Black Cat for Pipe straight (haha joking, I must like cough syrup!).

I do very much like the taste of blueberries and blackberries in a tobacco juice and weirdly I dislike forest fruits, that's one flavour (a Flavourart one) I ditched a couple of years ago (though likely I mixed it way too strong at the time and now I regret ditching it!). The blueberry flavoured tobacco taste is coming through strongly for me in Black Cat.

I'll be very interested to find out how the Black Cat matures. This is my first post in this thread, hello all :)

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I do very much like the taste of blueberries and blackberries in a tobacco juice and weirdly

I also like blueberry tobacco, but I am looking for another fruit that can add some sweetness. Black berry might do the job. Any other ideas? I have used dragon fruit and raspberry with mixed results.

mechanism

Jan 6, 2013
UK
I also like blueberry tobacco, but I am looking for another fruit that can add some sweetness. Black berry might do the job. Any other ideas? I have used dragon fruit and raspberry with mixed results.

Hangsen Greengage turned out to be a good one for me, though it took a lot of steeping time - I wasn't keen on first mixing.

I tend to stick with blackberry flavours for my fruit additives, I've tried Hangsen, Flavourart, PA and Seedman blackberry and my favourite one is definitely the Seedman blackberry, though I quite like them all. I have yet to try the Inawera blackberry (if there is one, I imagine there is).

I went through a phase a couple of years ago when I went mad on Capella's raspberry flavour and their Chocolate raspberry. Unusually, I went a few weeks without tobaccos as my ADVs, I enjoyed those flavours so much - temporarily. I tried them again recently, but I found them almost completely unpalatable. It seems like my tastes changed and changed over and over during the last few years and the amount of flavouring I use has decreased really dramatically over time too. It took my sense of taste a long time to return fully after quitting smoking.

Something that often surprises me is how the taste of a liquid on the tongue can be so very different from vaping it. Strange things those sense receptors!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
This is my first post in this thread, hello all :)
Welcome Mechanism, this thread goes quiet on and off, but there's a lot of gems here and there. It's nice to have other peoples opinions.

I am looking for another fruit that can add some sweetness. Any other ideas?
I've been playing with Mango, and Peach.
The problem is, there are so many different "tobacco'" flavors.
Some are a good backup for fruit, and others not so much, using the same fruit.
I do find the fruits go best with a tobacco that leans to the sweet side.
Still playing :cry:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I've been playing with Mango, and Peach.
The problem is, there are so many different "tobacco'" flavors.
Some are a good backup for fruit, and others not so much, using the same fruit.
I do find the fruits go best with a tobacco that leans to the sweet side.
Still playing :cry:

I know what you mean with different tobaccos going with different fruits. I use 7Leaves ultimate exclusively; it has a fruity taste to begin with. Another candidate for fruity tobacco is to add plum flavor. White Peach from FA is excellent by itself but I haven't found any tobacco to go with it.

mechanism

Jan 6, 2013
UK
Welcome Mechanism, this thread goes quiet on and off, but there's a lot of gems here and there. It's nice to have other peoples opinions.

Thanks, I tend to hang out in the Hangsen thread and the Tobacco thread, though I don't often have all that much to add and mostly I just read.

I mix the fruit liquids up on their own and drip them occasionally over tobaccos. I must be a lazy DIY person not to create delicious recipes like some members of this forum do... I spend most of my time rewicking my drippers, I'm pretty intolerant of wicks that get old (and I do use rayon!).

I forgot to mention that I also like apple flavours quite a lot, especially green apple.

I tried the Inawera Smoke and Prunes ages ago and couldn't get along with it, which was the main reason why it took me so long to try any other Inawera flavours. I cut it twice in case I disliked it just because I mixed it too strong but no, it still doesn't appeal to me. I wonder if there's something that I could add to it that would make it taste a bit less musty.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Thanks, I tend to hang out in the Hangsen thread. I mix the fruit liquids up on their own and drip them occasionally over tobaccos.
I forgot to mention that I also like apple flavours quite a lot, especially green apple.

I tried the Inawera Smoke and Prunes ages ago and couldn't get along with it I wonder if there's something that I could add to it that would make it taste a bit less musty.
Yup, I'm a HS lover.
Apple is great .... if you think of "pipe" flavors, the apple, cherry, etc. work for us too.
I don't drip ... I squonk :p ... Don't want to carry a bottle around, and continuously be dripping.... messy messy, and to much trouble :(
On the INW Smoke and Prunes .. it went down the drain :cry:
The only INW I have that I haven't tried yet, is the "Shisha Tobacco Drop". I mixed a test bottle up over a month ago, just haven't got around to trying it yet.
I do use the Gold Ducat off and on, but when it comes to tobacco flavors, INW is pretty much out of the picture for me ... yuk
I see your from the UK, so things are probably a little different over there, than here, as far as what you can get your hands on, maybe even how you vape ... don't know :yawn:

Funny thing is .. not much tastes like you expect it too when it comes to mixing flavoring and vaping. You can't count on it like you can mixing foods.
I've even thought about trying pineapple ... you know, things that you normally wouldn't think about.
Mainly because the flavoring vary so much, even company to company, then you throw in the nic which changes it again, and sometimes your in for a surprise. :w00t:
It's a never ending "hobby" :p

mechanism

Jan 6, 2013
UK
I do use the Gold Ducat off and on, but when it comes to tobacco flavors, INW is pretty much out of the picture for me ... yuk
I see your from the UK, so things are probably a little different over there, than here, as far as what you can get your hands on, maybe even how you vape ... don't know

My fave thing from INW is the DNB, I love the stuff, also the absolutes which I add to many things. I used to use TPA absolute and still have quite a bit of it left, but the INW ones are just so easy to add I tend to use those instead.

I like Gold Ducat, also off and on. I hated it at first, but a few weeks later I found it an enjoyable vape when I'm in the mood for something thick and rich tasting (I should probably cut it really, though I don't use much flavouring in my mixes the INW ones are so very strong!).

I heard of squonking on another forum, heheh... I use a Genny for out and about, mainly for when I'm driving and dripping doesn't work too well :) But for me nothing comes close to dripping, I love it and I've tried many things.

I find it pretty easy to get the INW, lots of suppliers here in the UK and the things they don't sell get here from Poland double quick. The Hangsen tobaccos that are my ADVs are impossible to get here and now Hangsen EU has closed down I have to order them from the US, but it's not so bad as it's just 2 or 3 HS flavours so an order every couple of months does it for me.

The INW tobaccos I really like the most are the Dark for Pipe, Black for Pipe, Black Jack and I think I'll be adding Black Cat to that list. Though they won't replace my Hangsen ADVs, they're great for me for changing flavours for a while, mainly in the evenings when I find I can't taste my Hangsen Indian and Magic Mix liquids because I've been using them all day.

I've tried pineapple and I think I don't like it, though I haven't tried it in a mix. It's too heavy a flavour for me and the ones I've tried have tasted too chemical or artificial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread