In'Ax MkiiR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Had one of these sitting around for a while. Its not an authentic one, but is a clone from fastech.

When i first got it I tried to put a build on it but the small grip sticks that fix the coil top wire to the center post were far too big, so couldn't attach the coil at all. Plus they were all the same size and not the different sizes for different gauge wires. Bummer! Been trying to get fasttech to sort it out ever since.

Anyway, yesterday i decided to have another shot at getting a build on this atty.

Built myself a wick of mesh with a wick inside a wick if you see what i mean! A small thin wick of 20mm X 10 mm 200 gauge rolled and slipped inside another wick of the 400 gauge mesh, so it was a tight fit, as per the Korean Gent that does videos about gennys, Kim something i think it is. He knows his stuff!

Went through my wire stock and found that 28 gauge and a bit of force worked and i managed to get the grip stick to hold the wire on the center post OK eventually. I think I may well purchase the threaded center post they have now.

A 3/4 wrap got me .58 ohms a bit less than i wanted but that's OK for now. This has to be one of the easiest tanks i have ever coiled, nothing in the way at all, and because of that you can get coils built that don't need a lot of prodding and poking, just good neat coils and a few slight pokes and this one was glowing nicely as it should.

Filled her up, and vaped on it for a while. The flavor, from this tiny tank is at least as good as my Nextiny, or any other Genny i have, and it wicks like a champ.

The only problem i have with it now, is that the center post is a tad loose, and will spin if you are not careful. Also it sinks into the 510 too far, so I am not going to try this on a mech mod yet until I sort that out.

Was a bit cheesed off with this, so went on the net and found a site that does the spares kit for the authentic and ordered my self that. From the posts I have read on the fasttech forums that cures all these niggling problems with the clone, and although the spares cost more than the complete clone! its worth doing to at least turn it into a good usable tank.

fdXzwUB.jpg

As always, I will use it for a while and if i still thinks its great, will look at getting the original, but those are not available again at the moment.

So....so far its wicking great, no leaks even held upside down to see if it would leak, and has superb flavor, used it all day yesterday and this morning, and it only sips juice also, not drinks it like some of my tanks, so two refills yesterday and another this morning and its still doing good for me. Vaping it at just 3.7 volts, or 23.6 watts.

The clone tank is worth getting if you want to try one of these Gennys out, Its less than £10 shipped, and the threads etc, are excellent. Hopefully the spares kit will indeed sort the niggles out and then it will be a superb Genisis tank, as i have read so many places on the net.

If you want to take a look at the one i got, give me a shout and i will send you the link as i am not sure if i am allowed to link to a clone from here. If i can i will add the link later.

Reactions: Tagi

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Wont be worrying about this one any more now anyway... Dropped it somewhere later this morning when i took Jasper our Dog for his walk, and while he was sniffing every bush and blade of grass, i was tooting away on it as I do, and when ready to come home put it back in my bag. Got home went to get it out and it already was out, somewhere where we walked this morning. Cant find it where i thought i was so its a goner. Anyway not to worry, gives me an incentive to save for a real one instead of a rip off. The 350 mod i had it on is also out there in the great beyond somewhere.

Everything happens for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread