Indiana Call to Action: Multiple Indiana bills would threaten access to and use of e-cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
My senator, Tomes, voted against and responded to my email.
My gerrymandered house rep, Washburne, voted for it and never responded.
Ron Bacon, a neighboring house rep and durable medical equipment supplier owner voted for it. He was a co-author and has also spoken in favor of taxes on liquid and devices, ..."because we don't know". He sells oxygen to COPD patients! Does that tell you where his priorities are?

Last edited:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I emailed my supplier Wizard Labs, I just got off the phone with a Rep who called me. Talked to the Rep for about 20-30 minutes and he told me as of right now the law does not effect Wizard labs selling supplies to Indiana. The way they read the law, it only effects companies who make and sell ready-made juice not supplies used to make juice. He also told me until this new law is tested in court no one will really know its true meaning.

I was told until their lawyers tell them to stop selliing supplies to Indiana, they will still sell DIY supplies to customers in Indiana.

Awesome news! I order from Wizard Labs. The only vendor I've contacted is Nicoticket and they won't be selling to Indiana come July 15 or whatever the date is. I can still get my hands on Nicoticket juices after July it's just going to be pain in the .... to do so.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Every 2 Minutes in this Country, someone is Diagnosed with Lung Cancer.

And the Single Greatest way to Prevent Lung Cancer is to Stop Smoking.

I believe that in all the Hype and Taxes and Political Pestering that a Simple Fact is Lost. That using an e-Cigarettes has been shown to get people Off cigarettes. Period.

I understand the Allure of Easy Tax Revenue for Law Makers. And I would Never want to see e-Cigarettes Sold to Minors. But there is a Point when Regulations are going to do More Harm than Good. I believe that Indiana is going down that Road.

I think what you've stated will be what eventually makes the house of cards fall for all these politicians seeing dollar signs and the ANTZ who are lying in order to control smokers/vapers. Truth is persistent because it's true so it can't remain hidden forever.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think what you've stated will be what eventually makes the house of cards fall for all these politicians seeing dollar signs and the ANTZ who are lying in order to control smokers/vapers. Truth is persistent because it's true so it can't remain hidden forever.

I think so Also.

But I Know that the Game Plan is to Implement as many Taxes, Regulations and Restrictions as Possible BEFORE that day comes.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
No they are just taking all the revenue from many and giving it to ONE BIG COMPANY who will be the only juice supplier suppling mom/pop tobacco stores. Thats called a monopoly in my book and I thought that was against the law.

This company funded the legislation that was past(or should I say filled CROCKED POLITICAINS pockets.)

I would love love love to learn as much as I/we can about this company and then do something about them. I really mean this. I'm all up for boycotting or anything we can do to make people aware of what this company is all about.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
You actually have 10 liters of 100mg strength consentrate? Didn't know you could by 100mg in liters the largerest bottle my supplier sells is 500ml which is 16.9 ounces or 1/2 a liter. That would take up allot of room, same as haveing 5- 2 liter bottles of Coke.

My first batch I bought from wizard labs in 4 500ML bottles, almost a year and a half ago, still using it now. I also bought the equivalent in nude nicotine, the nude armor stuff, in 125ML bottles just so I wouldn't have to rebottle it. Then in January and February I bought 4 liters from My freedom smokes, and 2 liters of vaper's tek Nic, I also restocked some more of the wizard labs nic to replace what I had used, so it might be slightly more than 10 liters. I must add that I have rebottled all the nicotine in 50 and 100 ML bottles and purged out the oxygen with argon, before wrapping everything in aluminum foil, then food service film, then in boxes before putting them in the freezer. Might be kind of over kill, but I want it to last a long time.

Sorry about the long explanation but you did ask. :)

KAS

Reactions: pennysmalls

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Thanks Zoidman, Hoosier Vapers mentioned the suit on their FB page but didn't give any details.
I bought my analogs across the bridge because of obscene Indiana taxes for years. I don't know what they are thinking.

Edit: I lied, You don't even have to go over the bridge, because KY straddles the river here. We have 2 KY smoke shops that our B&M's could probably move to on this side of the river. It will be interesting to see what KY does.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
Awesome news! I order from Wizard Labs. The only vendor I've contacted is Nicoticket and they won't be selling to Indiana come July 15 or whatever the date is. I can still get my hands on Nicoticket juices after July it's just going to be pain in the .... to do so.

Wizard labs do not sell juice they only sell products to DIY juice. That is the differance the Rep told me. But just to be safe I think before July I will order enough Nicotine to last me for a while.

500ml of 60mg Nic at current use will last me a approx 8 years. Cut the 60mg in half and I'll have 1,000ml of 30mg. I vape 5mg juice and use approx 2 ml per day. That figures out to vaping 60ml a month and I use 10ml of 30mg Nic to make 60 ml of juice. So 1,000ml of 30mg Nic will last me 100 months or 8.33 years.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
Edit: I lied, You don't even have to go over the bridge, because KY straddles the river here. We have 2 KY smoke shops that our B&M's could probably move to on this side of the river. It will be interesting to see what KY does.

LMAO at the thought I had when I read your post.

Maybe Indiana will put up a check point on the bridge to check for ILLEGAL E-JUICE, you know like US border check points where they check for drugs smuggled from Mexico.

Wonder if any that voted YES will be back peddleing come election time. Once this gets out full blown into the Public's attention I think they will change their minds. People like my wife who HATES Cig Smoke but has no problem with vaping. Voters like her may wonder what the HELL our legislators was doing when they voted for this law.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The lawsuit that is making rounds on social media is by a single owner who has hired a non-group lawyer. While we wish them the best of luck in their suit, it isn't ours so we don't have anymore details than anyone else does.

We have been talking to a law firm that has experience with fighting regulations and laws for a few months. We will not disclose details until our lawsuits are filed.

There is a huge question as to how the ATV creates regulation and enforcement guidelines. Since they have until December to do so, we will probably hold off on filing until regulations are published. (so we have proper standing as an injured party)

We continue to work against the law and those that voted for it.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
The lawsuit that is making rounds on social media is by a single owner who has hired a non-group lawyer. While we wish them the best of luck in their suit, it isn't ours so we don't have anymore details than anyone else does.

Seems odd to me that you wouldn't share the information you do know. I thought we were all in this together....

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Troutman is the lawyer. The shop owner has 4 stores in Kentucky and 1 in Clarksville Indiana.

Cannot recall the shop owners name. We've never met. He wasn't at any of the rallies. Other shop owners have said they reached out to him with information about what was going on and were ignored. He never donated to the fight.

We found out about the suit in the evening just preceding the filing. I do not have a copy of the filed documents.

Not sure what you think I know that I haven't said. Nothing above this sentence is relevant to the lawsuit.

I know HB 1432 and SB 539 were written by lobbyists hired by Monument Vapor. I know portions of discussions among shop owners, in a private setting, were relayed, verbatim, to Sen. Yoder and Rep. Mahan. I'm not really sure everyone is on the same side.

The owner in Clarksville probably spent his time and effort fightin the anti-vaping stuff in KY. He may be successful enough that he can fund the suit in federal court. Guess we'll find out as things move along.

Reactions: baseballmom

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
F
I hesitate to post what I know of James Gregory Troutman. (he is not part of a group of lawyers, a one man shop kinda' thing)

Uh oh, just a cursory glance at him through google has me cringing. To bad it's not the Troutman firm that was at the SFATA conference.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread