Indiana Call to Action - Stop the Monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Evan McMahon posted a video update and I don't know how to share videos or know if that's even allowed. He stated the meeting today went really well and repeated mostly what's in the quote just above this post. He also stated the judge seems to be a good judge in that she wants as much information as possible but because this will all take more time her decision will most likely not be given until right about the June 30th deadline (the deadline for vape shops to be compliant with regulations they can't meet).

So while this is really taking things down to the wire time wise it sounds like the judge is going to take her time and give this her full attention/time. That's the best we can ask of her.

To share a video, just grab the link and paste it into the post reply box.

Reactions: pennysmalls

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
More from Hoosier Vapers..

Here's a copy of the brief we filed Friday on our motion for a Preliminary Injunction in Hoosier Vapers v Indiana: http://bit.ly/1UsFk16

You can also read the Appendix to see the back and forth email exchange between the Hoosier Vapers Chairman and ATC's legal council. The Appendix also includes a copy of the ATC deposition from the federal lawsuit (a very interesting read).

And here is the link, a must read....Dropbox - Appendix [File-marked 04-29-2016].pdf

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
It's very interesting to note that the attorney representing the security firm in this monopoly scandal used to work for the ATC. Apparently she was the prosecutor for administrative violations for the Alchohol and tobacco Commission. So she has intimate knowledge of ATC procedures. Nope doesn't look crooked at all. :facepalm:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Another update from Hoosier Vapers.

On Friday May 20th, Hoosier Vapers submitted our final reply on our motion for a Preliminary Injunction. So, it's in the judge's hands now. We expect a ruling on it by June 30th. The lawsuit, either way, will be moving forward.

We are currently looking at how and when the recent FDA regs will preempt, or override, Indiana's law.

We've created a Dropbox folder with all the documents filed in this case. We will continue to add files to this folder as we move forward. The files... are numbered in order.

Here's a key to understand who filed what:

Filed by Hoosier Vapers: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 13.
Filed by the State: 2, 7, 8, 9.
Filed by Indiana Vapor Company and Crown Liquors: 10 and 11.

Dropbox - Hoosier Vapers Lawsuit

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's about the creepiest, croniest vaping legislation in the country, to date.

Crony Legislation has always Annoyed me. And perhaps it is done So Much that people have become Desensitized to it?

But Do You What REALY Pisses Me Off?

And that is when there are about 400,000 People dying a Year (every Year) from Smoking, and you have Pin Headed ...... writing Legislation that Restricts e-Cigarettes to the point of Absurdity. And for What?

For Money?
For Personal Political Goals?
Cause they just Get Off on Control?

Just makes me Sick.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
And that is when there are about 400,000 People dying a Year (every Year) from Smoking, and you have Pin Headed ...... writing Legislation that Restricts e-Cigarettes to the point of Absurdity. And for What?
Funny how that number has stagnated for years...... Even though the smoking rate decreases significantly and the never smoker rate increases yearly. :facepalm:

I have seen the number '480,000 deaths a year from smoking' since joining the forum.....

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Two days ago, all six of the Indiana E-liquid Manufacturing permit holders filed an 11th hour motion asking to intervene in our preliminary injunction proceedings and in the federal lawsuit. They are specifically asking the judge to require Hoosier Vapers to pay a bond to cover any loses they may incur if we win the preliminary injunction (and they are no longer the only manufacturers). The permit holders are being represented by the same lawyers that filed the amicus briefs on behalf of Indiana Vapor Company and Crown Liquors.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Two days ago, all six of the Indiana E-liquid Manufacturing permit holders filed an 11th hour motion asking to intervene in our preliminary injunction proceedings and in the federal lawsuit. They are specifically asking the judge to require Hoosier Vapers to pay a bond to cover any loses they may incur if we win the preliminary injunction (and they are no longer the only manufacturers). The permit holders are being represented by the same lawyers that filed the amicus briefs on behalf of Indiana Vapor Company and Crown Liquors.
The total lack of shame boggles the mind.
:confused:
Mike

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
As a board member of the Hoosier Vapers, Inc, I cannot comment on pending litigation. I can only present facts entered into the court record.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to, but legal team has strongly advised against doing so.

Thought folks here would like to know some new news though.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana

I need names Hoosier!

I hope you, the owners or employees of these six permit holders, are reading this. You six are going down in vape history as central members of the anti vape machine here in Indiana. I will do everything in my power to shout far and wide that you six are to be boycotted by vapers not only in Indiana but worldwide. I hope any vaper reading this does the same.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I need names Hoosier!

I hope you, the owners or employees of these six permit holders, are reading this. You six are going down in vape history as central members of the anti vape machine here in Indiana. I will do everything in my power to shout far and wide that you six are to be boycotted by vapers not only in Indiana but worldwide. I hope any vaper reading this does the same.
The corrupt worldwide anti-vaping machine will eventually be exposed, and a lot of the focus will be on the most egregious violators of decency and good government, of which the business and government entities behind this human-life-destructive Indiana Legislation, will be an example cited over and over again.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm not going to say that I am positive that I understand what you just said, but it sounds like the folks that have permits want to hold you fiscally responsible for any monetary losses they incur from your lawsuit being successful and aborting their attempted monopoly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread