Indiana HB 1432 signed into law and takes effect July 1st, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I could probably gain 5 lbs just Thinking Hard Enough about the Amish restaurant in Susquehanna, In.

Some VERY nice blanket and furniture places there too.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I've been waiting 3 months now for my Amish sleigh bed being made (supposedly) in northern Indiana. Super nice, but expensive. Makes me think of canceling the order now, but why hold this against the Amish?

Reactions: aldenf

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I get Robert's angle now. If it's not commercially sold as eliquid, what defines my DIY product as eliquid? I mix VG, nicotine, and flavoring that I like to use as a wood polish.

Commercially, I'm sure they'll go after folk, but I wonder if there will be a surge is scent shops that sell liquids labelled not for human consumption, never to be used in a vaporizor.
its the end product. no mater what it is.
when its ready to put it in your tank its e-liquid.
i think separate flavors might fly if it can get by the intended
for use in language.
once it gets in your tank it becomes a different story.
mike

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Uh...no. You have to click on "More Options" under the Reply box first.

testing moving a quote from one section of the forum and carrying it to another section

Carrying it from the Sandbox

When you have picked up a quote, and you are ready to post, there is a little tab button that says 'Insert Quotes' under the reply box on the left side. On the right side there are three that say: Post Reply; Upload a File; More Options. Look to the left of those three...after you have picked up a quote. :)

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
Penny, just click '+Quote' and you will take that quote wherever you travel within ECF until you are ready to 'Insert Quote' (lower left under the post box)

440BB, some still think that BT will help us. :(

The ambiguity of this Indiana Law is truly deliberate. Left open to interpretation so that they have time to clarify as they see fit. In other words, when they see a loophole being used, they can close it down.
IANAL, but the last time I checked, laws that are ambiguous, making somone guess whether something is legal or illegal have been struck down as void for vagueness. Mark my word, this law will not hold up in court, and for more reasons than the problem of vagueness.
The fact that the law ban out-of-state "imports" is patently unconstitutional.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Hmm.. I was born and raised in Indiana. I now live in Ohio, but still have family in Indiana. Let me know if I have anything to worry about when I go visit them. I usually take several PV's and a few bottles of commercial juice. I am glad I moved away from there 30+ years ago. Way to stifle American ingenuity and the small business man Indiana! Where is the harm? Are thousands of Hoosiers showing up at their doctor's offices or hospitals with overdoses or other injuries from ecigs? I think NOT! Stupid law!

Indiana State Rep. and bill co-author Tim Wesco apparently cited a 2014 CDC report that showed a spike in calls to national poison control centers for liquid nicotine poisoning from 1 per month to an increased rate of 215 per month in recent years. What i don't understand is how any of these regulations addresses nicotine poisoning? yet i have seen this brought up in different articles discussing the measures taken by Indiana !!!((sigh))

Reactions: Firestorm

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Every call to the poison control hotline asking a question, is counted.
Just like the testimony about law enforcement implying that illegal substances COULD be vaped and they wouldn't be able to smell it! The toddler in NY that supposedly drank eliquid...
So.... I shouldn't be able to vape nicotine........? Oh, it's OK if I buy from the state's preferred providers and pay a state sin tax.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
IANAL, but the last time I checked, laws that are ambiguous, making somone guess whether something is legal or illegal have been struck down as void for vagueness. Mark my word, this law will not hold up in court, and for more reasons than the problem of vagueness.
The fact that the law ban out-of-state "imports" is patently unconstitutional.

Have you read the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act?

It should have been named patently unconstitutional.

Every section, sub - section and article is purposely vague once you consider the sheer magnitude and that every sentence has to be reconstructed to include what it's referencing.

G.W.s crowning achievement... The "camera on your corner" act.

Tapatyped

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
logicone I was in one my B&M's, they have three shops, this weekend and they are going to be set up to meet all these standards by the time the deadline rolls around. They won't be able to sell juice from out of state unless that out of state vendor has a permit but they have their own line so there is a little spark of hope here in Northwestern Indiana.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm heading to northwest Indiana week after next. Not
worried about it at all. And I think it doesn't go into
effect till July of 2016 anyway, as the businesses need
time to comply with requirements.

As far as I know, the Effective date for HB-1432 is July 1st, 2015.

But that was Part of the Reason I asked if there is any New News on things in Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread