Indulgence Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
I've been getting puny vapor and TH from my Indulgence running on batteries, 18350 mostly, but equally dismal using 18650 and ext. cup. I've been using both v1 and v2. I got the copper springs and don't notice a difference, to tell the truth. :confused: So, I have ordered a set of 16340's to see if that is better. Problem is, I forgot to order HV atties... sheesh! If I use regular atties at 6v will I toast them?

It's not the juice. I use the same juice on my Indulgence PT and Riva and am in vapor heaven! :) Indulgence PT and Riva... maybe I'm spoiled... hahaha :vapor:

shadowin

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Malaysia
I've been getting puny vapor and TH from my Indulgence running on batteries, 18350 mostly, but equally dismal using 18650 and ext. cup. I've been using both v1 and v2. I got the copper springs and don't notice a difference, to tell the truth. :confused: So, I have ordered a set of 16340's to see if that is better. Problem is, I forgot to order HV atties... sheesh! If I use regular atties at 6v will I toast them?

It's not the juice. I use the same juice on my Indulgence PT and Riva and am in vapor heaven! :) Indulgence PT and Riva... maybe I'm spoiled... hahaha :vapor:

I really like the size of the standard cup compared to the extended cup. But same as you, i cant get much vapor and TH from 18350 and 18650 batteries. So mostly i run it on 16340 batteries. I only have the HV801 & HV901 atties to try with the 6V setup. But honestly i get more TH and vapor with a regular Riva 510 atty. So my favourite setup is the 16340 batteries with regular 510 atties. Havent fried an atty for about a month now.

CoffeeNut

Nov 15, 2011
IL
I spoke about this a while back, I replaced my spring in my Indulgence and put a copper HOT SPRING in my Indulgence, made it out perform the stock Indulgence by a lot, If anyone is interested in where to get them just PM me and I'll direct you to them, no kidding the Copper Hot spring really works on the Indulgence big time with Plumes of Vapor production in the outcome of swapping the spring and it's so simple to do.

My hubby has an Indulgence that needs a hot spring, any idea where I can find one or even another brand that will work. In another post I read that the silver bullet copper hot spring would work. We don't have a silver bullet, so I have no idea if it will or not.
Thanks.

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
The difference in resistance between what metal the spring is made of can't make much difference in conduction.
What probably makes the difference is that the spring oxidizes/corrodes, so increases the resistance between it and the battery at the top and the shell at the bottom. When you replace it with a new spring, two of the four surfaces are new, so it helps.
You would probably get the same effect by just taking out the spring and filing it both sides where it touches.
Better still, scrape the bottom of the shell and give the battery a few scrapes with a screwdriver too.

Did you know..
There are also a few other contact points;
* Top of the battery touching the bottom of the switch housing
* (can't quite remember but) a little spring between the bottom of the switch housing and the switch.
* The top of the switch to bottom of another little spring2
* Top of Little spring2 to contact plate to adaptor.

And then there's the switch itself, not that reliable (but that's another topic)

The little springs are a clever design for parts that are constantly taken on and off but they introduce weaknesses in the circuit. (It's probably why they evolved to V3 which has less parts).

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
My hubby has an Indulgence that needs a hot spring, any idea where I can find one or even another brand that will work. In another post I read that the silver bullet copper hot spring would work. We don't have a silver bullet, so I have no idea if it will or not.
Thanks.
I've read that the copper spring does make them better and I think the one they use with the SB should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread