Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
My Mini Pipe from SmokeJuice - HOME arrived on Saturday morning. The batteries appeared to have been pre-charged - so vaping commenced. Wow!

The first thing I noticed was the quality of the vapour delivery. My problem with my 901 was always that, although it produced lots of vapour, not much of this actually seemed to go in my mouth! The opposite applies with this device - not only is the draw smooth but it goes where you want it to - into the inhale.

Amazingly the draw is very like the draw on a well-filled tobacco-pipe - not too light but very smooth. I have found that the tighter the atomiser is screwed to the pipe bowl, the tighter the draw, so there is room for adjusting to preference here. The supplied atomiser delivers a "pipe" experience. The Bestecig BE112 atomiser fits the pipe but delivers a more "cigarette" like smoke, which is perhaps to be expected - perhaps too much air in the mix.

The carts supplied are tasty with interesting rubbery mouthpieces. I've always been a bit of a "biter" on mouthpieces but found these surprisingly comfortable. The carts that I use on my penstyles fit with no difficulty. Indeed, the cart fit seems firm without needing to force in or tug out. Battery life? Well, I have been vaping on this as if I would never get a chance to vape again and find that I'm getting about 3 hrs to an overnight charge. The kit comes with two batteries, mains charger, atomiser and 5 carts. The instruction book is the usual Chinglish affair and in parts appears to refer to a different model of pipe.

If smoked normally the battery would imho last longer. The vape from this device is particularly satisfying and I feel that I would be likely not to smoke it constantly as a result.

Why so satisfying? For some reason the Mini Pipe uses penstyle cartridges very efficiently, using the liquid from all of the cart. With penstyles I have found the need for frequent topping-up as the end nearest the atomiser dries out, leaving liquid in the remaining two thirds of the cart unused. This device seems to use the liquid more evenly, thereby reducing the frequency of topping-off.

This tiny pipe is beautifully balanced and it is a pleasure to let it sit in your hand.

My initial experiences with the Mini Pipe have been so good that I have had to change my username from expipeman to e-pipeman to reflect this.

That's quite enough for now - if I carry on this review will become a litany of hooray statements. I'll do a follow-up in a few weeks.

Overall impression? As an e-pipe I don't think that this could be improved upon, although even longer battery life would be a plus.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
good initial review 'E' Pipeman....my first battery lasted me for quite a bit longer...but then I wasn't vaping like crazy, I didn't seem to need to! I am not sure yet but I think there may be some slight drain on the battery if it's left in the pipe overnight.
I must say the life of the cart seems amazing....you can pretty much relax and vape all day without having to do anything other than vape. I feel just like the typical 'contented', relaxed pipe smoker with this.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hi e-pipeman I am expecting a mini pipe on Thursday. Does any one sell the atomizers for these? If so, who and how much? If not then we have to get the BE112 atomizers from Bestecig, I guess. Is there huge difference when using the BE112 atomizers? Can we modify them in anyway to produce the same quality of vapor as the the mini pipe atomizers?

Thanks for you thorough review.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hi e-pipeman I am expecting a mini pipe on Thursday. Does any one sell the atomizers for these? If so, who and how much? If not then we have to get the BE112 atomizers from Bestecig, I guess. Is there huge difference when using the BE112 atomizers? Can we modify them in anyway to produce the same quality of vapor as the the mini pipe atomizers?

Thanks for you thorough review.

Glad you liked it! You can get the atomisers here (more stock in later this week, I believe - they've been very popular!) : SmokeJuice - HOME

There is quite a big difference with the BE112 atomisers - the draw is much lighter and "airier", much less pipe-like. As for modding - from what I understand it's not too hard to get extra air into atomisers by making notches, holes etc . I think it would be much more difficult to try to "tighten" the draw on one. But then I'm hopeless at technical stuff - you need to speak to a Modder! :)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
E-pipeman ..out of curiosity ..what juice do you use?

Gosh - I've got loads! I like TW liquids v.much but always get 36mg and cut 50/50 with glyc. Their apple, original tobacco and Cigar are great. I also use the Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome liquids - the chocolate goes v.nicely with the aforementioned apple! I've got French Pipe from various different sources (some labelled as France Pipe) - v.nice. DK Tab is a very good tobacco-like one from e-cigs. There are LOADS more -too many to mention, really. Cream, Wild Cherry, British Bulldog, Like Smoke, 555 etc. Got a very nice apple from Bestecigs. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a hoarder and like variety!

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Gosh - I've got loads! I like TW liquids v.much but always get 36mg and cut 50/50 with glyc. Their apple, original tobacco and Cigar are great. I also use the Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome liquids - the chocolate goes v.nicely with the aforementioned apple! I've got French Pipe from various different sources (some labelled as France Pipe) - v.nice. DK Tab is a very good tobacco-like one from e-cigs. There are LOADS more -too many to mention, really. Cream, Wild Cherry, British Bulldog, Like Smoke, 555 etc. Got a very nice apple from Bestecigs. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a hoarder and like variety!

Oh ..I had been toying with the idea that perhaps TW liquids might not be too good for atomizers....but perhaps it's just that particular brand of glycerine I have been using to mix it with ...if you are having atomizers that last for months.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I have just found something out.....drip filling the mini pipe cartridges doesn't really fill them very well ...they had appeared to be full after about 6 drops...but if you use a syringe and push it to the bottom of the cart it takes a lot more juice than that ..and wow doesn't it vape a whole lot better when it's properly re-filled!!.....and I had thought the atomizer was just clogging up.

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I have just found something out.....drip filling the mini pipe cartridges doesn't really fill them very well ...they had appeared to be full after about 6 drops...but if you use a syringe and push it to the bottom of the cart it takes a lot more juice than that ..and wow doesn't it vape a whole lot better when it's properly re-filled!!.....and I had thought the atomizer was just clogging up.

Another thing you can do is dump the filler in the e-liquid. Soaks it up a treat -but can be messy putting it back in the cart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread