Initial Thoughts On The Mini Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
A faulty atomiser can occur, but good customer service makes up for it!

What worries me is that if it wasn't just an 'unusual' faulty one then Tim simply won't be able to afford to keep replacing them....he could only do it for the occasional faulty one. Even I think his 60 day guarantee is way to risky for him.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Well, I don't want to start a panic but mine went to pot after about 3 days. It still works a little but not making good vapor. The DSE801 atomizer that I custom fit is fogging nicely though. Since I have several 801s I'm not worried about it. The pipe and batteries were what I was after when I bought it. Atomizers die, that's the nature of these things.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Well, I don't want to start a panic but mine went to pot after about 3 days. It still works a little but not making good vapor. The DSE801 atomizer that I custom fit is fogging nicely though. Since I have several 801s I'm not worried about it. The pipe and batteries were what I was after when I bought it. Atomizers die, that's the nature of these things.

I thought mine had lost it's ability to make much vapour after only a few days....but I have found that it's a matter of getting the cart filled just right not too little juice and not too much....and once it's right it vapes great for ages.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Just to add to the atomiser research, I just wanted to ask those who have had atomisers die/or drop in performance a question. Have any of you been using glycerine mixed in with your liquid?

The only reason I ask is because I don't think adding glycerine to your eliquids will help the atomiser issues. I have experienced this on many ecigs myself where the atomiser is happily chugging along until I add in glycerine to the mix.... then the problems start and within a few days to a week, the atomiser will really drop in performance. Obviously, a very small amount shouldn't make too much difference, but anything more than 10% is probably too much.

We do state in our warranty information that only manufacturers liquid should be used in the ecigs we sell. Afterall, it is this liquid that is designed, tested and intended especially for use with the ecig atomisers. These are sensitive electronic parts, and I would certainly not recommend using anything other than the manufacturers liquids. If you do want to try out various mixes, this would be at your own risk....

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Just to add to the atomiser research, I just wanted to ask those who have had atomisers die/or drop in performance a question. Have any of you been using glycerine mixed in with your liquid?

The only reason I ask is because I don't think adding glycerine to your eliquids will help the atomiser issues. I have experienced this on many ecigs myself where the atomiser is happily chugging along until I add in glycerine to the mix.... then the problems start and within a few days to a week, the atomiser will really drop in performance. Obviously, a very small amount shouldn't make too much difference, but anything more than 10% is probably too much.

We do state in our warranty information that only manufacturers liquid should be used in the ecigs we sell. Afterall, it is this liquid that is designed, tested and intended especially for use with the ecig atomisers. These are sensitive electronic parts, and I would certainly not recommend using anything other than the manufacturers liquids. If you do want to try out various mixes, this would be at your own risk....

I have wondered that myself so I am only using the janty juice I got from you now......by the way the green and the black tea are O/k ..green's the best!:) .......oh and also thanks for the really quick delivery

Last edited:

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
No, I don't use anything but Puresmoker juice and I never drip. Although power may play a part with some atomizers. When I use the RS atomizer on my passthrough it seems to work ok. Which is ok because after it gets broke in it may start working with the pipe. But my passthrough switch broke and I am waiting on a replacement for it. But like I said, one atomizer is not a concern to me. Any time you have mass produced parts there will always be variances in performance.

Deuce, will you be selling batteries to people who didn't get there pipe from you, and can you ship to U.S. ?

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Vince -

Yes sorry we were limited on stock to begin with so limited the accessories to customers who had purchased the kits only as only half the original shipment turned up. From now on though it should be fine for anyone else wanting to buy accessories from us! New stock expected early this week...;)

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
SurbitonPete is right on the money...If you put the right amount of juice.... this thing vapes phenomenally well. You don't want to drip with these and you don't need to top-off either. I wouldn't add any extra glycerin as well. Because you don't need to do anything extra...I have a feeling the average atomizer on these things should last a lot longer than other e cigarette atomizers. Lets keep our fingers crossed that I am right regarding this. Also I really am hoping the auto-vacuum switch lasts long since the battery and atomizers can be easily and cheaply replaced.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Just for fun I opened my spare pipe kit to try the atomizer. It worked great for about 15 puffs then went stone cold dead. Yes, I pre-soaked it with a few drops of liquid before use. But I'm not upset or detured by this in any way. I still think the mini-pipe is a great product and the reason it is great is that you can use other atomizers on it and replace the batteries. So far the body and vacuum switch is working flawlessly.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Oh, I've tried all that to no avail. Even cussed it profusely and stared it down for several minutes and still nothing!

I think one of the reasons I have had to grind down the bands on my other atomizers to get them to work is that the threaded receiver on my pipe body is recessed a little to far in comparison to others. I may try to "fit" the new one, but this doesn't explain why it worked at first.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

Just using straight liquid in the pipe - it vapes like a trojan anyway, so no need for glyc with this one.

Ted,

I posted this on the other Lady Pipe thread from today and thought it may intrest you too...These are 3.6V 600mAh.

Check this out. I think these batteries will work too. They are 15266 (CR2) which is slightly larger than the 14250s but only by about a mm in width and length. I think they will fit in the battery compartment on the Lady Pipe. I just ordered the set that comes with the charger and 2 batteries for $17.75. I hope they fit and work because they are 600mAh and should last longer per charge. I'll post after I receive them and let everybody know if they work.

eBay Store ? hkequipment: Search results for.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Ted, My pipe flashes for low voltage when the battery gets down to 3.17v. A freshly charged battery reads 4.19v so it seems there is only a 1v operating range. If the batteries you are looking at don't charge to over the 3.17 cut-off they may not work. Take your multi-meter and check your battery when it cuts off and see if yours are any different. If the 3v charges to 3.6v it will work, but not long.

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
The highest that my mini pipe batteries have read after a charge is 4.21V and the lowest after the pipe flashes to replace the battery has been 3.15V.

I remember with my large e-pipes, the batteries would also charge to around 4.1-4.2V but would really drop off in performance at about 3.7V and would then have to be replaced. Not sure if it is because the 601 model's larger atomiser needed more voltage to run but obviously the run time was better due to higher MaH - would be great if those 600 MaH batteries worked with the mini pipe - let us know how you get on Phil... :)

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
Hey nice find :D been looking for ages for a cheaper alternative. So they are 600mAh, what are the standard ladypipe batts?

Pretty sure they will fit lengthways and maybe will squeeze in with the plastic outer removed sideways so nice work phillydes

Ted,

I posted this on the other Lady Pipe thread from today and thought it may intrest you too...These are 3.6V 600mAh.

Check this out. I think these batteries will work too. They are 15266 (CR2) which is slightly larger than the 14250s but only by about a mm in width and length. I think they will fit in the battery compartment on the Lady Pipe. I just ordered the set that comes with the charger and 2 batteries for $17.75. I hope they fit and work because they are 600mAh and should last longer per charge. I'll post after I receive them and let everybody know if they work.

eBay Store ? hkequipment: Search results for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread