innokin 30b leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGremlin

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Perth, Western Australia
Hiyas.

i am really new to vaping so any help would is welcome.

I bought a cool fire 1 and that came with a Iclear 30b, i also bought another iclear 30b, and iclear X.I and some spare coils from an Australian online vendor that was going out of business. the iclear 30b and X.I both came with 2.1ohm coils and i bought the same as spare coils.

first problem was that as soon as i opened the sealed boxes there was a faint metallic smell that came off of them so i soaked them in vodka and hot water for a couple of hours and then let them dry. I fill the first 30b with a hangsen 80/20 pg/vg peach 18mg eliquid. well the taste was awful, the metallic smell came across as an awful industrial metallic diesel oil taste. i boiled the tanks for 30mins in water and vodka and they were fine after that.

now i try again and the taste is fine, but juice leaked into the battery, and i pulled juice into my mouth. so i put a new coil out of the packet and tried again, same thing, out of 8 coils only 1 hasnt leaked, that is in both iclear 30b. the X.I is much better, but still has some leakage into the battery.

I looked on the forum and tried all the tricks advised, not over tightening, putting a new o-ring on the coil, a shallow draw, a harder draw and still no joy :( i cant go back to the vendor, he is out of business. I emailed Innokin directly and explained the problem. they just replied to say that the iclear's are an accessory and not covered by any warranty.

they didnt offer any possible solutions or advice. does anyone have any ideas i can use to solve this problem as i dont want to waste my money. i hope this info is ok. if i have forgotten to mention anything, please let me know.

thanks
Gremlin.

Waterdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2014
NH
I have one of those also and have not had much of a flooding problem ever. Try a 50/50 juice to see if that helps you out. Make sure the tank is full. Most tanks will leak as they get low. When not using it take off the drip tip and store upside down. That will always be a 100% flood free way to keep them. Is the flooding happening shortly after you start using it after a fill up or say after you back to it after a few hours?

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
Hiyas.

i am really new to vaping so any help would is welcome.

I bought a cool fire 1 and that came with a Iclear 30b, i also bought another iclear 30b, and iclear X.I and some spare coils from an Australian online vendor that was going out of business. the iclear 30b and X.I both came with 2.1ohm coils and i bought the same as spare coils.

first problem was that as soon as i opened the sealed boxes there was a faint metallic smell that came off of them so i soaked them in vodka and hot water for a couple of hours and then let them dry. I fill the first 30b with a hangsen 80/20 pg/vg peach 18mg eliquid. well the taste was awful, the metallic smell came across as an awful industrial metallic diesel oil taste. i boiled the tanks for 30mins in water and vodka and they were fine after that.

now i try again and the taste is fine, but juice leaked into the battery, and i pulled juice into my mouth. so i put a new coil out of the packet and tried again, same thing, out of 8 coils only 1 hasnt leaked, that is in both iclear 30b. the X.I is much better, but still has some leakage into the battery.

I looked on the forum and tried all the tricks advised, not over tightening, putting a new o-ring on the coil, a shallow draw, a harder draw and still no joy :( i cant go back to the vendor, he is out of business. I emailed Innokin directly and explained the problem. they just replied to say that the iclear's are an accessory and not covered by any warranty.

they didnt offer any possible solutions or advice. does anyone have any ideas i can use to solve this problem as i dont want to waste my money. i hope this info is ok. if i have forgotten to mention anything, please let me know.

thanks
Gremlin.
I also have a Cool Fire 1, and changed tanks within a week. I hated the iclear it came with. I use an Aerotank V2 with it, and it Vapes clouds with great flavor. I also bought a battery extender so I use the 18650 batteries, which last much longer. I've had it a long time with no problems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread