Innokin Axiom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Well I just unboxed my new tank which I won right here on ECF.
So far.
The Good-I like the look and size as it makes the perfect edition to my Pico setup. It is easy to fill. Plenty of airflow and flavor is pretty good with the prebuilt coil.vaping on the Pico at 26 watts.
The bad- The coil was so tight I had to use a pair of pliers to get it free from the top cap and I am a strong person.The drip tip .Who thought this short thing would be a good idea?The AFC.Once the tank is tightened to the mod it is impossible to adjust.You must first loosen the tank it to get it to turn.I t is difficult to see how much liquid is in the tank when filling.

I have not tried the RBA section.I will take some pictures and keep this thread updated.I would like to thank Innokin for the contests.Looking forward to other peoples experiences as well.

Last edited:

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
It's leaking from the afc........:(
Twice now. Once after tilting it on its side once just sitting on my dresser. To the spares bin it goes. Sucks because I really like the looks and size of it. I refuse to deal with anymore leaky tanks.:(

Dude, I don't know what you and I do differently, but my mod was knocked on it's side overnight by my cat and the Axiom was attached. not a drop leaked

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Well in all fairness I like the size and look of this tank so much I am not going to give up on it.Maybe my prebuilt coil has a different (defective) wick in it then Whodat's which is very possible.It is also possible it has something to do with heat.This tank gets very warm when chain vaped at 26 watts. Maybe it leaked when it started to cool who knows? It gets so warm I had to put a delrin tip on it so it wouldn't burn my lips. It is not seeping though it just seems to dump out a couple drops then stops. I was stuck in the house the last 2 days so atmospheric conditions are not the problem. I will of course keep updating here .:)

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Interesting, I've had a few other tanks, Bachelor and Alleria, do what you describe, or worse, the last couple of days, and I'm outside, a lot! But the Axiom, not a drop out of it!
I did a SS build but my 22ga was too large, res jumped all over and it got stupid hot! .35ohm room temp build.
I did a 28ga Kanthal build, 1ohm, added a real drip tip and it's running just fine at 15w.
Neither build has leaked a drop, but both get warm, the Kanthal much less than the SS. But if you plan to push this thing, and use the chuff cap, be ready for a hot top cap! A really hot top cap!
I can't stand the stupid chuff cap, there are so many things they could have done better on this, longer, Delrin, so on, but at least you can use a standard 510 drip tip!
My AFC is stupid tight and hard to move, really hard!
But with the two builds I've tried so far, it seems to be a pretty versatile tank that offers a lot of options.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
Well in all fairness I like the size and look of this tank so much I am not going to give up on it.Maybe my prebuilt coil has a different (defective) wick in it then Whodat's which is very possible.It is also possible it has something to do with heat.This tank gets very warm when chain vaped at 26 watts. Maybe it leaked when it started to cool who knows? It gets so warm I had to put a delrin tip on it so it wouldn't burn my lips. It is not seeping though it just seems to dump out a couple drops then stops. I was stuck in the house the last 2 days so atmospheric conditions are not the problem. I will of course keep updating here .:)

I agree about the delrin tip, I used one from my Isub S tank.
I vape it around 30 - 35 watts and it does get very warm. I wish Innokin would include a drip tip with it, but it's all good.
All in all, I love this tank.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I am having the same issue with leaking.............I am also having an issue with the base ring that turns to allow the air flow.......it came off and won't stay in place..............I have a photo and will post it soon............
all I know is not long after I filled it and started using it I picked it up and it leaked on the carpet(a big puddle in a short time) and all over my box...and my hands...it was from the underside as it was under the tank on the box.........

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
nW-JY47OSpBxsizlxnmy4rfiKQ3hexddBbR8nntIUngI3-W4lewMDKbcIFoQXDB4wx-Lk5JEdYlQBAyAxB1-QH8cKWnRvkaeKXKpYo5IMb-kJh2dfDlAk4t_USBYRHdZEPagwxYw5hVwkjzwfCBQVnt1uKw_NkMHt3aN2Pr8rup25USJI_adlbOSqb4Iy6yCcd-058eHzyPK1vD4dQTvtbp4fdo7-8XGlBLRGL3imRaOD_drUeoKIAU4djsLz4crCn8IDdenSnjG_q8_CquzLrw6g6I--Dhwv43Qm54-CkSEeekiMbnNlSjzZYjR2XlbLEJuWiYzV6PeJFzDZboO9T-y4AezudJs788B-3T16WvRRXkBJg2UVK2_IZlsQ_1SICjm6ggTwreZL-wI-V1MuNIYHZ3LJXrU6-4A_EcXgm_iTmCO9jE2ofa8i9y0zJ4S4CTYhunIVFxPvqH-6tIYZuGyxjGXqIjbnUQ737aeVT-VTurtZuJAmwBQW7TUNSouYQG9SlpF0OxeIp7fCjdVeg5fRakEUYVQ1TM-ds6rXEgvkuY_ffOv-fuIhwbiVSRQpzybUg0bfrdq6r1rtt_QtBcS0sTK5kI=w890-h667-no

This is the ring I am talking about......I don't think it's supposed to come off............so there was juice all inside the area around the base......

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Mine did although not intentionally.It came off when I tried to unscrew the coil which was really wedged in there. It only fits one way though so there is a top and bottom for that ring.
@Innokin_Ash Is the AFC ring supposed to come off?

I just removed my ring again and it seems to click back in place.Also there was liquid under the ring.Not sure if it was from before when it leaked or if it is continuing to leak.I will keep checking it to see if it comes back.

Last edited:
Reactions: liblue1

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
While I know its of little comfort it should stay in place once it is on your mod provided it sits flush.It does on my Pico. Hopefully Innokin Ash will be along to help. You may want to try messaging him as well. Let us know if you find out anything.I don't believe the ring has anything to do with the leaks but I guess its possible.:confused:

Reactions: liblue1

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
While I know its of little comfort it should stay in place once it is on your mod provided it sits flush.It does on my Pico. Hopefully Innokin Ash will be along to help. You may want to try messaging him as well. Let us know if you find out anything.I don't believe the ring has anything to do with the leaks but I guess its possible.:confused:
I do think that is why it leaked...................I think there is still some juice on the ring...If I get a chance to mess with it today I will try again............
IbeDDTGcNo-7LlZfoCNsyjgRfRu9E2AfS33S6DYBUDyjK-dbE9nRODhurGGKNdXSl7MRUHfc9Nluo7tMpZTC5kYm_HWC0Ozptcvh9JU184Fc4IMxpo3W4Y0oavHk2FfwNkbvRCETpKeasou8J7eMiiMH6J8CUUhcmWv-GjDK43FyTn3r-GKMP_aFaYoTkYnY6dp4fkbSs-tkEFUJkfabi285NeTp2JNfb8o5KH247EgXJdhGosKH7o4jLygq5DE1XcfCgEqrpEtvxplDAu-0B0o7AfSgR5hENa1NjQCWGEDEtAIw8jpZmaO-Q6crs4cLc2skYvmUVlPPXEd7m7O8YPZ2sMsZnTsuhX2sPV6_ayeoVgUy8mW4XQ2nYe2Fx8Q5svcu0reExF9N1xNOvSorCmolFOh4Zk7TB49JLm2ZCo768m3dj-p41cYjr7SQCxM5zLA43b_RILTWsHU2yoayzhiV4rZnjla5rSU57vbSJzxoGwxb_V-deigwA1FSM4eXATJ2ZYWjXf0FFIWpJ-NwfnBwtoD_acYegBzGDmflBYfJdwlgVg4Zelv04M-ZPl5CBmSByO-PnNfB4AVPxboBvtNSuS0qgEk=w890-h667-no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread