Innokin Cool Fire 4 Tank Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCP1991

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2017
Hey Guys,

I'm VERY new to vaping and picked up a Cool Fire 4 with the Sub G tank with some 0.5 ohm coils. So far I love the set up and have been really pleased. That said, I wanted to go ahead and get another tank that I could fill up with a different juice. The attendant at my local vape shop suggested the Cleito 120 tank and so I purchased one. I loaded it up properly, waited for the juice to get into the wicks, and took a drag. The vapor tasted like burned oil. I thought maybe I hadn't given the coil enough time to set up so I installed a new coil and let the juice sit over night, hit it and it still tasted like burned oil. I ended up going online and noticed the Cleito 120 seems to be too much tank for my Cool Fire Mod as it uses too low an ohm and seems to require 100 watts (which would max the Cool Fire 4 out). Do you think that might explain the burning taste?

If so, I am probably going to return to the store and discuss an exchange. I believe they stock the iSub Apex 5 Tanks with the 0.5 ohm coils. Would that work in the Cool Fire 4? I don't want any explosions during my first week vaping :shock::evil:.

Thanks!!

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Hey Guys,

I'm VERY new to vaping and picked up a Cool Fire 4 with the Sub G tank with some 0.5 ohm coils. So far I love the set up and have been really pleased. That said, I wanted to go ahead and get another tank that I could fill up with a different juice. The attendant at my local vape shop suggested the Cleito 120 tank and so I purchased one. I loaded it up properly, waited for the juice to get into the wicks, and took a drag. The vapor tasted like burned oil. I thought maybe I hadn't given the coil enough time to set up so I installed a new coil and let the juice sit over night, hit it and it still tasted like burned oil. I ended up going online and noticed the Cleito 120 seems to be too much tank for my Cool Fire Mod as it uses too low an ohm and seems to require 100 watts (which would max the Cool Fire 4 out). Do you think that might explain the burning taste?

If so, I am probably going to return to the store and discuss an exchange. I believe they stock the iSub Apex 5 Tanks with the 0.5 ohm coils. Would that work in the Cool Fire 4? I don't want any explosions during my first week vaping :shock::evil:.

Thanks!!
    Isub Apex works wonderfully on the cool fire 4 (which version are you using by the way?) I got the CF4 plus with the Apex 3ml and it was lovely... Fiance needed the mod though after I got my Alien, so I haven't used it in a while but it never caused me any problems when it was my exclusive setup for 8 months! Just always try to remember to close the juice refill holes and you'll be golden! LOL :lol: I forgot a few times and flooded my coils... qtips always fixed that issue. :p

RCP1991

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2017
    Isub Apex works wonderfully on the cool fire 4 (which version are you using by the way?) I got the CF4 plus with the Apex 3ml and it was lovely... Fiance needed the mod though after I got my Alien, so I haven't used it in a while but it never caused me any problems when it was my exclusive setup for 8 months! Just always try to remember to close the juice refill holes and you'll be golden! LOL :lol: I forgot a few times and flooded my coils... qtips always fixed that issue. :p

It's the TC100 model, which I seem to understand is one generation old. Again, I'm very new to vaping but as a 8+ year cigarette smoker I've been very pleased with the unit. Unlike the crappy ecigs I had tried in the past it is actually capable of producing a hit that satisfies and I really like that I can mess around with the temperature control. Strangely, I found turning the temp up was what really mimicked the cigarette feel.

Thanks for in info and I'm glad the iSub Apex tank will work well. I'm actually quite excited for it as the 5 ml. capacity should get me through a day. The 3 ml. iSub V tank requires a refill which is no big deal but I think I'll just stick a fruitier juice in the smaller tank.

Reactions: celticluvr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread