Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
No disagreement there. But all that is needed, is to close off the air flow. As we speak I am tootle puffing an iSub G. I just have the AFC almost completely off.:)

That's what I do, too. I turn my wattage up to 11 (WOWZA!) and I have a really nice, soft, flowery juice that has a low nic level and I can take long, slow drags on it and it's WONDERFUL. It's my evening unwind tank and juice. The rest of the day I use the other tanks. :) I'm glad to know there's someone else who tootles on a sub-ohm tank. ;)

~Lannie

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I haven't had time to read this whole thread, but I just want to say, you'll like the Disrupter. I don't think it will EVER become "just a backup" for you, and definitely not a waste of money. I have one, and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's simple enough for a noob like me, and it performs flawlessly. There's something about it (and I know there's a technical reason for this, but don't ask me to explain it - LOL!) that even makes your juice taste better.

I think I'm going to get one.

You have sold it to me. :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks for the help!! I'll continue my research on the MTL tanks mentioned and look at some bore drip tips. I won't be ordering for myself until next Friday so I plenty of time to decide & change my mind...I'm good at changing lol.

As far as the battery on the distruper, it's basically what sold my husand on it. He wants a device as a hobby for clouds & flavor. I want one for helping to quit the stinky cigs & the rest of it is just a bonus :)

My pleasure KCdew. If I may be of further assistance just ask. Right not the dusruptor and the Nautilus Mini sounds like a great set.

Reactions: kcdew

kcdew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Missouri
Yay it came. I think the husband is going to love it once he gets home from work & tries it. The blue is nice. I took a few vapes and even with the air flow on the tank barely open its to much for me haha.

Attachments

• 20151005_105744-1-1.jpg
    20151005_105744-1-1.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Pretty! Do you have another tank you can put on it? If not, and the nic level of your juice is low enough, you could do straight lung hits on it, at least until you get a tank you like better. It feels funny at first, but after a few times, it's not so weird anymore. I actually enjoy it with some of my juices.

I guess I should also say, it depends on if you have lung damage or not from the smokes. I had a hard time at first because I apparently did more damage to myself than I realized. The first few times I tried to do a straight inhale, I about choked to death, but my lungs were still sensitive, and the nic level I had was WAY too high for that. I can handle lung inhales now with anything 6 mg or less, but more than that, it still chokes me. Also, I can't have the wattage up higher than 11 on a subtank like that. With my Protanks and smaller ones, 7.5 watts is my comfort zone. I'm definitely NOT overtaxing my Disrupter! :lol:

~Lannie

kcdew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Missouri
I got this Apex tank for my husband but going to get a Nautilus mini for myself. I
have the wattage set at 25 like the little booklet said for .5ohm coils. I've never been a big lung hitter. Maybe when I'm extremely stressed out Lol. As far as nic level goes we have been using 3mg & 6mg & 1 9mg. We had some 18mg but that was way to much for us.

Reactions: Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I got this Apex tank for my husband but going to get a Nautilus mini for myself. I
have the wattage set at 25 like the little booklet said for .5ohm coils. I've never been a big lung hitter. Maybe when I'm extremely stressed out Lol. As far as nic level goes we have been using 3mg & 6mg & 1 9mg. We had some 18mg but that was way to much for us.

OMG! 25 watts would KILL ME! LOL! I can only go as high as 11 watts with my one .5 ohm coil tank.

I suggest the MVP 3.0 pro kit that comes with an isub G... better battery life than the disrupter. Isub G is a great little tank too.

That's the tank I have, and it's still a lung hitter tank. I can't mouth-to-lung with that one at all. For me, coming off cigarettes, I couldn't have done that right away. I needed to start with smaller tanks, that I could do mouth-to-lung with. I'm only now, 4 months in, able to do direct lung hits comfortably. It does take some getting used to.

~Lannie

Reactions: kcdew

kcdew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Missouri
OMG! 25 watts would KILL ME! LOL! I can only go as high as 11 watts with my one .5 ohm coil tank.

That's the tank I have, and it's still a lung hitter tank. I can't mouth-to-lung with that one at all. For me, coming off cigarettes, I couldn't have done that right away. I needed to start with smaller tanks, that I could do mouth-to-lung with. I'm only now, 4 months in, able to do direct lung hits comfortably. It does take some getting used to.

~Lannie

Lol! We are still super new to this. I didn't know if the box would allow it to go below what the info sheet stated. And I definitely didn't want to mess anything up. A learning process all the way around haha

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
What you fail to realize is this... every time you tootle puff and take a mouth to lung hit, a baby falls out of the crib onto the floor and dies. Learn to sub ohm or more parents will suffer waking up to deceased children.

Just say no to tootlepuffing!

Well, I guess I'm responsible for a lot of dead babies then. ;) Hopefully, you understand that the majority of people vaping are not doing it to chuck huge clouds to try to impress people. They're doing it to stay off cigarettes. And however they need to vape to do that is fine. Most beginners don't start immediately with the cloud-chucking, unless they never smoked at all and start vaping just to look "cool" (I still don't understand that, but I'm old, so you'll have to forgive me). Since KC is trying to quit smoking, let's try to help her do that. :)

~Lannie

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
the disruptor can fire sub ohm tanks down to .2 or .3 ohms and run at 5-50 watts so you have plenty of room to grow

Actually the Disruptor will only fire down to 6 watts - not a big deal to a cloud chaser. But between that and the fact the wattage is adjustable in increments of .5 it's a bit of a challenge for this Tootle Puffer. Thankfully most of my liquids still vape on the cool side at 6 watts.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Actually the Disruptor will only fire down to 6 watts - not a big deal to a cloud chaser. But between that and the fact the wattage is adjustable in increments of .5 it's a bit of a challenge for this Tootle Puffer. Thankfully most of my liquids still vape on the cool side at 6 watts.

I thought it would go down to 5 watts.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Nope, the Disrupter only goes down to 6.0, but that should be good for most people. I usually have mine at 7.5 watts and that's good for most of the juices I use. That's with the higher ohm coils, though, like 1.8 to 2.5 ohms. I seem to get my very best results with a 1.8 ohm coil in a Protank II at 7.5 watts on the Disrupter. It's PERFECT for me. :D I can put that exact same tank on my other mod, at the exact same wattage, and it's not as good.

Reactions: MaxwellPink

kcdew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Missouri
I've enjoyed not having to carry spare 18650s these days. My Innokin Cool Fire 4 and my iStick both charge from USB, which is a nice feature. I've looked at adds for the Disrupter and I like the looks and features, but don't look forward to being charger bound again.

My thing is I didn't want to be left with a paper weight once the built in batteries in the iSticks & others die. I don't really want to deal with batteries & external charger either. So this option works for us. Slide off battery & put a different one on if you have a 2nd. Distruper works great for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread