Innokin I-Sub G - Not for mouth to lung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtletimee

Jul 23, 2015
Hey all,

I ordered the Isub G and some replacement coils and i'm so disappointed by my choice! I'm a mouth to lung hitter and I can't find a pleasant vape with it, I'm on 12mg vampire vape juice, maybe it's too high nic for a sub-ohm tank? Each wattage I try or amount of air space I leave just feels harsh, I replaced the drip tip to a smaller one and I can't get a tight draw unless i close the air hole which I assume isn't good for it and even when I do that it's still not as nice as my much cheaper mini protank 3.

Does anyone use an Isub G and mouth to lung with it?

Feels like I've sort of wasted my money (through my own lack of research as it seems to me it's designed for lung hitters), though I hear people eventually move onto lung hits so would it be worth keeping instead of the hassle of sending back the coils and such?

I'm ordering a nautilis mini and here's hoping that'll suit me better!

Reactions: SaintVape17

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
That harshness is definitely from the 12 mg of nicotine. I would suggest dropping down to 3 mg or 6 mg at most if you're going to subohm. Out of all the juices that I have that I use in subohm tanks, there are only two brands of juice (Bamboo Elixir and Rise) that I can handle at 6 mg. Everything else has to be 3 mg or else it burns my throat too much. That said, the iSub G is a very airy tank. Most subohm tanks are too airy for mouth to lung hits.

If you want a mouth to lung hit, you can try the 1.8 ohm coil in the Aspire Triton. It has a very small center hole so it has a pretty restricted airflow that will be good for mouth to lung.

vmtorres1

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2015
Hey all,

I ordered the Isub G and some replacement coils and i'm so disappointed by my choice! I'm a mouth to lung hitter and I can't find a pleasant vape with it, I'm on 12mg vampire vape juice, maybe it's too high nic for a sub-ohm tank? Each wattage I try or amount of air space I leave just feels harsh, I replaced the drip tip to a smaller one and I can't get a tight draw unless i close the air hole which I assume isn't good for it and even when I do that it's still not as nice as my much cheaper mini protank 3.

Does anyone use an Isub G and mouth to lung with it?

Feels like I've sort of wasted my money (through my own lack of research as it seems to me it's designed for lung hitters), though I hear people eventually move onto lung hits so would it be worth keeping instead of the hassle of sending back the coils and such?

I'm ordering a nautilis mini and here's hoping that'll suit me better!
They just rolled out the 2.0 ohm coil for the iSub... I just got it and works great for mouth to lung with 12mg juice.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
+1 to @jseah . I think your juice has too much nic for a subohm tank and it's not easy to MTL one as they are designed for big air to cool down a subohm coil and to make big vapor. But @vmtorres1 has a point: if they're rolled out a 2 ohm coil-- about dam time, I was wondering when they're get around to that, and they need an RBA deck to make it compete with the Subtank-- That may be the answer you're looking for. No doubt the Nauti will better suit a MTL hitter, but be aware it likes a lot fewer watts; most people find the sweet spot between 8-13 watts. I wouldn't throw it away or sell it. There's a good shot you'll become a lung hitter one day. I did.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Even if you adjust your nic, I personally don't think the iSub is ideal for MTL. You have to REALLY close off that cylon slot and at the end of the day you'll get a really hot, wispy vape that'll kick you in the back of the head, even with a narrow drip tip and zero nic, max VG liquid. It's just the nature of the sub-ohm/wide-bore combo the tank has. It's simply made to chuck vapor with a DTL hit.

Try the 2.0 ohm coils and see if this fixes the issue for MTL. Maybe it'll take the wide-bore airflow out of the equation.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Interesting 2.0 ohm coils. Lol would have been good to know they were coming out with that b4 I gave mine away lol.

Hope the 2.0 ohm coils work. But I did watch a review on the Triton and the reviewer indicated it was excellent for mouth to lung hits.
The Triton's the size of a small Buick, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread