Not open for further replies.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
While I love the flavor and clouds of vapor, I am really being put off by the leakage down the center post. This is creating a lot of gurgling. A lot of gurgling. Too much for my liking. I find it hard to believe that this was missed by innokin. Why they would put out a product with this much leakage is beyond me. I really want to like the iclear 30. Best delivery of flavor I have ever experienced. But this leakage is the pitts.

I think this is a QC issue, like with so many other mass-produced clearomizers. It could also depend on the juice. I've been cycling through three iClear 30s for almost two weeks. Two of them are working perfectly, while one of them has gurgling and leaking issues like you've described. It's similar to my experience with Kanger T3s; some of them are aces, while others are problematic.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Actually got a direct response from Innokin. They said the iclear 30 does not leak, suggesting mine is defective. They suggest I return it. At this point I do not know if it is the head or the device itself that is leaking. But they are so cheap the cost of the round about shipping to get another pretty much is the cost of a new unit. So, I have not decided what to do about it yet.

I like the flavor and clouds enough to get a second device, to see if Innokin is correct that I just got a lemon out first out of the gate. Would be very interested in others experiences with their iclear 30s out of the gate.

RPadTV,

Is there any obvious differences between the juices between your three iclear 30s? In other words, if you switch the juices between devices, does the gurgling follow the juice or stay with the device?

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
RPadTV,

Is there any obvious differences between the juices between your three iclear 30s? In other words, if you switch the juices between devices, does the gurgling follow the juice or stay with the device?

From my experience, it's not the juices or the devices. The one iClear 30 that was giving me problems has been fine (so far) after replacing the coil. It has only been through a tank and half though, so it could be too early to tell, but it looks like the coil was the culprit.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I tried a tobacco DIY I had in it, and was impressed. It's very light in flavor, and when I've tried it in other things, I can't taste it at all. The iclear 30 has been excellent with flavor. Fortunately, I haven't experience any gurgling (I've run about 4 tank fulls so far). However, I have been getting condensation coming through the drip tip. I remembered Phil Busardo bending the drip tip upwards in his review, and followed suit. That seem to fix the problem for me.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Yea, this weekend I opened up my second iclear 30, cleaned up the first and put it away. I filled up the second and no detectable gurgling. Must have been the first one defective. Bummer. 2nd unit working great. You do want to stay at or just under the top fill line when filling. If the 2nd unit keeps performing well, when the atty dies I will reinsert the atty out of the first unit. If no gurgling then it was the first unit, if gurgling then it was the first atty. But I think that will be a few weeks, hopefully a month before I get to try that out. :)

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
If mine holds up mechanically without issues, I'd say this is the new king of clearos, excellent flavor and nic delivery, nice weigh, nice draw, takes plenty wattage and i dig the swivel tip.
I use mine now with a juice I can hardly taste in a Vivi, in the iClear there's plenty taste, really impressed with this one.

sparkyth67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Samson, Alabama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread