Innokin iClear 30: Dual Coil, Stainless Steel, Rotatable Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
Today I noticed a very small amount of juice on the battery contact. I'm pretty sure it came from the center of the 'center post' and not around it. And that's after I heard some light gurgling during the draw. So the sound and visual are probably connected.

The taste seems a bit improved too. Maybe because I've never run the tank down this far there is more air to bring out the aromas. And just before I reassembled I un-twirled the wicks a bit. But I didn't notice the flavor improvement until I was getting under the halfway point in the tank. Another thing is I now have the mouthpiece positioned strait up. The iClear30 seems to operate a bit better like this.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I've been using the Protank pretty exclusively of late, trying to get use to it and find the best technique and the best voltage for a warmer, more satisfying vape. I like a warm vape and solid throat hit. Flavor is exceptional, and so is vapor production, but between the metal driptip and cooler vapor, I began switching out to my iclear16's that came with my itaste MVP.

Tight, warm draw, warm vapor and decent flavor, sometimes with a taste of the plastic of the clearo.

I had picked up 1 iclear30 and received it in the mail about a week ago. Today, I emptied my Protank, and loaded up my favorite juice into the iclear30. WOW. The best of both worlds: Tight, warm draw and vapor, and the flavor is cleaner than the iclear16.

I've read through this thread, and a few others trying to avoid any leakage or burning issues. I haven't any and I'm already on my second tankful. No mysterious metal shavings or metallic tastes (I got used to that with the Protank, and the iclear30 isn't as bad, due to it warming up on the draw).

Overall -- fantastic! I'll be adding a few more soon.

sparkyth67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Samson, Alabama
Yeah, my initial leak and muted flavor dimmed my opinion of the iClear30. But after cleaning and no new major leak issues, I'm warming back up to it. As a matter of fact I'm vaping some Belgian Cocoa in mine right now and it tastes pretty damn good!

did you have a metallic taste in yours

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Did you try doing a dry burn on the iclear 30 when you recieved it?? Just wet the wicks with tap water and then do a dry burn to burn to get rid of the impurities in the silica that tend to give off the bad taste.You should do this with any silica wick system,or at least just torch the wick instead of a dry burn.

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
did you have a metallic taste in yours

Not really. But I try to avoid touching my tongue to the metallic mouthpieces. I did notice a bit of a fabric taste and probably more so with the iClear16. The fabric taste seems to be diminishing with use. I'm very new to tanks and this hobby in general and assumed maybe that was just the 'breaking in' of the wicks.

Did you try a different coil on your iClear30?

loadstar

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
London, ON
I've been vaping on the iClear 30 for just over a week now. Initial impressions:

First fill tasted absolutely horrible even after attempting a few hour "break in". I ended up dumping the juice, taking it apart and cleaning it out. Next fill tasted pretty perfect. Great vapor, great TH. My only complaint is that the draw on my unit is really tight. Not as bad as some other clearo's I've used, but not great either. My favourite clearo is still the T2's, but will definitely continue vaping on the iClear and continue searching for the 'next best thing'.

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
Depending on where the heads come from i have had a few come in that had one coil that did not work and taste was terrible.The place i have not had problems with replacement heads are carolinavapes,and vapervenue so i have stayed with these two.

Exactly my experience, thanks for confirming my suspicion, t8kit. I too had a weird, unwelcome metallic-y taste when I vaped my iClear30 with the stock coil head. Thankfully I had ordered some back-up ones form altsmoke.com (not the place where I got the kit originally) and these coil heads are providing the flavor I was expecting after reading the positive reviews.

On a side note, I had also boiled the metal parts in some filtered water for 30 min and it did not get rid of the metallic taste. Pretty safe to say it was the stock coil head in my experience. But I guess it doesn't hurt to boil the metal parts just in case there is any kind oil or unwanted coating from the manufacturer. Better safe than metallic-y :)

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Exactly my experience, thanks for confirming my suspicion, t8kit. I too had a weird, unwelcome metallic-y taste when I vaped my iClear30 with the stock coil head. Thankfully I had ordered some back-up ones form altsmoke.com (not the place where I got the kit originally) and these coil heads are providing the flavor I was expecting after reading the positive reviews.

On a side note, I had also boiled the metal parts in some filtered water for 30 min and it did not get rid of the metallic taste. Pretty safe to say it was the stock coil head in my experience. But I guess it doesn't hurt to boil the metal parts just in case there is any kind oil or unwanted coating from the manufacturer. Better safe than metallic-y :)

Yep with that bad taste,metallic taste,it is generally one of the coil leads have come lose,or the coil is not tightly enough around the wick touching the silica.I use one place exclusively for getting my iclear heads from(do not want to post vendors ) and have not had any problems with them.I have two empty iclear 30 and iclear 16 heads i am working on rebuilding at the moment.I have almost got it completed except,can't complete the coil build because of the slim length of tube and depth where the coil goes through.Have been working on getting these rebuilt for at a month and it's driving me crazy innokin built them this way,but hey,i love the iclear dual coil heads they work extremely well.

Yea boiling those parts can't hurt and will generally help,you can also do a dry burn of the silica for first time use too.Just make sure you get the wick wet with tap water before hand and then,just dry burn it,to get rid of any bad chemicals, or tastes that might be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread