Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
My Apex arrived today! Normally, I rinse tanks out before first use, but this time I didn't due to not seeing a good way to do so. Anyways, I filled it up after I changed the coil to a 2.0 one. So far, I really like this tank! The flavor does seem pretty intense. I filled it up with Ahlusion's Pineapple Brulee and I am getting strong pineapple flavor with plenty of vapor. Right now, I am giving this tank a big thumbs up!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
My Apex arrived today! Normally, I rinse tanks out before first use, but this time I didn't due to not seeing a good way to do so. Anyways, I filled it up after I changed the coil to a 2.0 one. So far, I really like this tank! The flavor does seem pretty intense. I filled it up with Ahlusion's Pineapple Brulee and I am getting strong pineapple flavor with plenty of vapor. Right now, I am giving this tank a big thumbs up!

Nice! Do me a favor and give those 2.0 coils a good testing. I'm on my third coil now, and none of them can go past 10-11 watts without giving a burning taste; especially with fruit flavors. It seems to happen after about 20 minutes of vaping on the new coil. I'm priming it and letting it sit, doing all the correct steps etc.

Bird was saying that 12W is the magic number for burning for MTL, but now I'm finding it even lower, and the airflow doesn't seem to be part of it. Really great flavor...but even a slightly long drag seems to burn it at the end. I just got my 2nd pack of 2.0 coils, and the same thing is happening on this pack too. I'm pretty worried :/ If they're saying it's rated 10-16 watts...I think there's a problem. Let us know how it's doing for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jingles

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
Nice! Do me a favor and give those 2.0 coils a good testing. I'm on my third coil now, and none of them can go past 10-11 watts without giving a burning taste; especially with fruit flavors. It seems to happen after about 20 minutes of vaping on the new coil. I'm priming it and letting it sit, doing all the correct steps etc.

Bird was saying that 12W is the magic number for burning for MTL, but now I'm finding it even lower, and the airflow doesn't seem to be part of it. Really great flavor...but even a slightly long drag seems to burn it at the end. I just got my 2nd pack of 2.0 coils, and the same thing is happening on this pack too. I'm pretty worried :/ If they're saying it's rated 10-16 watts...I think there's a problem. Let us know how it's doing for you.

I switched juice after my first tank to some 65VG Lemonhead,airflow is about 1/4 open now and upped to 14 watts and no dry hits for me at all.I had it up to 16 watts for a bit as well just to see how it performed and it was fine just a bit warmer vape. I'm also using my Provari3 which is extremely accurate. What mod are you using? Maybe your feeding it more watts than it's reporting?

Reactions: drysprocket

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I switched juice after my first tank to some 65VG Lemonhead,airflow is about 1/4 open now and upped to 14 watts and no dry hits for me at all.I had it up to 16 watts for a bit as well just to see how it performed and it was fine just a bit warmer vape. I'm also using my Provari3 which is extremely accurate. What mod are you using? Maybe your feeding it more watts than it's reporting?

That's good to hear. Maybe it has something to do with the juices, I'll try some more. I'm using the evic VTC Mini primarily, but I threw it on a few different isticks as well and it didn't seem to make a difference. Did you get your coils from Vaporbeast?

I'm at 13.5 W's on my Innokin Disrupter. So far no burning, but I am not taking real long drags and have only had this tank for about 24 hours now...I will let you know if I run into any burning issues.

Nice, glad it's working. Do me a favor and take a couple long drags just for me and my curiosity ;)

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
That's good to hear. Maybe it has something to do with the juices, I'll try some more. I'm using the evic VTC Mini primarily, but I threw it on a few different isticks as well and it didn't seem to make a difference. Did you get your coils from Vaporbeast?

Yes I did. I am still on my first coil so maybe I just got lucky. I have noticed though quite a bit of leaking/condensation forming in the base and a bit coming out onto my mod through the 510. Not a huge fan of that but otherwise I'm satisfied with the tank/coils so far.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
So my first coil died today. Awful burnt taste. The odd thing is it wasn't tasting bad before I refilled it. It was after I refilled it and let it sit for a few minutes. I got 6 days on the coil maybe 15-20 mls. I have also experienced leakage. I think it has come out of the air flow control. This is not my only tank. I have 7 or 8 other tanks in rotation. I am not happy about the lifespan of this 1st 2.0 ohm coil.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
So my first coil died today. Awful burnt taste. The odd thing is it wasn't tasting bad before I refilled it. It was after I refilled it and let it sit for a few minutes. I got 6 days on the coil maybe 15-20 mls. I have also experienced leakage. I think it has come out of the air flow control. This is not my only tank. I have 7 or 8 other tanks in rotation. I am not happy about the lifespan of this 1st 2.0 ohm coil.

Bummer. Yeah after some more testing it turns out that my evic VTC mini was the culprit for my burning taste. With one tank I have a 50/50 custard tobacco juice at 14W and it's pure bliss. Love it beyond words.....but my other apex I'm running with a 40/60 pg/vg fruit juice, and it's not as great. Slightly muted flavor and it doesn't seem like it wicks as well with the juice. I'm getting minor dry hits at around 12W.

So I dunno yet. The jury is out on these 2.0 coils still. I really hope they do a 1.2 or 1.5 standard coil.

Oh, and if you watch the first video review that I posted at the start of this. That Scottish guy goes into how super easy these coils are to rebuild. I've never rebuilt a coil before, but this looks like something even I could do. Might be worth checking out; should make the value a lot better.

And sucks about the leakage, I've had none except for one time I overfilled. Was it a one time thing you think?

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
My juice is 50/50 and a fruit blend. I was running it at 13.5W's on my Innokin Disrupter. I put a new coil in tonight and am leaving it at 12W's for now. As for the leakage, it's possible that I have been overfilling it. I wonder though if this tank, like most sub ohm tanks, is designed for higher VG juices? I have also never rebuilt coils. Someday, I should try despite my arthritis and nearsightedness. Despite my initial enthusiasm, right now, I would say the jury is still out on this tank.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Oh, and if you watch the first video review that I posted at the start of this. That Scottish guy goes into how super easy these coils are to rebuild. I've never rebuilt a coil before, but this looks like something even I could do. Might be worth checking out; should make the value a lot better.

Ok, let's be fair, and accurate here.

He's talking about rewicking the heads. Something I've done with both the iSub and Kanger horizontal coils.
It's dead simple and extends the life of the head several times over.

Rebuilding the head is a different matter. The Kanger body is press fit and comes apart. Simply roll your coil and insert from the top, position the pos and neg legs, replace the insulator and bottom pin.
Bob's your uncle.
Same as, for example the rebuildable CLRs for the eGo One the Evics come with, or small EVOD style heads.

But while I understand some have re-coiled the iSub heads, I don't think the body comes apart.
That means compressing the coil and fitting it up through the bottom after the pin and insulator have been removed. Very fiddly work, I should think.
Or is it... in from the top, but lose the spitback grate? Hate to have to do that.

I'd like to hear I'm wrong, about any or all of that.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ok, let's be fair, and accurate here.

He's talking about rewicking the heads. Something I've done with both the iSub and Kanger horizontal coils.
It's dead simple and extends the life of the head several times over.

Rebuilding the head is a different matter. The Kanger body is press fit and comes apart. Simply roll your coil and insert from the top, position the pos and neg legs, replace the insulator and bottom pin.
Bob's your uncle.
Same as, for example the rebuildable CLRs for the eGo One the Evics come with, or small EVOD style heads.

But while I understand some have re-coiled the iSub heads, I don't think the body comes apart.
That means compressing the coil and fitting it up through the bottom after the pin and insulator have been removed. Very fiddly work, I should think.
Or is it... in from the top, but lose the spitback grate? Hate to have to do that.

I'd like to hear I'm wrong, about any or all of that.

You're right, it's not actually rebuilding, just rewicking I guess, as it's just putting in new cotton and you don't have to take it apart in any way. If I remember, it's just through the holes. But beyond that I'm outa my league, so not sure about the rest. I'll have to rewatch the video. I think there are lots of other videos on how to do this online too, since it's the same isub coils that have been around for awhile.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
It's the same heads, they haven't changed.

Yeah... through the juice holes and just snip even with the body or leave a mm or 2 and gently try to "pancake" them inside. Works a treat.

I'd still like to know both if they come apart, no... whether they go back together, LOL. And if not, if the screen can be repositioned. It doesn't seem like it can, and they spit enough that I'd hate to lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread