Innokin iSub Head Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
So I just tore down an iSub head to see if it could be rebuilt, and it can. It's not really that hard at all.

I don't have a camera atm so I will just have to explain the best I can. For anybody that has rebuilt any kanger heads, it's similar to rebuilding the iSub heads.

You will need a 3mm rod or screwdriver, a pair of tweezers, and of course kanthal/nickel and cotton.

You want to pull all of the cotton out of the coil first through the juice holes. Once all the cotton is out, put your 3mm screwdriver through the juice holes and through the coil. Slide one side of a pair of tweezers or something similar through the air at the bottom so you have leverage on both parts of the head. Then just give it a twist to break the press fit and pull it apart.

After that it's just like rebuilding any other coil head. You'll have the bottom part of the head, and the top with the coil held in place by an insulator.

There is a trick though. After you've built your coil (I recommend a 3mm coil using the same tool you use to take apart the head) and place it, you need to cut the leads VERY short. Once you have the insulator in place pinning one lead in between the insulator and the head itself, cut it so you can't see it. It needs to be THAT short. You also want to cut the inside lead short as well so that it's not sticking out when you press the two halves back together. If you don't cut those leads short, the head will short when you test it, which is also easy to do with any ohm reader since the head itself has the 510 on it.

Once you've got the whole thing back together, feed your cotton through, cut it flush with the head and tuck it inside so it's not sticking out.

That's it. Actually really easy to do.

Reactions: 5spike

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Awesome. I just ordered an MVP 3.0 Pro kit which comes with the iSub G -- I use RDA's 99% of the time since I usually like to switch flavors quite frequently, but it will be nice to have something that can hold a decent amount of juice for when I'm not home. Knowing that there is a (relatively) easy way to rebuild makes it even more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread