Innokin Isub

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainC

Feb 6, 2016
Not sure if this is right section but here it goes:

I have an Innokin Disruptor and Apex, when using the 0.5ohm coils and using ond hit wonder juices, I am getting burnt taste after like a day of use. I am priming the coils with 5-6 drops of juice and letting it sit but I am not getting the flavour as I do after the new coil is in. vaping at 25 watts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Welcome! Try this tip from another member?-

"There's a trick with horizontal coil heads where you gently work a thumb tack (or similar) from one side then the other (and repeat) so you create a loosened tunnel through the center of the coil.
    On a DRY, UNUSED coil head.
    It will actually allow an extra 5-10w headroom when you use it.
    Not so you can hotrod it, just so you can go a little warmer with better juice flow."

Maybe start @ 15-20W??

Lannie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    The windy plains of South Dakota
    I have these coils also, and they just don't last very long. I should clarify, it's not the COIL that doesn't last, it's the WICK. What I do is pull out the old wick, rinse the coil head under warm water, then either blow the excess water off or let it sit for a while until dry(ish). I have 10 coils I rotate between 3 tanks, so there are always a few sitting and drying out. ;) Then I dry burn the coil by screwing the atty onto a mod at 10 watts, and pulsing for 5 to 7 seconds each time until the last of the gunk is burned off. Then I put a new piece of wicking in it and I'm good to go.

I'm unfamiliar with the juices you're using, but I like sweet ones and I find they taste best if I change the atty out every day. I just make a point of doing that every morning - take the old one out, rinse it, pull the wick, set it aside, put a new (rewicked) coil in and off I go. Sometime later in the day when I have a few minutes to spare, I dry burn the coils and re-wick them and put them back in the "ready" bag.

I do this because it's quick and takes very little time, AND I am still using the same atomizers that I got six months ago. Still the same original coils, just rewicked every day or two. This makes it EXTREMELY cost effective for me. My only expense in six months has been for wicking (and I bought a box of that in bulk, so it's only cost me pennies so far).

~Lannie

IainC

Feb 6, 2016
    Welcome! Try this tip from another member?-

"There's a trick with horizontal coil heads where you gently work a thumb tack (or similar) from one side then the other (and repeat) so you create a loosened tunnel through the center of the coil.
    On a DRY, UNUSED coil head.
    It will actually allow an extra 5-10w headroom when you use it.
    Not so you can hotrod it, just so you can go a little warmer with better juice flow."

Maybe start @ 15-20W??

They state on them they are 20-35 watts

Lannie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    The windy plains of South Dakota
    I use rayon, actually, but wicking should be the same for either one. Cut a piece a little wider than the inside diameter of the wick and long enough that it will stick out both ends far enough to grab. Twist one end into a point and stick it in one of the holes, then kind of twist it in like you're screwing it into the coil. When it starts to come out the other side, grab it with fingers or tweezers and pull it the rest of the way through, tug it back and forth slightly to make sure it's snug in there, but not TOO tight, then clip the ends of flush with the barrel of the atomizer with nail clippers. That's it, and after you've done it a few times, it will take about 30 seconds to do that. Seriously. Good luck!

There's a video floating around somewhere on how to do this, but I don't remember where it is. Maybe you could search on YouTube for "Rewick iSub coil" or something, and that might bring it up. It's a lot easier to understand it if you can see it. :)

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I've had this issue too. What I've realized is that even though Innokin kills is with their mods, and their tanks are getting better....their coils are basically garbage in my experience.

The .5 coils specifically seem to burn out really quickly, even at the lower end of their recommended wattage. It seems to be hit and miss in a given pack; some are fine, but many just have a short life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread