Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Looks like innokin is going to be releasing another TC mod - the iTaste Hunter. Looks to be a “ruggidized” version of the Coolfire with the same 75W Aethon board.

Can’t figure out where the screen is. I’m guessing that the vertical bar on the side that appears to have LEDs in it is the battery status (even though it has a removable 18650). Perhaps the screen is the circular item on the side?

MVS has a listing for it at $70 for the full kit with tank. Could be interesting if the casing is waterproof/shockproof.
Innokin iTaste Hunter Starter Kit

Some screen caps from the Innokin site:
hunter.JPG
hunter2.JPG

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Wut? OK, I get the fire button and up/down buttons on the front, but what the hell is that giant button on the side for? It looks like a speaker on a ruggedized boom box. And what's with the 510 connector? The top deck in slanted there. Does the 510 poke up?

I really like my CF4 18650, and will probably add another to my stockpile. But what was Innokin thinking with this one? Reminds me of the same desperation I sensed in the new Kanger "look what the cat dragged home" mods they rushed out on Friday.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
MVP now has them in stock, and has more pics up. Turns out the round area is the screen.

This is one of those 'it's so ugly I like it' mods. Right now all they have is the kit with the tank (At $47.50). If they offer it as mod-only, I'll probably get one. No complaints at all about the performance of the Aethon chip in my Coolfire TC, so I expect this will perform as well.

screen.jpg

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Couldn’t resist getting one, and have been very happy with it. It has the same performance as the Coolfire TC 18650 but (at least to my eye) with a more interesting form factor.

The “bumpers” on it feel more like plastic than rubber, but give it a good grip. I finding it very comfortable to hold and fire. There is zero button or battery rattle, and the screen is clear and easy to read. The buttons have a nice clicky feel.

The battery door has a cutout so you can use a coin to unscrew it, but the knurling on the edges make that unnecessary. It’s easy to open and close securely by hand.

It looks best with a 22mm atty, but a 24mm on it is not horrible looking. I love the color (got it in Desert) – interesting, but not flashy.

The user guide is excellent – very readable. Innokin includes a lot of info on battery safety, which is great for new vapers, and even recommends visiting Mooch’s info on ECF (and provides a link to it) to read his battery tests. I was very impressed to see that!

Complaints: The 510 could be improved. As with the 510 on the Coolfire TC, it’s rather shallow. It works fine with most attys, but those with significantly protruding pins (such as the Limitless RDTA Plus) are really hard to thread in. Also, the lanyard clip on the side has very tight clearance to the mod body making it somewhat useless as a clip.

Some poor quality pics:
DES1.jpg
DES2.jpg
DES3.jpg

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    That's pretty awesome!! He probably won't get a Big Head over this- but I sure would, lol.

The user guide is excellent – very readable. Innokin includes a lot of info on battery safety, which is great for new vapers, and even recommends visiting Mooch’s info on ECF (and provides a link to it) to read his battery tests. I was very impressed to see that!

whodat2112

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    May 13, 2012
    Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
    Couldn’t resist getting one, and have been very happy with it. It has the same performance as the Coolfire TC 18650 but (at least to my eye) with a more interesting form factor.

The “bumpers” on it feel more like plastic than rubber, but give it a good grip. I finding it very comfortable to hold and fire. There is zero button or battery rattle, and the screen is clear and easy to read. The buttons have a nice clicky feel.

The battery door has a cutout so you can use a coin to unscrew it, but the knurling on the edges make that unnecessary. It’s easy to open and close securely by hand.

It looks best with a 22mm atty, but a 24mm on it is not horrible looking. I love the color (got it in Desert) – interesting, but not flashy.

Complaints: The 510 could be improved. As with the 510 on the Coolfire TC, it’s rather shallow. It works fine with most attys, but those with significantly protruding pins (such as the Limitless RDTA Plus) are really hard to thread in. Also, the lanyard clip on the side has very tight clearance to the mod body making it somewhat useless as a clip.

Some poor quality pics:
    View attachment 593767 View attachment 593769 View attachment 593771

Is the center pin spring loaded?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    How is the battery life?

I have a Coolfire 18650 and the Hunter supposedly uses the same internals, the Coolfire 18650 battery life is not good at all.

My wife uses a Coolfire 18650 and has never complained about battery life. Quite the opposite, the batteries last longer in it than they do her SVD 2.0.

What single 18650 mods have you used that get significantly better battery life?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread