Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
USA

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
I was about to purchase a kit from Fasttech, but than I watched Pbusardos video on it, and under load, it just doesn't have the performance for me.

The form factor is nice, and it has a lot of features, but I think I will be passing on this and just be getting another Vamo and some Panasonic 18650s from Fasttech for the same price.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I was about to purchase a kit from Fasttech, but than I watched Pbusardos video on it, and under load, it just doesn't have the performance for me.

The form factor is nice, and it has a lot of features, but I think I will be passing on this and just be getting another Vamo and some Panasonic 18650s from Fasttech for the same price.

What? You thought it would hit like a large battery device, i.e. Vamo, Zmax, SID? It's an 800 mAh ego battery with VV and VW. Of course it won't hit like a VAMO. It's for newbies or for those that don't want the large mods with them when they're out and about.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Like Todd, I'm kinda smitten with this. I don't need another mod, but I do know I need to know first hand how it works for me before I can recommend it to others/newbies. With that in mind, I am convinced I need one. Took me long enough eh. :)
I am the most smitten with the charger! Finally, they invented a retractable charger that's easy to carry around and use. Love it! Oh, and the style & grace of the iTaste itself is sweet too, and the menu looks easy to memorize even for us chronic crs peeps. (will see).
I even like the puff counter, for when I'm out and about without a plugin, or usb port or car without a lighter, I will know how many puffs I have left and will be able to alot my vapes to suit the time left.
Came to just bookmark, but you all know how that goes when the positive energy takes hold of our keyboard fingers..

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I've been using my iTaste on a homely makeshift lanyard as my go-to device for flitting around the house. I emailed Innokin sales asking for for an iTaste lanyard. Last night they replied saying that one will be out soon. :banana:

I've been so happy with my iTaste that I've ordered two more in a co-op. I keep juices that I vape a lot of in tanks on various larger VW devices. However, juices that I want to switch out more frequently go in HH.357 attys on smaller devices like the iTaste.

I don't care for high power vaping but people who do should take careful look at Phil Busardo's review.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I don't care for high power vaping but people who do should take careful look at Phil Busardo's review.

I was surprised at his review. I usually like his reviews but this was one where I thought he got picky on some things. Like using a 1 ohm attachment. Who is going to be vaping a 1 ohm attachment on this kind of pv?? So I think its a good device and perhaps Phil could have qualified what he said a bit more. I wouldn't say its under-powered, but as you point out if you want to vape at high volts it won't go up there. It hits 4.5 - 4.8 volts, similar to an ego twist.
On variable wattage it was good at 7 watts - then he jumps to 10 watts. A lot of people vape between 7-9 watts so why not test each wattage in between 7 and 10? Sometimes watching these reviews of vw devices its like the vw becomes an afterthought when it is really one of the main features of the device, and often the biggest reason some-one buys it.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Does the VW work until the battery hits 3.3 or does it shut down at 3.8 like the Kick sometimes does.

Phil's review indicates the iTaste's battery shuts off somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.3 to 3.4 volts. I've always charged mine when the light turns orange so I can't confirm with my specific iTaste. That said, I'm sure that Phil would have included the issue in his review if the iTaste's battery gave up the ghost at 3.8 volts.

I was surprised at his review. I usually like his reviews but this was one where I thought he got picky on some things. Like using a 1 ohm attachment. Who is going to be vaping a 1 ohm attachment on this kind of pv?? So I think its a good device and perhaps Phil could have qualified what he said a bit more. I wouldn't say its under-powered, but as you point out if you want to vape at high volts it won't go up there. It hits 4.5 - 4.8 volts, similar to an ego twist.
On variable wattage it was good at 7 watts - then he jumps to 10 watts. A lot of people vape between 7-9 watts so why not test each wattage in between 7 and 10? Sometimes watching these reviews of vw devices its like the vw becomes an afterthought when it is really one of the main features of the device, and often the biggest reason some-one buys it.

I generally like Phil's reviews as they always have useful performance numbers although I would agree that skipping between 7 watts and 10 watts was less than helpful for higher power vapers. I didn't understand including 1 ohms either. That's mechanical or DNA 20 territory.

However, it seemed more than passing strange to me that Phil got annoyed with the iTaste's power limitations. Until there is some sort of significant improvement in battery technology the power that the iTaste produces is all one can sanely expect for such a small device. The comments are particular puzzling given that Phil is an engineer so one would expect he would know this.

I also get the impression that Phil isn't long on reading directions and doesn't have a lot of patience with anything that doesn't fit his particular style of vaping. In one of his Zen atty reviews Phil had to have Zen come over to his house twice to build the thing. In his eRoll review he didn't seem to understand that taking a few puffs and putting the eRoll back in the PCC case was how one goes about using the device.

Phil's review of the AMP Tank was the most confusing review I've ever seen. I've got three of them and my experience was so dramatically different that it was impossible for me to get my head wrapped around the notion that he was reviewing the same device I was using. In my email exchange with Phil it turns out that he never contacted Avid to see if he got a defective device or was doing something silly with it. My strong preference would be that reviewers note any serious issues but contact the manufacturer to see if they got a faulty device or if user error might be a factor before posting a review.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I also get the impression that Phil isn't long on reading directions and doesn't have a lot of patience with anything that doesn't fit his particular style of vaping. In one of his Zen atty reviews Phil had to have Zen come over to his house twice to build the thing. In his eRoll review he didn't seem to understand that taking a few puffs and putting the eRoll back in the PCC case was how one goes about using the device.

Phil's review of the AMP Tank was the most confusing review I've ever seen. I've got three of them and my experience was so dramatically different that it was impossible for me to get my head wrapped around the notion that he was reviewing the same device I was using. In my email exchange with Phil it turns out that he never contacted Avid to see if he got a defective device or was doing something silly with it. My strong preference would be that reviewers note any serious issues but contact the manufacturer to see if they got a faulty device or if user error might be a factor before posting a review.
Hmmm... I have to agree! I've only watched a few of his reviews, the eRoll being one of them. I was amazed..... Lol.

The scary part is; all the noobs who believe every single word some of the YouTube reviewers utter. Even quoting them ad neuseam, like they are university professors or demi gods.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I generally like Phil's reviews as they always have useful performance numbers although I would agree that skipping between 7 watts and 10 watts was less than helpful for higher power vapers. I didn't understand including 1 ohms either. That's mechanical or DNA 20 territory.

I'm wondering if he had his charts set up from doing reviews of mechanical mods and so used the same parameters (starting at 1 ohm) with the iTaste v3. Its pretty ridiculous putting 1 ohms on that pv really. Maybe it reviewed the pv to suit the chart, instead of making the chart suit what the pv is designed for. I like a lot of his reviews and do pass them on to vapers often because he does a good job a lot of the time. But occasionally he seems to miss the point with a device. Which is what Dragonbone has said as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread