Status
Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I ordered the Pearl, and to be honest, I'm more excited about handing it over to a total newbie to try than I am to trying it myself. I have a feeling this is going to be one sweet beginners device, complete with the instruction book, proper decent tanks, easy to carry in pocket, including the charger!, and more. I want to try it too, of course, but I really want to see if this passes the test for the total dumbfounded beginner. I hope it passes the 6 month lifespan too.

Oh! Question. How does it VENT? Does the bottom cap blow off or is there an escape hatch or ?

buddywally

Jun 6, 2013
eugene, OR
I had one for about a week (silver).

It had become my "out and about" vape of choice; it's light, rather small and gave pretty good performance in the wattage range I usually use (8-10W).

Unfortunately it is now resting somewhere along the banks of the McKenzie River after it fell out of my stupid Gap shorts during a daddy-daycare fishing expedition last Monday. Also, didn't catch any fish.

Already have another kit ordered from FastTech.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Does anyone know how these are safety vented?

You might want to check with Innokin but I don't think this class of battery vents when they fail. I've got Twists from five different manufacturers and none have air holes for battery vents. One of my Joye brand chargers melted down when charging a Twist. The battery got very hot and failed but it didn't vent.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Looks pretty good with an evod or T3 as well. Protank does look a bit, well, odd... :laugh: but a "slim" carto tank with appropriate cone, looks pretty good, too.

A smaller glass tank would obviously look better but I don't think the Pro Tank looks terrible. You can also put an o-ring on the beauty ring so you can clip on an eGo type lanyard
iTaste-Pro_Tank-sml_zps1385b0ad.jpg

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Good idea with the O-ring on the flared cone.

I"m still trying to figure out how to attach a lanyard when using an ego threaded device... short of using an adapter. A 510 to ego, plus a short cone, does work, but sort of a nuisance. And I prefer the mechanical strength of the ego threads, so defeats that...

tyancey00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
st. Louis, Mo
me too. lets race to see who gets it first!

ok, Mine came last night. Charged it up and it is working fine this morning. It is the second one in my stash. I had ordered one of the old style earlier, and they switched it for the v 3.0... Now i have a back up. The first one was white so now i have Options!!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
When I push both buttons by the screen at the same time, it gives first ohms, then volts.

Let go, wait a sec, the press and hold either to get puff count (resets on power off) followed by either the watts or volts currently set. While that is displayed, you can raise or lower.

Yes, a great pocket sized backup!

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
...The manual says it will give 4 readouts when both + & - are pushed, but it only gives me the Ohms and the Batt level. Is this a typo in the manual?

Mine gives all four readouts as it indicates in the manual but you have to keep holding the buttons down. Pressing and holding the "+" and "-" together gives me oHms, battery voltage, number of puffs then the power level in that order. If I don't hold the buttons down and just press them only oHms and the battery voltage is displayed.

Pressing and holding either the "+" or "-" button first gives the number of puffs then the power level. I can only change my power level with the "+" or "-" button when the power level is being displayed. This is a good thing as it prevents accidentally changing the power level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread