Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
My review of the innokin “LEA 800”
innokin is on a roll… introducing the innokin Lea 800. The following is my review.

Lea800.jpg

Factory Specs:
Battery Measurements: 153mm (including the cap/cover)
Battery capacity: 650 mAh
Charge time: 3-4h
Input voltage: 4.5V~6.5V
Working voltage: 3.7V
Atomizer: 55mm (including .8ml tank cartridge)
Lea colors available: Dim Gray, Matte Black, Pearl White and Barbara Red

Basic Starter kit includes:
1 battery 650mAh
1 Lea 800 atomizer
5 Lea tank cartridges .8ml ea.
1 retractable USB mini cable for charging
1 Wall adapter
1 user manual

First Impressions:
It comes packaged in a very nice low profile box with magnetic lid. The box holds the Lea 800 battery, a separate box with 5 Lea .8ml tank cartridges (along with one in the atomizer), and another box with the retractable USB cable and wall charger, and of course the manual. The Lea battery comes in a nice velvet like packaging and is securely held to it via a ribbon. The Lea seems a bit shorter than the Leo, and definitely slimmer in design. The Barbara Red is a nice color that appeals to me, as well as the flat silver end cap and cartomizer cap that compliment the battery. The small push button on the battery is round and takes 3 taps to turn the Lea 800 on. This has become standard with the Lea and its siblings. I can live with that feature alone. The Lea 800 is light weight and easy to hold. I’m hoping the vape at least matches the original Lea (now dubbed the Lea 400).

Battery:
The battery as mentioned is 650mAh. Upon steady almost constant use it gave me about seven hours of vaping before needing charged. It is rather light in weight for it being 650 mAh. The Lea 800 is PT capable, having the same mini USB charging cable as the Lea and Leo under the bottom cap. The button is very small, but sticks out pretty well so it’s not difficult to activate. A small light ring around the button glows different colors according to how much charge is left in the battery. Green for good charge, yellow for medium, and red for low/no charge. No problems with it sticking or anything and works smoothly with every push. The cartomizer cover/cap screws onto the battery and is extra long, to cover your cartomizers. This is another new feature, as the original Lea cap/cover snaps onto the atomizer only.

Atomizer:
The atomizer is yet another proprietary atomizer but utilizes the 510 size. I tried the Innokin Kross dual coil cartomizer on the Lea 800 and it does work fine, but the Lea 800 atomizer cap only snaps onto the 800 atomizer. I also tried a Boge 510 cartomizer will fit and worked as well. This is a key feature in making the Lea series a very adaptable unit. The Lea atomizer tapers nicely, just like the Lea 400 (original). It too is a tank atomizer with a decent sized center tube, but utilizes a larger tank cartridge. From what I am told, ONLY the Lea 800 tank cartridges will fit it correctly (it will not fit the original Lea 400 tank cartridges). The tank atomizer is strictly for use with the tank cartridge. Small holes along the ‘waist’ of the atomizer/battery are the air holes.

Tank Cartridge:
The cartridge is a hard tip semi round. The tank is plugged on the bottom by a thin silicone plug that inserts into the tank bottom. The plug has a small hole in the center where the atomizer is allowed to piece inside to wick the e juice down to the atomizer. The tank holds about .8 ml of juice, twice what the original Lea holds. No poly fill was harmed in the making of this unit.
Charger:
The charger is a mini USB to standard USB cable. It has a nice long cord 15” length. The charger cable’s mini USB plugs right into the bottom of the Leo battery. The port is hidden by the end chrome cap which unscrews to reveal the port.

Vaping:
With a full charge in the battery I primed the 800 atomizer with one drop of Shaddock 16mg. I filled the cartridge tank up and inserted it into the atomizer. It took about 4 good puffs before I saw a decent amount of vapor. But once that atomizer warmed up all hell broke loose. I soon had an office full of fruity smelling clouds and my co-workers began asking questions. Before I knew it I pre-sold 2 sets. Sheesh! The taste was good, again like the original Lea not killer, but I could taste the shaddock (a light pear/lime flavor) through the primer. I can’t wait until the primer dissipates and it really kicks into high gear. The vapor its giving off now is a nice creamy thick vapor that I like. The kind that’ll choke a squirrel… the kind you can chew. Now my ejuice flavors typically don’t have a lot of TH, and I like it like that. However, I’m noticing something here that wasn’t in the original Lea 400… some throat tickling. Yeah, like someone is toying with my non-existent tonsils. I think we have a winner here!
Although I’m pre-empting the facts, I’m assuming the same 650mAh battery will last me about seven hours, so a second one would be needed to get me through a day.

Summary:
The INNOKIN Lea 800 is definitely an improvement over the original Lea 400. I’m enjoying the vape from it, as I really like the thick, sweet vapor. Price wise the Lea 800 is relative to the Lea Kross, Lea 400 and Boge Leo. The solid performing 650mAh 3.7v battery and oversized tank atomizer and cartridge will definitely give you the nicotine you need, as well as get you looks from vapers and non-vapers alike. Decent battery life, stealthy and eye catching, versatile and cutting edge. The Lea 800 is a really great tank atomizer style unit. The Lea 800’s size and ‘pen look alike’ styling, as well as the On/Off feature really make this the perfect “at the office” PV.

Ratings
Kit Contents: 10/10 Seems to be everything you need to get you started on a great PV
Battery Life: 7/10 There are higher mAh batteries out there, and a 2 battery set is needed.
Looks: 10/10 Stealthy and sexy at the same time.
Quality: 10/10 Well crafted, durable and the one of the best PVs in its class.
Flavor: 7.5/10 One of the best flavors from a tank system out there… room for improvement though.
Vapor: 8.5/10 Nice plumes of vapor.
TH: 7.5/10 Seems to be my sweet spot, others may want more (see the Lea Kross Review)

UPDATE:
It took about 2 tanks for the primer to completely wear off. The Innokin Lea 800 has kicked into high gear and is now vaping like a champ. Very good flavor, and very nice vapor. I'd actually have to upgrade my Flavor Rating to an 8.5 now. A complete point since the primer has burned off. I'm really impressed with the new 800 model Lea tank atomizer. They did some very nice work on making it better.

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
From what I can see the Lea (400), Lea 800, Lea Kross all have the same guts (inside). They all have a 510 fitting, 650mAh, PT capable mini-USB port, etc. However the Lea Kross battery has threading at the top end, and so does the Kross cartomizer cap. This is because the Kross cap can fit over a cartomizer and screws onto the battery. Whereas the regular Lea and Lea 800 atomizer caps snap onto the atomizer (not the battery).

You can use the Lea Kross dual coil cartomizers on any Lea model, but only the Kross cap fits over the cartomizer and screws onto the Kross battery. Any Lea atomizer will fit any Lea battery, however only the 800 atomizer cap snaps onto the 800 atomizer. The same goes for the Lea 400.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Thanks, Thom! Sounds like a Lea Kross battery (and cap) would be great for me, for use with cartomizers.

I'm really enjoying the more slender form factor of my Elite 808. The Lea is a bit wider, but has the same mAh as an eGo while being sleek (and having that clip cap) ... and enabling use of the wide range of 510-fitting cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread