AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
making sure there is no confusion, during charging, Green is 60%-100%
the Green will go Out/Off when full 100% charged...

jus sayin'
. :headbang:

Usually. But one of my CF4s will charge to only 4.15v, and the green light *rarely* goes out. It will occasionally, if I get busy and forget I have it plugged in, but even if the green light goes off, it still only charges up to 4.15v.

Andria

Reactions: DaveP

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
yepper, Li-ion 4.15 rounds up to 4.2 ; so it's a THIN LINE :shock:

but innokin sets their chips so to extinguish the green light upon reaching whatever full charge it achieves

:)

I have two new cf4 and one does 4.12v, other 4.20v consistently - weird

Yeah my pink one is the only one that will go all the way to 4.2; the silver one will go to 4.18 -- and both of those, the green light goes out immediately on reaching either 4.2 or 4.18 -- the red one will only go to 4.15, and sometimes if it's been quite long enough, I'll check it and the light is still on... I unplug and check the voltage and it says 4.15... won't go any higher, and only sometimes does the light go out.

Andria

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
making sure there is no confusion, during charging, Green is 60%-100%
the Green will go Out/Off when full 100% charged...

jus sayin'
. :headbang:

Yes, I knew that it was probably charged at a mid level, as LiMn batts are commonly shipped at a storage level. It only took an hour for the green LED to extinguish on my USB wall charger.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
On my only Coolfire IV the LED doesn't go out while charging. I have to go over and unplug, then re-plug the USB cable. If it's charged, the LED comes on and then goes out. That's become my test for full charge. There's obviously a glitch in the charging logic.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It shouldn't take 6 or more hours to charge a 2000 mah battery.

I'm more and more convinced the CF4 is a low end device designed to compete with the Istick. It's like Innokin is selling the Audi MVP beside the Volkswagen CF4.

I have an inline digital voltage/current tester that plugs between the device and the USB source. On just about all my USB devices is shows +/- 800ma when charging on my 2.4A 4 port wall charger. My LG G3 phone does the same. I think that current limiting resistors in most all the USB devices are set to limit charge to that level. On the MVP 3.0 Pro it shows .82A (820ma) with the MVP showing battery at a little over half on the display.

The USB volt/ampmeter is a great little device for around $12 from Amazon.
Amazon.com: AboveTEK® USB Power Meter USB Current Meter - Also Working as USB 2.0 Hub with Two USB Ports for Charging and Data Sync - Portable USB Power Monitor USB Current Monitor USB Charging Tester and USB Monitor Adapter - Dual Bright LED Display for Concurrent Real-Time USB Current and Voltage Monitor - Two Colors Clear View for Amp and Volt Readers - Great Outdoor Visibility Under Strong Sunlight - Premium Build Quality: Computers & Accessories
41ncOFERV1L.jpg

Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
It shouldn't take 6 or more hours to charge a 2000 mah battery.

I'm more and more convinced the CF4 is a low end device designed to compete with the Istick. It's like Innokin is selling the Audi MVP beside the Volkswagen CF4.

That's hilarious. The Istick doesn't even belong on the same shelf with any innokin product.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
On my only Coolfire IV the LED doesn't go out while charging. I have to go over and unplug, then re-plug the USB cable. If it's charged, the LED comes on and then goes out. That's become my test for full charge. There's obviously a glitch in the charging logic.
That is what I do with mine. The light does goes out on all of them...but there are a couple that I will unplug and re-plug to be sure it's completely charged. The green light will go back on with the re-plug...but not for long. It will help push the charge from 4.1 to 4.2. My Coolfire seems to charge all the way every time, so I don't have to do the re-plug thing with it.

Reactions: DaveP

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
every Innokin that I have had, the green light stays ON until charge complete (then goes off)

which in the beginning (way way back- in 2013) confused me because 'others' ,when they turned green, charge was over :unsure:

I have a CF4 & TC40W on my desk in front of me, I prefer the TC40

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
That's hilarious. The Istick doesn't even belong on the same shelf with any innokin product.

I'd agree for the iStick 50w. I went through two of them during the warranty period before asking to be swapped over to the Coolfire 4. The CF4 has been rock solid.

My iStick 20W has been working hard for almost two years. It's a shame that it isn't calibrated properly for output voltage and wattage. For a 2 ohm coil I have to turn it down to minimum output. You can forget using anything under 2 ohms. It will be too hot. That said, it's one of my backups for when I need to stealth vape with a 2 ohm coil.

Innokin is a much better company for quality and precision, though.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Update: My MVP 3.0 Pro finally flashed the charge plug symbol in the battery icon. I vaped at 10W from yesterday morning about 9:30am until the next day at around 5pm.

The initial charge may deliver less than subsequent charges as the new battery conditions itself and achieves full charge level. The first charge was from a storage level charge to full. This one will be the first complete cycle and may yield a few more hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread