Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
It's not a question of "bugs", it's a question of being able to add improvements and new features. As usual, Innokin shows up a day late and a dollar short.
Maybe they are a little slow with the "improvements" that other manufacturers come up with ...but that could be seen as a good thing. They can observe what is good and bad about various innovations, and when they decide to put out their own version, it's done right. Being "first" doesn't always mean best.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Quite so, Fourth.

OTOH, as new materials come around for coils, the ability to upgrade the firmware / TCR may become important.

Conversely, getting it on the market before Aug 8, so they can keep selling them for the following 2 years...

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
To me, not planning for future improvements is being very short sighted. Then again with the FDA it may all be a moot point. New materials are always a possibility as are refinements/feature changes to exiting firmware. Being first with junk is one thing, being last with a "set in stone" version is a whole other thing though.

Reactions: DavidOck

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
I have two mods by Koopor that are firmware upgrade-able, but the upgrades have to be done by a vendor. Meaning shipping mods to vendor and waiting for them to be returned.
That's not a good situation.
I have no problem with Innokin not making their mods firmware upgrade-able.
Their products are top notch in my opinion.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
To me, not planning for future improvements is being very short sighted. Then again with the FDA it may all be a moot point. New materials are always a possibility as are refinements/feature changes to exiting firmware. Being first with junk is one thing, being last with a "set in stone" version is a whole other thing though.
I agree mate, but IMO Innokin doesn't really target the vaper who needs firmware updates.

Personally for the most part I won't purchase a device without upgrade abilities now, but I would purchase a CF4 18650 if it had TCR since I don't use 316 but SS430. So I will instead grab a Pico when I'm ready to get another mod to let a kayfun live on.

No TCR on a TC device is a fail these days.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
that's the one I got - Limited Edition Travel Kit

curious to try out this new 'AETHON' control board...

I came into this game mainly with the mighty MVP 2.0
maybe this will be the modern day equivalence...

I bought so many 18650 mods as of late I need no more,
but since this was realeased, I just gotta try one... :D

upload_2016-6-1_13-37-0.png

upload_2016-6-1_13-38-5.png
:evil:
VapeSmart

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
They also have the Travel Kit for 41.95

Yep, saw that. I like the Isub tanks very much, so I figured I'll try the "V" for roughly 7-8 bucks. (difference in price between travel kit and full kit), and I really have no need for a small case, or a battery tester.

Reactions: gnees
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread