Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I'm the proud owner a new CoolFire II and I'm totally impressed with the quality of build and the vape on this little beastie. Won it in a "pick your prize" contest. When I saw that they still had them in stock I had to have it.
So I thought I'd join in here and see what else innokin has up it's sleeve. That Itaste Hunter looks very cool but way outta my league vape wise. I'm strictly VV/VW 15w or so range.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'm the proud owner a new CoolFire II and I'm totally impressed with the quality of build and the Vape on this little beastie. Won it in a "pick your prize" contest. When I saw that they still had them in stock I had to have it.
So I thought I'd join in here and see what else Innokin has up it's sleeve. That Itaste Hunter looks very cool but way outta my league vape wise. I'm strictly VV/VW 15w or so range.

Gotta ask why you say that? My wife, a tootle puffer, is using and Evolv DNA75 and a DNA200 as her "got to" mods at 15 to 30 watts in TC mode and down at 7-10 watts in power mode. Just because a device can produce the power doesn't mean it has to be used at that power level. Heck, I'm a MTL vaper and rarely go over 40 watts even though I'm using stuff that can go to 200.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Gotta ask why you say that? My wife, a tootle puffer, is using and Evolv DNA75 and a DNA200 as her "got to" mods at 15 to 30 watts in TC mode and down at 7-10 watts in power mode. Just because a device can produce the power doesn't mean it has to be used at that power level. Heck, I'm a MTL vaper and rarely go over 40 watts even though I'm using stuff that can go to 200.

Been told that same thing too many times. It ain't so, in my experience. Yes this new stuff will show low numbers. But they're not intended for low performance and can't do it. Tried it with several different Mods that have passed thru my hands andevery time they
Fried my fragile little cotton wicks in my PT 2s within a few Puffs.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Been told that same thing too many times. It ain't so, in my experience. Yes this new stuff will show low numbers. But they're not intended for low performance and can't do it. Tried it with several different Mods that have passed thru my hands andevery time they

Vape to taste not a number. I use PT heads and keep wattage in single digits.

The VV3, VV4, SVD2, CFIV 40w, Defender 50w and Radius 40w will all vape the same to me. I need to adjust the watts a little bit but once I have found the sweet spot I am good.

The one thing they have in common is the power delivery. All a nice straight line at 6w. No PWM.

The Hunter looks decent. Will have to check on the chart guys site for the power delivery. I have no interest in double digit watts or TC. Just a solid dependable mod with replaceable batteries.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012

Maybe switch from cotton wicks to rayon, way more durable and try a well regulated device like the Hunter. You may be very surprised.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
That's my experience too. Not all of them step down power even though the screen may say so. I discovered that with the 30w ipv, which did do step down and the higher power versions didn't but looked like they did. There's a thread on that somewhere, of course. I'm just not good at bookmarking them since I usually don't get into power stuff. It is the way it is. I've abandoned lower power tanks to compensate.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
all my mods are 75w, 100w and I vape TC & .5Ω to 1.8Ω / 9-15w with no troubles...

I just use the special buttons provided by the manufacturer :p

upload_2016-9-9_15-52-21.png

upload_2016-9-9_15-53-5.png
:)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
That's my experience too. Not all of them step down power even though the screen may say so. I discovered that with the 30w ipv, which did do step down and the higher power versions didn't but looked like they did. There's a thread on that somewhere, of course. I'm just not good at bookmarking them since I usually don't get into power stuff. It is the way it is. I've abandoned lower power tanks to compensate.

Yeah, I've heard some do and some don't. Think I tried 3 (prizes I won and passed on) and none of them did. I like the look of a lotta the new stuff but no interest in changing my vape any more than I have. I have moved on to better tanks and build at 1.3 ohm cuz that's about as low as all but 1 of my mods will fire and I'm enjoying it.
I've got a lifetime supply of 18350 Mods and the last thing I'm gonna do is abandon them. Tried Rayon, tastes like a bandaid to me. Only have a small tuft of it, given to me to try. But I've probably got a lifetime supply of cotton (for this old man) why switch? I'll just hang out here and check out the look of the new stuff and be happy that some folks are enjoying them.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Tried cotton, tasted like wet socks. Stuck with silica for a while, then found rayon. I will say you need to be careful with the source of the rayon and have clean hands when wicking with it. It will absorb skin oils and random smells in the air, kind of like what happens with some foods in the fridge.

A chipset that truly regulates, unlike a lot of stuff (KB160 for example) will easily go down to its rated low levels with no problem. While I don't have the Hunter, I do have faith in Innokin to actually deliver what they advertise. With the DNA and eScribe, I can actually see what it's doing and it does go down to seven watts, as advertised, even the DNA200.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Tried cotton, tasted like wet socks. Stuck with silica for a while, then found rayon. I will say you need to be careful with the source of the rayon and have clean hands when wicking with it. It will absorb skin oils and random smells in the air, kind of like what happens with some foods in the fridge.

A chipset that truly regulates, unlike a lot of stuff (KB160 for example) will easily go down to its rated low levels with no problem. While I don't have the Hunter, I do have faith in Innokin to actually deliver what they advertise. With the DNA and eScribe, I can actually see what it's doing and it does go down to seven watts, as advertised, even the DNA200.
I agree. I think if Innokin were tested that they include step down.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Few more pics.
96f27992beeacb80b1b8384c4c00dac1.jpg
a8838b7938dfbdcc8f528b9412750c5f.jpg
face0d8325d39fda27e1a1891e256346.jpg
edfb6ca3887050c44e1b642018883ff7.jpg
6e216ee6a422fc999a8f1d320cec2cdb.jpg

I can't stress enough how solid this thing is. If they issued out vape mods in the military, this would be standard issue.

Dammyou and your great pics, Deepfried! DPL was interested in this one. I was not. Now I am!!!

Space. I need more mod real estate, and I need it kwickly!!!!!

That's a shame, Foggy. I'm not sure what you've used that fried your coils, but I know from my experience as a TRUE TPuffer, I use all sorts of high wattage devices, but still at my little "mens sock size" wattage (9-11). I'm curious how your experience was so poor.

Vape to taste not a number. I use PT heads and keep wattage in single digits.

The VV3, VV4, SVD2, CFIV 40w, Defender 50w and Radius 40w will all vape the same to me. I need to adjust the watts a little bit but once I have found the sweet spot I am good.

The one thing they have in common is the power delivery. All a nice straight line at 6w. No PWM.

The Hunter looks decent. Will have to check on the chart guys site for the power delivery. I have no interest in double digit watts or TC. Just a solid dependable mod with replaceable batteries.

^^^^^ ME ^^^^^

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Dammyou and your great pics, Deepfried! DPL was interested in this one. I was not. Now I am!!!

Space. I need more mod real estate, and I need it kwickly!!!!!

That's a shame, Foggy. I'm not sure what you've used that fried your coils, but I know from my experience as a TRUE TPuffer, I use all sorts of high wattage devices, but still at my little "mens sock size" wattage (9-11). I'm curious how your experience was so poor.

^^^^^ ME ^^^^^
[emoji4] [emoji8] [emoji56] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm the proud owner a new CoolFire II and I'm totally impressed with the quality of build and the Vape on this little beastie. Won it in a "pick your prize" contest. When I saw that they still had them in stock I had to have it.
So I thought I'd join in here and see what else Innokin has up it's sleeve. That Itaste Hunter looks very cool but way outta my league vape wise. I'm strictly VV/VW 15w or so range.
Congratulations, Foggy. I love the deuce, and still prefer it over the later releases. I think Kat's starting to come around to the same conclusion, because she mentioned that she'll likely pull the brand new gold one off the classies.

She probably already has by now. They're MARVELOUS mods!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
That's a shame, Foggy. I'm not sure what you've used that fried your coils, but I know from my experience as a TRUE TPuffer, I use all sorts of high wattage devices, but still at my little "mens sock size" wattage (9-11). I'm curious how your experience was so poor

Maybe this is the thing Kat... I don't consider my experience to have been "poor". It just wasn't what everyone else wants it to be. I'm quite content with my vape just as it is. The only reason I even tried other devices is cuz I won them. The mini Cloupor+ 60w(?) Was the first. Tried it, didn't work for me. So. Do I decide to chuck all my Evod tanks and go on a search for a 'better' tank to work with the mod? Of course not, I traded the Cloupor for a bucket load of PT 2s! Made a great friend and vaped on. Next was the Movkin Luggly. Not for me, traded it with someone who bought and shipped to me a brand new Mini Istick 10w. Happy camper here. Koopor plus 200w(?), that monster bought me a pile of DIY flavors.

On and on. Currently have a Cloupor T8 that has never had a battery in it. Held that brick in my hand once and put it back in its box. Currently waiting for a Cuboid/QuadFlex package to arrive, the mod will be sent off in trade for 2 Eleaf Icare as soon as it gets here. Hoping the tank will work as well as my Lemos at 1.3 ohm. I'm really thinking those Icares may be my perfect forever vape that will relegate my collection of classic gear to backup status. I'll find out soon enuf.

I just get my hackles up occasionally when I see that statement about a 200w device operating at 7w. Maybe some do? I usually ignore it but once in awhile I make the mistake of responding to it and it starts this whole rigamarole of your doing this wrong or you've got to try this. Why? What am I doing wrong? My vape is working for me. I'm sure I could make adjustments to get exactly the same vape with a higher power device, but if have to do that, how can it be called the same? Must be that my equipment is faulty.

Oh well. If anyone is reading this as a rant you're mistaking my intent. Just a feeble attempt to be understood. I need to learn to stop responding to that 200w doing 7w thing. Self control, Foggy, self control. :) Very sorry if I've offended.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Oh well. If anyone is reading this as a rant you're mistaking my intent. Just a feeble attempt to be understood. I need to learn to stop responding to that 200w doing 7w thing. Self control, Foggy, self control. :) Very sorry if I've offended.

If anyone's offended, they're offensive :)

I've not gotten anything capable of that high a power level, but do have several that can go to 75. For me, they all do fine at my typical 8 - 9 watts, pumped into (usually) a Kayfun built to 1.5 - 1.8 Ω.

And, while I've not kept up on test results, there used to be many that did poorly at the bottom end. IStick 20 is one prime example.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Maybe this is the thing Kat... I don't consider my experience to have been "poor". It just wasn't what everyone else wants it to be. I'm quite content with my vape just as it is. The only reason I even tried other devices is cuz I won them. The mini Cloupor+ 60w(?) Was the first. Tried it, didn't work for me. So. Do I decide to chuck all my Evod tanks and go on a search for a 'better' tank to work with the mod? Of course not, I traded the Cloupor for a bucket load of PT 2s! Made a great friend and vaped on. Next was the Movkin Luggly. Not for me, traded it with someone who bought and shipped to me a brand new Mini Istick 10w. Happy camper here. Koopor plus 200w(?), that monster bought me a pile of DIY flavors.

On and on. Currently have a Cloupor T8 that has never had a battery in it. Held that brick in my hand once and put it back in its box. Currently waiting for a Cuboid/QuadFlex package to arrive, the mod will be sent off in trade for 2 Eleaf Icare as soon as it gets here. Hoping the tank will work as well as my Lemos at 1.3 ohm. I'm really thinking those Icares may be my perfect forever vape that will relegate my collection of classic gear to backup status. I'll find out soon enuf.

I just get my hackles up occasionally when I see that statement about a 200w device operating at 7w. Maybe some do? I usually ignore it but once in awhile I make the mistake of responding to it and it starts this whole rigamarole of your doing this wrong or you've got to try this. Why? What am I doing wrong? My vape is working for me. I'm sure I could make adjustments to get exactly the same vape with a higher power device, but if have to do that, how can it be called the same? Must be that my equipment is faulty.

I was not trying to start a war or appear critical at all, just trying to understand where you're coming from and why you've had such bad experiences with high power mods. I completely understand the "I'm happy where I'm at" attitude and I have been there and done that as well. In fact I wrote a rant about not wanting to vape on something that looked like the pressure relief valve for a boiler that ended up getting used in at least one, online, e-cig blog/site a few years ago.

What I will say is that there are, indeed, 200 watt devices that can and do work down to seven watts. That is not necessarily the waste it would appear to be, look at what battery life would be like. Apparently, you haven't been exposed to one, yet, but it could happen. I, too, was happy at fifteen watts, maximum, for a fairly long time. My experience was that I evolved (no pun intended) to higher power with atomizers, wicks and wires that support those higher power levels. I still don't go over 40 watts, normally, but that can evolve as well.

The point is having devices that are capable of a full range of power to accommodate whatever I, or perhaps you, might evolve into over the long haul. Given the FDA deeming, that might not be such a bad idea in the long run.

That's the beauty of vaping, we can all enjoy what works best for us.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If anyone's offended, they're offensive :)

I've not gotten anything capable of that high a power level, but do have several that can go to 75. For me, they all do fine at my typical 8 - 9 watts, pumped into (usually) a Kayfun built to 1.5 - 1.8 Ω.

And, while I've not kept up on test results, there used to be many that did poorly at the bottom end. IStick 20 is one prime example.

I too have had zero problems with higher power mods, even vaping at my wicked-hot 11 watts (of PURE, RAW POWER!). :cool:

I'm currently running that level on one DNA75, and one Yihi "450". Vape is smooth as silk on both (along with a bunch of DNA40 mods).

Happily tootling along, I. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread