Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
What's the weight like on the CF4? Is it more like the MVP2, or lighter?

in Grams:

147 - Coolfire IV (2000mah)
143 - MVP 2.0 (11w) (2600mah)

92 - istick 30w (2200mah)
206 - MVP (30w) (3800mah)
232 - eVic VT (5000mah)

:)

athousandyears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Texas
My Disrupter came in the mail yesterday. I'm using it with a KF V4 at 1.3 ohms. A couple of times it has read the coil as 3 ohms or higher and applied the voltage accordingly. Burnt nasty. I've been using the KF for some time with a Vapor Shark and never had it jump ohms. Has anyone else seen this happening with the Disrupter?

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Disruptor and Cool Fire IV will have the same battery life (unless running the Disruptor @ 50w), the MVP much more. Given those 3 options (which I was previously) I got the CF4 and would do it again, between the Disruptor and MVP I would go with the Disruptor. There will be larger batteries available soon.

athousandyears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Texas
My Disrupter came in the mail yesterday. I'm using it with a KF V4 at 1.3 ohms. A couple of times it has read the coil as 3 ohms or higher and applied the voltage accordingly. Burnt nasty. I've been using the KF for some time with a Vapor Shark and never had it jump ohms. Has anyone else seen this happening with the Disrupter?

Well, I think I figured it out. I didn't have a solid connection with the 510. I lengthened the 510 on the atty and everything seems fine now.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Disruptor and Cool Fire IV will have the same battery life (unless running the Disruptor @ 50w), the MVP much more. Given those 3 options (which I was previously) I got the CF4 and would do it again, between the Disruptor and MVP I would go with the Disruptor. There will be larger batteries available soon.

I'm hoping that's true about the larger batteries available for the Disrupter. I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of mine. But since it's coming from China, it may be awhile. On the plus side, though, it's free! :D

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
Yes, yes I would. My biggest dislike on all the controlled devices, is you have to hang a tank on them.No matter how you do it, it looks stupid, feels stupid, and is indeed an awkward Frankenstein device. Take something like the gizmo (or) even L-shaped, add temp control with say up to 50 or so watts, then it all makes sense. Like an eGrip but with TC and a changeable tank.

Max

Beautiful device, but what else would you expect from the people who brought us the Jaguar? I'm kind of spoiled by the regulated electronics though.
Gives me some ideas... Maybe stretched, for an 18650... DNA 40-50W board... If I can get it right, would anybody buy one???

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I've loved my MVPs (2 &20W) as far as battery life and reliability and I have come to trust the Innokin brand, but they just felt awkward in my hand. The CF4 fixes that and I am every bit as happy with much greater comfort. I ordered and received 2 more this past week.

InfernoOrangeSS

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Pelham, AL
in Grams:

147 - Coolfire IV (2000mah)
143 - MVP 2.0 (11w) (2600mah)

92 - iStick 30w (2200mah)
206 - MVP (30w) (3800mah)
232 - eVic VT (5000mah)

:)
Thank you! That perfectly illustrated what I needed to know. Many thanks!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
So I had gotten my vape mail today. A black mvp 3 and a purple cool fire iv but my mvp won't fire anything I put on it. It always just flashes the ohm symbol no matter what I put on it. I tried it with two eleaf gs airs and I put my old ego tank on the adapter and tried that and it never fired any of them.

Tried them on the coolfire I got my wife and they all work fine. I've already sent an email to vapordna but its just annoying.

I got my replacement for my defective MVP pro yesterday and it's going perfect. Only been using about 15-19 watts so far
(gotta get a new tank to run it up higher ;)) and in about 18 hours so far and I've only used one bar. I'm loving this thing

well now, that's GREAT to hear ! !

so what became of the Black MVP Pro ?

is it yours to keep, or you required to send it back ??

either way - hats off to VaporDNA for some good service... !

:thumbs:

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
well now, that's GREAT to hear ! !

so what became of the Black MVP Pro ?

is it yours to keep, or you required to send it back ??

either way - hats off to VaporDNA for some good service... !

:thumbs:
It's mine to keep and the charging section of it works of it so I pretty much got a decent little charger pack out of the black one.

Dreamer13

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia
My MVP 3.0 started getting wacky resistance readings, so back to MBV it went in today's mail. An MVP 3.0 Pro will be on its way to me soon. I don't expect a lot out of my istick 50, so I'm looking for a(nother) backup mod...thinking about the CoolFire 4. Is everybody here still happy with theirs?

Still love mine, not a single issue out of it. Thinking about getting a green, etched one actually.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Still love mine, not a single issue out of it. Thinking about getting a green, etched one actually.

Do it. Don't even think twice! I am abstolutely lovin' mine.

coolfire collage.jpg

DPLongo has the Phini Dolphin logo and it is also outstanding!

phini dolphin logo dpl.jpg

(both of these have the Sparkly finish)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
These are done by Phiniac. They've got the CF4, the 'Stick 30, and the 'Stick 50w. Allllllllll different designs available, and 3 different powder coated finishes.

They really do some nice work,,,,,,,,, big time!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Whats the scooop on the etched ones? Is a member doing these or what? Very sexy :wub:

Phiniac. And the price is MORE than reasonable. I wouldn't even consider not doing one of theirs now that I've tried both. The work is amazing.

My stock one got a small scratch within a day or two. Nothing bad, and NO problem, but the Phiniac ones will NOT scratch easily (if at all). And still under $50 smackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread