Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I can only relate my own experiences and they are limited to an Invader Mini running titanium and rayon. I do suspect that there are major differences in how TC works from device to device depending on the chipset and firmware used to control temperature and power. My liquids are not extreme gunkers, but do include EM, caramel, chcocolate and cappuccino. I am experiencing a least a fourfold increase in build life, so far. I'll also be trying a, true, DNA40 chip powered device by early next week and a DNA200 powered device in the very near future. I am hoping, and think, they will perform at least on a par with the Invader Mini.

Reactions: gerrymi

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
fb this morning
"We proudly introduce the new Disrupter°TC, the newly styled curved InnokinCell and the new ATC-Atlas Innokin Advanced Temperature Control System!
The new Innokin ATC System uses a revolutionary new temperature control technology which is very easy to use and accurately maintains the set temperature within 5° for as long as you vape! No Dry Hits, No Burning and No Limits! This new Innokin ATC System can use Kanthal and other standard coil wire types and is totally different from current temperature control technologies.
We want to hear what you think and we want you to have a chance to win! We will be running Giveaways here on our Facebook page as well as in person at ECC2015 throughout the weekend! Check back here soon for your chance to win!
Drop by the Innokin booth in building 9 Booth [HASHTAG]#1414[/HASHTAG] and say Hi to George, Mike and the team and try out the new Disrupter°TC, ATC-Atlas and the new iSub-Apex for yourself!
Have a great day and Good Luck! See you soon!"

Thanks for sharing Paul, I made a thread about this over at the TC forum here.

Really interested to see how this works.

Eric

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks for sharing Paul, I made a thread about this over at the TC forum here.

Really interested to see how this works.

Eric

Anybody got a link for that Disruptor TC? I'd love to see what it looks like.

Andria

Nevermind, I found your thread. :thumb:

Andria

Reactions: Eric Auer

caroloto

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Freeport, IL
I been wanting a Coolfire 4, kept putting off ordering one and was hoping I would win one from Innokin which didn't happen as I never been one of those to win things.

Anyway I went ahead and order one along with a Kanger subtank mini for a friend whom loves mine subtank. Breezy was having a great sale and sent me a coupon for 30% off, they only had the silver CF4 left in stock. The CF4 and Kanger Subtank came on Monday (yesterday) and now I wish I had went ahead and order one months ago!

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I been wanting a Coolfire 4, kept putting off ordering one and was hoping I would win one from Innokin which didn't happen as I never been one of those to win things.

Anyway I went ahead and order one along with a Kanger subtank mini for a friend whom loves mine subtank. Breezy was having a great sale and sent me a coupon for 30% off, they only had the silver CF4 left in stock. The CF4 and Kanger Subtank came on Monday (yesterday) and now I wish I had went ahead and order one months ago!
It is a great device. I have had mine since father's day, dropped it a few times and pocket carried it quite a bit. Still looks and functions like new.

Anyone seen silicone sleeves selling for the CF4 yet? The vertical brush strokes of the aluminum make the device quite slippery.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Anyone seen silicone sleeves selling for the CF4 yet? The vertical brush strokes of the aluminum make the device quite slippery.

Not so slippery when they have a finish.....

(by Phiniac)
coolfire collage.jpg

caroloto

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Freeport, IL
It is a great device. I have had mine since father's day, dropped it a few times and pocket carried it quite a bit. Still looks and functions like new.

I too would like to get a silicone sleeve too and have done some searching too . So far no luck.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Who is Vaping Mall? Same town as madvapes

don't know, but they are like spamming me as of late
makes me think of a bad infomercial late night
(who the heck gave them my email addy ?) :grr:

- - -

"Got the urge to get something new."

so did you end up buying a new device ? ?

SO MUCH out there
I don't hate the Disrupter (I'm just not sold on it yet)

gotta say this Temp Control has got me curious ! :blink::blush:

me, I'm still not concerned about Wattage (high power)
but big battery, and TC has an allure...

MVP 3 Pro is holding price (no TC)
CFIV (only 2000ma)

Joyetech / eLeaf has some good looking gear

the rest doesn't seem to interest me... ($$)

:matrix:

Vape≈Crazy

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
The one thing I will say about these new zillion watt chips is they do perform at low wattage/voltages. The first DNA 30 chips would not go below 4 volts no matter what the wattage setting. When selecting a new device make certain the output can be reduced to below 4 volts so one may vape at higher ohm and lower wattage. The output voltage range is not always listed by vendors. I received a Vaporshark Rdna 40 as a gift. It does fine at 8-10 watts and 1.5-1.8 ohms. Also I tried the temp control. Not impressed. If you vape at lower wattages (cool vape) at .5 ohms the TC causes the device to fire off and on to maintain that low temp. Much like pulse modulation but far worse. Also if you don't drip you can visually see the fluid remaining so what is the point? I am also not fond of the nickel coils. Kind of an odd taste and of course there are the allergy issues. Since these devices monitor resistance and do not read actual temperature it is a guessing game that requires only certain metals. If and when the TC starts monitoring actual temp it may have an impact on future design. Even those that do vape at the extreme I would wait and see. Hope that helps Puf.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I do agree with you regarding the lower power capabilities of the newer "high powered" and TC chips. I do find TC a big advantage, though. Yes, it's a guesstimate of temperature based on the resistance of specific metals used for coils, but if you look at the data, the temperature and resistance are pretty much reliably related to one another. I had a problem with nickel wire also, crappy metallic taste to everything I vaped with it. I switched to titanium and that went away.

I don't consider myself a cloud chase by any stretch. I do like a nice cloud and good flavor though. The TC mod I'm using right now has been on the same build, titanium coil and rayon wicks, for almost two months at 7ml per day, almost 400ml. It still produces vapor and flavor the way it did on the first fill.

I view TC, as it stand today, to be pretty much in its' infancy. It is a good, additional, tool to prevent overheating and the production of things we don't want to inhale.

Reactions: gerrymi

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
It's been stated in several places on ECF, but I thought it worth repeating -- 2000mAh internal LiPo battery lasts roughly twice as long as external IMR 2000mAh. And CF4's 2000mAh lasts every bit as long as iStick30's 2200mAh, if not even longer.

On my 2000 and 2250 IMR's, I get most of a day in battery life; with my iStick30's and CF4, I could get 2 days, though I usually go ahead and charge on the 2nd day, so the charge doesn't drop so low and require a) longer to charge, and b) more heat with the fast charging they do when they're very well-drained.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Innokin hasn't done it, so I did. My low tank, TC (DNA40), hand built mod is finally a reality.

That's really neat looking! What tank is that? is it a 22mm tank? I *love* that style, but had to just forget about the VTRs when i discovered kayfuns and other 22mm attys.

Andria

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
The tank is a Fogger V6, a little bigger than 22mm, more like 23mm. I modified my VTR, with a Dremel and a straight sided burr bit, to take a 22mm tank and used an Erkonigin on it until the VTR finally died. I could have probably taken a little bit more off the ring and gotten a Fogger in as well, but with the ErlK being a single coil tank, left it at that, easier to accommodate the resistance/power limits of the VTR.

Reactions: caroloto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread