Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The tank is a Fogger V6, a little bigger than 22mm, more like 23mm. I modified my VTR, with a Dremel and a straight sided burr bit, to take a 22mm tank and used an Erkonigin on it until the VTR finally died. I could have probably taken a little bit more off the ring and gotten a Fogger in as well, but with the ErlK being a single coil tank, left it at that, easier to accommodate the resistance/power limits of the VTR.

How tall is the fogger v6? Wondering if something shorter would work in that... my Achilles are about 35-36mm tall.

Why is it that vape hardware mfr's can't come up with something that cool... There's the Kato, and clones, but that's a mech... not my first choice of vape hardware.

Andria

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
No room for magnets to hold the door?

I was thinking about magnets, and have them on hand, but space is fairly limited, both vertical and horizontal. The screw was a lot easier and way more solid. With magnets I would have needed some kind of pull which would have meant even more, tedious, fussy, work I can't do, LOL.

Reactions: DavidOck

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I am also not fond of the nickel coils. Kind of an odd taste and of course there are the allergy issues

I had a problem with nickel wire also, crappy metallic taste to everything I vaped with it.

Perhaps it's the nickel leeching into the ejuice???

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I've since re-visited nickel coils with better results. The trick seems to be cleaning the wire extra thoroughly. I pull it through an industrial strength "Scotch Brite" soaked in PPGA. Metallic flavor is gone so I suspect it was residual oils on the wire rather than nickel leaching. Nickel oxide won't form until the nickel reaches 600-800C, well above the levels of vaping unless you like really burnt, throat cutting, hits.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Well I've posted it everywhere else today, so I figure the Innokin thread is a good place for it too -- got my Phiniac-etched CF4 today!

myetchedCF4-fandb2.jpg

:D
Andria

zed888

Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Vortex 4

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welp, I think it looks fantastic, zed.

awsum, it's pricey as many bits of vape gear are, no more - no less. The atty that you say sticks out can also be viewed as semi hidden. ;)

I can't speak to the factor of protection, as I don't have one (yet), but my guess is that it will provide a degree of protection that surpasses most topper mods. It sounds to me like this might not be one for you, eh?

Alas, or yaaay. We all like what we like and thank GAWD for all the choicers. No typo. I'm feeling silly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread