Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
My review of the innokin “LEA”
Having my personal arsenal of Boge Leos at hand at any moment, I was given the opportunity to test out a new sample of the Lea from INNOKIN TECHNOLOGY . Here’s my review of this new, sporty little model which incorporates their latest “tank” cartridge and tank atomizer. The following is my review.

LEAGiftpackage-small.jpg

Factory Specs:
Measurements: 150mm x 13.5mm
Battery capacity: 650 mAh
Charge time: 3-4h
Input voltage: 4.5V~6.5V
Working voltage: 3.7V
Atomizer : 2.7Ohm
Lea colors available: Dim Gray, Matte Black, Pearl White and Barbara Red

Basic Starter kit includes:
1 battery 650mAh
1 Atomizer
1 atomizer/cartridge protective cover with pen style clip
5 tank cartridges empty
1 retractable USB mini cable for charging
1 user manual

First Impressions:
Very nice hard shell box with heavy spring, holds all 5 tank cartridges, the Lea battery, atomizer and cover, the retractable USB cable and manual. The Lea comes in a nice, velvet like packaging with the cartridges individually stored in small clear plastic vials. The Lea seems a bit shorter than the Leo, and definitely slimmer in design. The dim gray was a sexy smokey color that appeals to me, as well as the flat silver cap and atomizer that compliment the battery. The small push button on the battery is round and takes 3 taps to turn the Lea on. Yes that’s right, the Lea has an On/Off feature! I can live with that feature alone. The Lea is light weight and easy to hold. I’m hoping the vape is as sexy as the appearance

Battery:
The battery as mentioned is 650mAh. Upon steady almost constant use it gave me about seven hours of vaping before needing charged. It is rather light in weight for it being 650 mAh. The Lea is PT capable, having the same mini USB charging cable as the Leo under the bottom cap. The button is very small, but sticks out pretty well so it’s not difficult to activate. A small light ring around the button glows different colors according to how much charge is left in the battery. Green for good charge, yellow for medium, and red for low/no charge. No problems with it sticking or anything and works smoothly with every push.

Atomizer:
The atomizer is yet another proprietary atomizer but utilizes the 510 size. I’m told a Boge 510 cartomizer will fit and work with the Lea. This is key to making the Lea a very adaptable unit. The Lea atomizer tapers nicely, similar to a smaller sized Leo atomizer, but with key differences. Instead of your typical bridge inside, it has a sharp point inside meant to pierce the silicone bottom of the tank cartridges. You cannot use regular cartridges with this atomizer. The tank atomizer is strictly for use with the tank cartridge. Small holes along the ‘waist’ of the atomizer/battery are the air holes. I bet they can be covered for a harder pull.

Tank Cartridge:
The cartridge is a hard tip semi round. The tank is plugged on the bottom by a thin silicone plug that inserts into the tank bottom. The plug has a small hole in the center where the atomizer is allowed to piece inside to wick the e juice down to the atomizer. I’ve not measured, but it appears the tank holds about 1 ml of juice. Without poly fill to fuss with or give any burnt taste, I’m really looking forward to vaping with this.

Charger:
The charger is a mini USB to standard USB cable. It has a nice long cord 15” length. The charger cable’s mini USB plugs right into the bottom of the Leo battery. The port is hidden by the end chrome cap which unscrews to reveal the port.

Vaping:
I charged the battery up to full before using the first time. I filled the tank cartridge and inserted it into the atomizer. The semi-round tip of the tank felt odd, as I’ve grown very accustomed to the Leo 302/801 hard tips. The draw on the Lea is very easy. The tank cartridge seems to deliver a small amount of juice to the atomizer, but enough to create a creamy thick cloud of vapor. The vapor was very reminiscent of actual smoke, or that of a 6v unit. It was heavy and thick, but not massive in volume. The taste was good, not killer, but I think I was still burning some of the unflavored PG juice in which they prime the atty. It wasn’t until about an hour or so later that something happened… the primer dissipated and my e juice finally took over. Nice! The vapor from then on was sweet and heavy, thick and almost opaque. The flavor was very nice. Doing the long, slow draw and exhale produces grandpa’s cigar style vapor and you can fill a room very quick. In fact I kind of upset the wife as our wide screen TV was like watching a Drive-In movie in the fog.
The TH is ok, but that’s probably my juice choice (juicy peach 11mg), about 2/3rds of the Leo’s TH. Refilling the tank cartridge was easy, just remove the silicone plug, drip to filled, and reseat the plug. The battery lasted me about 7 hours, so a second one would be needed to get me through a day.

Summary:
The INNOKIN Lea model is definitely something to add to your collection. I’m enjoying the vape as something unique. The thick, sweet vapor is a nice contrast to my Leo’s massive volume of vapor. Price wise the Lea is relative to the Leo. The solid performing 650mAh 3.7v battery, combined with the unique tank atomizer and 1ml tank cartridge will definitely give you the nicotine you need, as well as get you looks from vapers and non-vapers alike. If the Leo is the Ferrari in a sea of Ford Pintos, the Lea would be the Mustang. Good power and eye catching, versatile and cutting edge. The Lea is a really good vape. I’m enjoying it as the perfect side kick to my Leo. The Lea’s size and ‘pen look alike’ styling, as well as the On/Off feature really make this the perfect “at the office” PV.
Ratings
Kit Contents: 10/10 Seems to be everything you need to get you started on a great PV
Battery Life: 7/10 There are higher mAh batteries out there, and a 2 battery set is needed.
Looks: 10/10 I like the way it looks, a lot. It is very unobtrusive.
Quality: 10/10 Well crafted, durable and the one of the best PVs in its class.
Flavor: 9/10 Good flavor once you work past that primer taste

Vapor: 9/10 Really thick cloud, but not as much volume/area as the Leo[FONT="] TH: 6/10 Again, this may just be my juice, but I’m not getting that much TH.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT="]
LEATankECigarette.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT="]
LEALeatherpackage.jpg

[/FONT]
[/CENTER]

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Nice review. The Lea looks very interesting. I think I might get one for my wife.

You mentioned that you have to click the button three times to turn the unit on -- a nice feature -- but how do you turn it off?

If the Lea is off, you turn it on with three button pushes; if the unit is on you turn it off with three button pushes.

BadState

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Redwood City, CA
With 13.5 mm diameter they could make it with replaceable batteries. Otherwise it's just an another eGO USB "crack tube" clone. What is so innovative about this model?
The design is nice thou.

It is a classy design. What's innovative about the latest ford model vs. the latest chevy? It's just about style and choices in this case.

Replaceable batteries are for a certain class of user. I like replaceable batteries too, but a lot of folks don't want to fuss with such things. Witness the popularity of the iPod. It was neither the first nor the best MP3 player, and it didn't have a replaceable battery. Also note that I have never owned an iPod (or iPhone or iMac ar iAnything). Different priorities for different users. That's why I want this for my wife. She's a sucker for anything with an apple on it, so the Lea might be right up her alley.

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
haha!! nice, so your the one that put in the order for 5000, delayed me gettin a small batch, joking, kinda glad you got some first to see how they vaped. I got an email from them about the lea, so hows the wicking? compared to an ego T? If it performs half as good as the leo with a tank, I think you got a winner and a possible new standard for tank style ecigs.

Last edited:

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
I've really enjoyed my Leo, but it seems like every Leo atty I've bought has burned out sooner than the one before it, plus I've been wanting to try a tank but don't like the look of the eGo.

If I don't see the Leo tanks for sale very soon, I think I'll be picking up one of these. Is anybody selling replacement attys yet for the Lea?

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Leo tank attys are done, however they are making last minute modifications to the tank cartridge. They should be done and shipped by the end of the month (my personal guess). I have a ton on order and I, too, am anxiously awaiting them.

On the other hand, my Innokin Leas should be arriving early to mid next week, as well as extra Lea batteries, tank atomizers and tank cartridges (retractable charging cables, etc). The flavor of the Lea doesn't quite hit the height of the Leo, but the vapor is richer, thicker, creamier, along with the stylized discreet looks; it makes the Lea the perfect stealth vaping unit for in public or at the office.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
Well, I went ahead and pre-ordered from WSV.

When I got my Leo, I just wished for a few things to make it perfect:

An actual shutoff since the switch was exposed.
A pen clip on the cap. (I lost one atty because it fell out of my shirt pocket when I bent over)
Just a little bit smaller.
Some cure for the wicking problems, like a tanks system, since I hate cartos.

I just hope the vape is close enough to the Leo that I don't miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread