Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Saw this video from one of my favorite reviewers and have to admit I like this! It seems a little bigger then the istick 30 watt ....it only has 2000 mah battery capacity but if this does release around the same price I will def pick up a couple for my purse carry case. I have always like the Innoking product best because their quality seems so much better. Right now in my carry case I keep a istick 30 watt because if worse comes to worse I can plug it in with my car charger.

Reactions: Peter_C

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
I like it and hope it turns out to be a good product.

I was thinking about an istick 30 but the components and build quality on them seemed lacking. If the price points are the same, which it seems they might be, then the CF4 is my upgrade.

I hope the name plate can be removed. I am not sure if it is just glued on. Personally, I'd like to see it gone as it takes away from the aesthetics. The fire button could be round as well. But I like the looks and the slightly bigger size might be nicer in the hand.

I'd like to know more about the internals and I'm most looking forward to knowing that information. The battery, for one, might be equal to an iStick 30W?!?!? - "marketing" spec's vs actual. Can't wait until someone looks "inside" to get a better picture.
Cheers

Last edited:

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I was thinking about an iStick 30 but the components and build quality on them seemed lacking.

While this may (or may not) be better than the istick 30W, the istick (30W, specifically) is a very solid device and I've heard of very few issues with it.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
While this may (or may not) be better than the istick 30W, the istick (30W, specifically) is a very solid device and I've heard of very few issues with it.

I have looked into the iStick 30W and for the price (depending on which country you live in) and it's overall package I can see why it is a popular mainstream device. Some competition will be good because if each component can be compared against something else you can see where the value lies. The iStick 30W's aluminum casing for example looks like it is an extruded aluminum tube cut to length and a paint applied. If somebody comes out with a stainless steel case and the colour is applied using an anodizing method the device may "wear" better. Same for the batteries, end caps, circuit boards etc... and if the price is the same - well you can start to compare very directly.

And sure, for some it is only going to come down to looks or price and they won't care about the build materials or technical specs and they don't even want to - which is totally fine and understandable. Hopefully the CF4 is a really solid device all around at the price point of an iStick 30W... if you like iStick 30W's it might drive the price down even more on them. In the end they are all just consumer products with margins for everyone from the manufacturer to the retailer. But I am looking forward to the detailed reviews to find out more.
Cheers

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
...but if this does release around the same price...

Looks like you're in luck.

From Innokin's Facebook page: "The MSRP is 42.99 however there will definitely be some great deals soon."
Source: Innokin Technology | Facebook

The Eleaf website has an iStick 30W at 44.99 for comparison.
Source: Eleaf iStick 30W Variable Wattage Device + Free E Liquid | EleafUS

You should be able to find a nice "online" price for the CF4.
Cheers

Another "review" video

img_0424.jpg

Last edited:

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
I would absolutely buy it in a heartbeat if it had a removable battery or if it had a higher mAh rating.

Ya, it seems like a common sentiment from many. All the mechanical components seem to be of better quality on the CF4. Innokin's board and chips seem to be regarded better as well.
If Innokin wanted to make a clean kill against something like an iStick 30W they should have used a cell of 2600mah. Having an ability to swap the cell out would have really put it over the top. I think Innokin could have done that and stayed within a few bucks of the iS30. Innokin left the door open somewhat, when they should have just slammed it shut.

Regardless, I think the competition will be good for us consumers and vapers - no matter the brand one likes. I would just like to see bigger steps taken... these baby steps taken every 6 months... that's good for the companies, not us.
Cheers

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I've been contemplating this mod for a moment now. I'm really tempted to get one just because it looks well built and very sleek and I love the colors and finish. But it looks like almost the same size as the iStick 50, and has almost the same battery life as the 30w AND its bigger than the 30w. If it was the same size as the 30w or had a bit more battery life, it would be an easy sale for me. But I dunno.... maybe I'll wait on it a second.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Grapevine says coolfire comming with changeable 18650 .... probably Coolfire IV Pro , market strategy from China!
I heard that Innokin is looking into a bigger mah battery and/or swappable as well.
I also agree with the "marketing strategy" = (how can Innokin get more money for what they should have done in the first place). I wanted to get a few CF4's but I feel Innokin is just playing games and dropped the ball... there are lots of other good mod's coming out and the iStick 30W is coming down in price.
Cheers

Reactions: ramrod

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I've been contemplating this mod for a moment now. I'm really tempted to get one just because it looks well built and very sleek and I love the colors and finish. But it looks like almost the same size as the iStick 50, and has almost the same battery life as the 30w AND its bigger than the 30w. If it was the same size as the 30w or had a bit more battery life, it would be an easy sale for me. But I dunno.... maybe I'll wait on it a second.

In my humble, you cannot compare an Innokin product to an Eleaf simply by features. It may be the same size as a iS50 with less Mah but innokins are not known for self firing and catching fire while sitting on a shelf. It's like comparing a Yugo to a BMW. They may both do the same thing and certainly the Yugo is less expensive and you can get more features for the buck but you get what you get. Although I have never handled the CF IV, I trust innokin to build a quality product. I've come to trust the products coming out of the Innokin factory but with the failures of the I20 and I50 I don't feel the same way about E-leaf. I think it is probably a good idea to wait and see how the new Cool Fire shakes out. It will probably have a few issues but Innokin has proven responsive to consumer concerns. I think it is always a good idea to wait and see on a new product.

I however, am throwing myself under the buss on this one and have volunteered as an ECF test monkey for the Cool Fire IV. I should have a first impressions post up by Wednesday!

:banana: :rickroll: :vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread