Inside the Drunker Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
After reading thru this thread, I am so wanting to try one of these, but the length of these is putting me off. Is there anyway to use the top piece as a mouth piece? Not having to add the length of a DT would help a little. Other than that, these look good.

Actually yes you can use it without a driptip I found. Don't be afraid of the size, it's way smaller than i thought and way lighter than my did clone.

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
i went to the grocery store and found the cotton rounds. All the ones they had were bleached cotton, i don't feel comfortable vaping on something that's been bleached. I think ill try some unbleached cheese cloth.

Just about every type of cotton you can buy will be treated with chemicals in some stage of production. JD is right also that bleached cottons actually do wick better than non bleached. Boil your cotton then rinse and squeeze as much water out as you can then let them sit over night and dry.

So I don't hijack adelines thread more info here. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/355501-different-cottons-different-wicks.html

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
Are the holes in the ceramic big enough for twisted legs?

Depends on the wire gauge, but I would be afraid of chipping the ceramic. The only time I have ever burnt the rubber grommet in my novas was when I didn't let the cotton soak.

I think I'm going to rebuild my drunker today to lower ohms so I have a new performance report for the thread. :D

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
I've had my drunker tank for about a week now, the only problem I've had is the 510 connection at the bottom came loose. It is a pressure fit connection, took the whole thing apart to clean it and then tapped it back in tight.

As an update, the press-fit connector came loose again. Rocked the 510 bottom connector out completely, pulled the center pin and then took a pair of needle nose pliers and gently flanged the top of the connector (the part that fits up into the tank) to tighten the fit. That seems to be holding steady now. I suspect the tolerances are just a little off on the one I got, or it wasn't pressed in completely to begin with. Either way, it's solid as a rock now. Still love it, haven't been using anything else since I got this one. Waiting on the others to come in!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
As an update, the press-fit connector came loose again. Rocked the 510 bottom connector out completely, pulled the center pin and then took a pair of needle nose pliers and gently flanged the top of the connector (the part that fits up into the tank) to tighten the fit. That seems to be holding steady now. I suspect the tolerances are just a little off on the one I got, or it wasn't pressed in completely to begin with. Either way, it's solid as a rock now. Still love it, haven't been using anything else since I got this one. Waiting on the others to come in!

You probably mentioned it earlier, but what are you using for a wick?

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
I just got done rebuilding mine, used a smaller sewing needle and one less wrap to lower the ohms a bit. I measured the legs of my last coil and each leg is exactly .5inch, so the legs alone are 1 inch of r-wire.

Wiredlove, glad you figured everything out and got it tight again. I love this tank as well, up until rebuilding I had been using mine exclusively. :)

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
Wiredlove, glad you figured everything out and got it tight again. I love this tank as well, up until rebuilding I had been using mine exclusively. :)

Yup, it's awesome, and really if that's the only thing wrong with it, I'll be doing alright. :D Super easy to fix.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
On the subject of twisting the legs.. I never had any problem with that with my vivi novas rewicked with cotton. I have zero interest in ordering something else and then trying to twist NR wire onto the coil. In fact... I have zero interest in using my novas again now that I have this LOL. I never, ever got near the vapor or flavor or performance out of the nova that I get out of each and every draw off of the drunker. I doubt it's made with very high quality materials or it wouldn't be as cheap as it is, but that doesn't bother me at all... I'm not into trophy vaping, as long as it works and works well... I'm good :) (I'm a bit more picky with my PVs)

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Well the cheesecloth wick is AWESOME. I think I let it soak for 20 hours or so. I got a little singe in the beginning.. I think my coils were too far apart. But this tastes really good now.

Went to a vape meet yesterday.. Everyone was really excited about the Drunker. I think I had the only one there!

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
By the weight and feel along with a magnetic test I would say the drunker is made out of aluminium and stainless steel.

Adeline, good to see the cheese cloth worked great. It can be a little more finicky than other wicks but does taste great.

The worst grommet burn I have ever had was from a twisted leg. It does work but if those twists bend apart slightly it becomes a mini coil... right on the rubber grommet lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread