• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually got a sister that lives in Phoenix---she just visited and I sent her home with a mod and she had an eGo waiting for her.
I'm anxious to hear how the transition is going.

Send her over to the VIP - vaping In Phoenix social group here on the forums; there are monthly get-togethers the next one is on the 18th.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
So, I see that I'm not the only insomniac. I was "anti-sleeping pill" for so long. But I've also been an insomniac for years. I finally tried the "sleep aid". It did not work. A doctor wrote me a prescription for Lunesta and gave me some samples. The samples helped, but (and maybe it's psychological) when I got the prescription filled, it was $192.00 for 30 days. I tried using it for a couple of weeks, but it's not working anymore. A friend told me about the melatonin. I haven't tried it yet. I feel guilty buying it when I still have about $100 left of the Lunesta. Go figure.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
chinmney55 - Sleeping pills have always scared me. I never tried them.

Melatonin does work for me about 70% of the time, but you gotta do it right.

Melatonin will not knock you out like sleeping pills do. If you want to stay up, you can. You have to actually lay down, about 10-20 minutes after taking it.

It feels like you're a normal person who sleeps, basically. :D

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
chinmney55 - Sleeping pills have always scared me. I never tried them.

Melatonin does work for me about 70% of the time, but you gotta do it right.

Melatonin will not knock you out like sleeping pills do. If you want to stay up, you can. You have to actually lay down, about 10-20 minutes after taking it.

It feels like you're a normal person who sleeps, basically. :D

Sounds good! Sleeping pills (at least Lunesta) doesn't knock me out. Actually, I wondered if it was making it worse so I quit about a week ago.

I'd love to be able to fall asleep in 15-20 minutes.

P.S. I've never been a "normal" person before. I wouldn't even know how to act. :laugh:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Sounds good! Sleeping pills (at least Lunesta) doesn't knock me out. Actually, I wondered if it was making it worse so I quit about a week ago.

I'd love to be able to fall asleep in 15-20 minutes.

P.S. I've never been a "normal" person before. I wouldn't even know how to act. :laugh:

I normally "drift" for 10 or 15 - sometimes I get an extended "half-asleep" period where you're kind of thinking but it's dream-like. If it's going to work, I'm out within 30-40 minutes of taking it.

Yeah, I'm guessing at what it's like to be normal too, lol. I haven't slept "normally" since I was 2 or 3 years old, according to my parents.

I just kinda got used to it.

Last edited:

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I have found that when my depression is under good control, then so is my insomnia. Hormones also affect it, but since I only have overies left, I have no idea when it's the hormones causing the problems anymore. It takes the melatonin about an hour to kick in for me, but I am very glad that it does. I've had a few nights it didn't work, but not too many. I can usually grab a nap at some point in the day, so that's not so bad. I like that it's non-addictive, inexpensive, otc and doesn't knock me out.
Best of luck to all my sleepless friends!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I went to the rip out room about 20 years ago and they took every thing. I was a mess inside though because right after having my first, I had a sever reaction to penicillin which caused a lot of scaring.
I take a low dose of hormone. If I don't I feel draggy and can't sleep, and I mean I can't sleep no matter what I take.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I had an emergency partial hyst when I had my last baby. The placenta had grown through the uterine wall instead of just attaching to it. It was lose the uterus or lay there & bleed to death. I did ask to keep my overies as I was going to breastfeed and I was only 34. I always said that I was going to have as many babies as I was meant to, and apparently that number was 5!
anyway, hormones really affect our sleep patterns, one way or the other! Someday all the kids will be grown and I hope to be able to keep my own schedual of sleeping very late and staying up late, that would be wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread