• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Believe it or not it will slow/stop the cough.

Slap some on your heel, rub it around, cover with a paper towel, and then put a sock on.

I don't know if I'd do this on a newborn. For older infants, I'd make sure they don't have an allergic reaction to Vicks. If you do use less and make sure they can't get their fingers in it!!!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
@Friend Of Atlas
Sorry to hear about the every other night. I went through that but it was two/three nights up and then I died for 10 to 12.

I just got back from my daughter's and the last three nights there I didn't get much sleep so last night I crawled into my gorgeous comfy own bed and didn't turn over for 8 hours. I don't do that often but when I do I soooo love it.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
@Friend Of Atlas
Sorry to hear about the every other night. I went through that but it was two/three nights up and then I died for 10 to 12.

I just got back from my daughter's and the last three nights there I didn't get much sleep so last night I crawled into my gorgeous comfy own bed and didn't turn over for 8 hours. I don't do that often but when I do I soooo love it.

I think it's side effects of med I'm taking. We'll see, I have a Dr.'s appt Tuesday, because I can't stand feeling awake all night and fatigued all day. It doesn't help me in regards to my other situation as well and I really need to get that under control again.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
What brand of Melatonin are you all taking? For the past month I have been taking the brand Natrol and they come in 5 mg supposedly fast dissolve. I started out taking 2 and letting them dissolve on my tongue (strawberry flavor) and I lay down about 20 minutes later...hours pass and I am still awake. I up the dosage to about 4 and I still stay awake, normally after 4 hours it knocks me out. I have tried natural sleeping pills, generic walgreen brand, unisom, etc. They all work for about 2 days then stop working (scared to up the dosage). I'm off my schedule so that means my 3 year old now won't sleep either.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Lol I did get it at walmart. It said take one and I KNEW that wasn't gonna work and days later I stopped taking them when I reached 6 (I know, I know bad) and I had a hangover state but STILL couldn't sleep. My boyfriend suggested I find out how to get into a sleep study because the past few months, I have been eating in my sleep. I have some weird stories from when I was a child my mother used to tell me from sleep walking to hearing me sitting up in the bed talking but my eyes were closed and I was asleep. I have NEVER been able to sleep well. In middle school I still remember my mother saying " I don't care what time you go to sleep as long as you get up for school".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread