• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandora Wilde

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
North Central Wisconsin
I know it's an odd time to be posting here but I wanted to make sure I could find the thread again.

I've been an insomniac since I quit drinking in 1992 and it's gotten steadily worse with chronic pain problems, and when tobacco withdrawals kicked in when I was down under half a pack of smellsticks it's been just nuts. My doc has given me Ambien to try out which is going all right except for the night I apparently played video games until my phone died, so I don't use it til the insomnia is driving me really nuts.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Welcome and glad you found the thread.

I go through spells but nothing major for a long time. I also know people who take Ambien...including my daughter every now and then. You are the first that I personally know who has done things in their sleep though. Now that has to be really scary.
Have you told your doctor? He probably could give you something else.

(((hugs)))

Pandora Wilde

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
North Central Wisconsin
Yep, I did tell him. He gave me something--another prescription for it. It works and that was the only time it happened so I guess he's not too worried. I am tho, so I don't take it more often than twice a week. That's about how long I can go before the lack of sleep starts making me see things that aren't there (like little black bugs crawling just out of my line of vision, which I guess worries him more).

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
I know it's an odd time to be posting here but I wanted to make sure I could find the thread again.

I've been an insomniac since I quit drinking in 1992 and it's gotten steadily worse with chronic pain problems, and when tobacco withdrawals kicked in when I was down under half a pack of smellsticks it's been just nuts. My doc has given me Ambien to try out which is going all right except for the night I apparently played video games until my phone died, so I don't use it til the insomnia is driving me really nuts.

Do you know that you can subscribe to a thread so you get notified on here, or in email anytime someone posts something new? It is also a great way to save your favorite threads. :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I stumbled on to the thread because of banner I saw when I was looking at the Funny Pages. Awesome to know there are others like me. I have tried bunches of stuff and the doctors give me enough stuff to knock out a pachyderm, but I don't like taking them. (except every once in a while I have too). I've tried several natural methods with no success but I'll be coming back to this thread for good suggestions. I wonder if it is just something I inherited. My dad is 80 and he was always such a light sleeper that he has never once used an alarm clock in his life. Even when he was working. Thanks again for the interesting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread