Instructions & Compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
Just wanted to make an easy place to get user info for our Smilin products. Feel free to link other posts etc...

Untill today the only type of ecig I have ever used was the Jazz disposable. I recieved my V/K today and want to start out the right way.

Based on what Im reading in other threads do I need to charge the battery for 12 hours? I also read that the battery can burn up so I want to get this right.

Im using the USB adapter connected wih AC adapter to charge.
I noticed only a couple hours after charge the light is green on the AC adapter and blue on the USB adapter so is it done charging or wait 10 more hours?

Also what other products are interchangeable with the V/K?

Thanks for any info & advice.

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
At least one of my batteries was already charged when I received it. I don't remember if the other one needed a charge or not.
I believe there are other places that sell the disposable atomizer/cart on the net.
I would use the one with the green light that your charged in the wall. HTH, Barbara

OK Thanks so never mind how long to charge just wait for the green light and its ready. I figured thats it but want to do it right. These new products seem to be a lot smarter than most of the other ecig products info I been reading.

Also is there a chance the battery can burn up if I leave it to long on the charger or do these new kits have smart chargers/batteries that auto stop charging?

Peaches

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Also is there a chance the battery can burn up if I leave it to long on the charger or do these new kits have smart chargers/batteries that auto stop charging?
I don't know the answer but maybe Chris or Smilin/Steve can answer your question.
I haven't had a battery burn out by leaving it in the charger longer BUT I'm really not sure if I'm doing damage & shortening the life of the battery.
Barbara

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
I found lots of info and suppliers google model hqv92 or kr808d-1 there is also a -2 model shorter batt. FYI Just wanted to add most of the suppliers require Bulk and all the customs fees etc... so if you just need a couple prob best to keep it simple & order from Steve-Chris.

I also found some FAQ saying charge untill light turns green and let charge atleast 1additional hour after the green light for best results. Info didnt mention anything about leaving on a charger so I think its a smart charger.

Anyways I got both charged and going to pop open a cold brew and test flavors now.

I think the white carts that came with the kit are either Mint or Menthol both of those flavors are listed so not sure which one it is. I also got Cola & Coffee HEHE.

Last edited:

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
Great Tips from SambucaLu.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/6701-best-price-9.html

Just wanted to mention there is a way to refill the VK (in case you didn't already know). Pull off the top tab....then the second piece of plastic in there....then drip some in. What I do is use the plastic cover that comes with the cartridge and just cut a hole in it and put it over the top. Vape it like that...or without it...whichever. I have gotten a lot of use out of my carts this way!

Also, I took off the paper and found a nice silver cart under there. It's gluey and needs to be cleaned off but looks a lot better than the other colors on there.

Haven't had any battery problems doing this either (yet!) but use at your own risk :p

Lu

Personally I like to keep the wrappers on so I can label with a sharpie soon as I get my flavors. Will be easier switching around 12+ flavors. But I like your idea for times when I am out and dont want an ugly green cig LOL. The steel look with black batt is a nice touch.

Once I get to the flavor I like most I will buy a bottle of that flavor to refill.

To take it even further look at this idea from dedulya.

I prefer 901 mouthpiece plugged into VK cart :) Black battery with silver cart and black mouth piece on top looks very elegant ;)

I want to try this where can we find a good deal on these mouth pieces? OH if anyone has a baggy of these 901 mouthpieces in black and wants to swap a few for a pack of carts let me know?

I am off to see Watchmen on the Imax so will check back later...

Cobaltrich27

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Glad you guys found the tip useful! I posted that on the other thread before I left for Buffalo Sat morning but was in a hurry and didn't get a chance to post it here too. So I have been using the same cart for a week now, with refilling. But I don't use a syringe and quite honestly, can't be bothered with replacing the 2 plastic covers so for me, using the rubber cover with a hole works perfectly. I'm a rather heavy vaper and have just found it so easy to pull off that rubber top and drip away...yay!

And so far the atomizer is holding out well too. Will be curious to see how long that lasts!

Lu

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
Finally done my first recharge after 1 week of on/off usage the batts still worked but I wanted to get a good fresh charge.

Took about 3 hours to charge I also left in for extra hour read that in a FAQ.

When the batt is plugged to power there should be 3 to 4 flashes from the batt l.e.d. then stops flashing and nothing else happens to the batt l.e.d.

The AC plug turns red when charging then green when finished.

The USB Turns Red when charging with a flash of blue every 7 seconds then solid blue when done charging.

I dont think its a good idea to twist/tighten the batt in this type of charger it doesnt require any screw action like other units. There is a spring loaded peg inside could get damaged so I only push in.

Also turning inside the USB charger could wear down the rubber tracks that keep the batt seated just push in lightly and take care of your chargers.

After done charging I re-plugged the unit and still had green/blue lights so these are smart chargers and I dont think there would be any damage to the unit if you had to leave then unplug later:D.

Lu hows the disp v/k atomizer holding up with juicing? Getting my sampler juice tomorrow cant wait to try something besides Coffee yummy & Cola yuck LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread